Right Where I am Supposed to Be

Right Where I am Supposed to Be - Junhyung

"It’s over"

Those two words cut through the heavy air that had settled between the two people sitting across from each other. Junhyung sat there in awe while his girlfriend, Hara, sat across from him. Her clean manicured nails wrapped around the glossy, white porcelain mug that sat in front of her while the mocha scent filled the cafe around them.

"W-What?" Junhyung whispered wondering if he heard her right. 

"It’s over. I am done with us" Hara lifted her mug up and pressed it against her lips while Junhyung’s eyes dropped down to his warm drink before him. The white cream slowly drifted on top of the beautiful brown liquid settling underneath. Rounding his shoulders, he slumped back into his seat letting his head slowly nod.

Watching the one that held his heart stand up and walk away, the clicking of her heels became distant as the jingling of the bell sounded the end.

Months passed as Junhyung tried everything to get Hara out of his mind, but with no success, he went through the motions of each day with the hope of seeing her just once.

"Hey Junyung, I heard there was a new girl in the building. Do you want to go check her out with me?" Gikwang offered as he walked in the studio seeing that they were a little early.

"No… I don’t think so" He mumbled, but before he could turn the corner, Gikwang grabbed his arm and pulled him the other direction to go and see the new girl.

"I said I didn’t want to go" Junhyung growled while Gikwang already pulled him to the department as they both stood there in shock. 

Peering through the crystal clear glass, they watched you perform simple tasks, answering calls, organizing papers and typing on the computer. The simple tasks turned into a beauty to behold while the two guys’ eyes stared at you from behind the glass.

“Wow the trainee’s were right, she is a beauty” Gikwang breathed feeling his heart beat a little faster. Junhyung stood there stunned, thinking that he couldn’t find someone who caught his attention after Hara, he was sorely mistaken.

Days passed while Junhyung made special trips just to pass by your desk, every morning he would take the long way around just to see you taking off your jacket and sitting down at your desk as you tried to prioritize the day ahead. With the long days slowly ticking by, he always made sure he walked past your office to make sure you left before he did. Yet if he saw you still working, he would patiently wait until you were finished before he would leave the building.

One day, the sun was starting to peek over the horizon as the boys of Beast shuffled down the hallways trying to get to their practice room. Junhyung paused when he passed by your office, stopping in his tracks, he bit his lip while the members slowed down and turned around seeing that Junhyung was far behind them.

"Just go talk to her already" Doojoon walked back over to him and pushed Junhyung’s shoulder towards your door.

"I can’t… what if she leaves like Hara? What if she doesn’t like me like Hara?" He fiddled with his fingers

"This isn’t Hara" The members told him in unison.

"You won’t know unless you try" Dongwoon reassured him

"Okay…" Junhyung nodded his head and gathered his thoughts while taking deep cleansing breaths. Stepping forward, he began to approach your desk slowly.

Thoughts ran through his mind until his mind went blank, slowing his steps he looked over his shoulder at the members standing around the corner.

"How may I help you?" You questioned seeing the man awkwardly stand in front of your desk. Hearing your voice, the man in front of you slowly turned his head around while his brown eyes scanned your complexion slowly.

"A-A-Ah…" He stuttered, lifting one hand up and rubbing the back of his neck slowly, you recognized the man that stood in front of you.

"Aren’t you Beast’s Junhyung?" You questioned tilting your head slightly to the side while your eyes watched a smile pull on the side of his lips slightly.

"I am" He sheepishly nodded his head, dropping his eyes he found your name plate on the front of your desk. "Are you…. Lee MaeRi?" Lifting his eyes he saw your smile curled on your lips as the slightly shake of your head brushed your hair across your cheeks.

"I actually took over her position" You informed him, "My name is _____ _____" You bowed across your desk to him, he bowed back slowly.

"Mianhae…" His soft voice cooed while taking a step back.

“Don’t worry about it, they haven’t ordered my nameplate yet so it happens all the time” You reassured him with a small smile pulling on the side of your lips.

"I have some things to tend to, but I hope to see you around?" Junhyung glanced up at you for a split second before dropping his head back down

"Of course, I should get back to work too, but it was really nice to meet you" You genuinely smiled at him

"Likewise, ______" With that he left with a smile. Walking back to s, they all clapped as you saw them all waiting outside and patting him on the back. Biting on the cap of your pen, you shook your head slightly trying to shake the butterflies that were slowly growing in your stomach. 

More months passed as you would wave to Junhyung passing by your office every day, eventually coming in and creating small talk, the two of you started to grow a friendship. The more time you two spent together the more you had fun with each other, yet the butterflies in your stomach didn’t fade but only grew. Finding yourself thinking of him at slow moments in your day, you tried to rationalize with yourself until you couldn’t hide it from him anymore.

“Jun?” You questioned one day as the two of you ate lunch together in the cafeteria.

“Oh?” He hummed while his eyes lifted from answering a message from his phone.

“Would you like to go see the fireworks this weekend? I haven’t seen them but I really want to go, I just don’t want to go alone” You played with the napkin draped over your legs as his eyes widened at your request.

“Of course!” He instantly brightened, a beaming smile pulled from one ear to the other. “I would love to come with you!”

“Great~” You smiled down at your food while your cheeks blushed madly. Eating a little bit more of your food, your heart wouldn’t stop pounding against your ribs. A silence settled between the two of you, yet the excitement in the air didn’t dwindle but built as the two of you ate a little more of your lunch.

“So…” Junhyung cleared his throat, “Just so I know… is the fireworks a d-date thing or just a friend t-thing?“ His brown eyes lifted to look at you across the table, watching your silky hair, you took a small bite before your eyes lifted to his and slightly sparkled.

“Just a friend thing… unless you wanted to make it a date thing” You offered, tilting your head slightly in curiosity. Nodding his head lightly, he smiled and chuckled a little.

“I’ll pick you up at 8 then? For our date?“ He stammered quietly causing a deeper blush to fill your cheeks.

Agreeing to the date, you gave him your address so he could pick you up but as the night fell upon you, you couldn’t help but pace through your living room. Glancing down at your cute yet casual outfit, pulling the hem of your shirt down a little more, the sound of knuckles hitting the hard door pulled your attention way from your outfit.

Trotting to the door, you opened it up to find Junhyung dressed just as casual yet classy as you were.

“Are you ready to go? If we go now we can get a good spot” He smiled and offered you his shaking hand. Slipping your quivering hand into his, you smiled and nodded.

“Ready~” You cooed while pulling your front door closed behind the two of you.

Taking the short drive to the city park, he helped you out of the car before going to the trunk of his car and folding a blanket over his arm. Finding your way across the evenly cut grass, you two tried to find the perfect spot for viewing the breathtaking fireworks.

“What about right here?” He stood and looked around as you did the same.

“I like it!” You told him excitedly. Unfolding the blanket, he lifted it up in the air and guided the unfolded blanket over the green grass.

Both of you sat on the blanket as you both talked until it was dark enough for the fireworks to start. Blasts of color burst into the sky with a large boom, oh’s and awe’s lifted from the crowd as the bombs shot off into the ebony sky.

“This is so beautiful” You breathed feeling yourself inch closer to him.

“It really is” He glanced over at you while the bursts of color lit up your perfectly beautiful face. Hearing a whisper from his heart, his eyes dropped to your hand that rested on your leg. Ceasing the moment, he slowly lifted his hand and slid his hand through yours, your eyes instantly dropped at the feel of his hand against yours.

Watching your twinkling eyes, he slowly wrapped his fingers around your hand as your fingers wrapped around his. Slowly you rested your head onto his strong shoulder, shifting his gaze to you, he felt you relax against him. Junhyhung’s thumb brushed over your knuckles while his heart settled while one thought came into his mind.

This is right where I am supposed to be