Erasing Pains

Growing pains: Erasure

Hyukjae~

I knew she was the one for me. I'd see it in her eyes when I'd utter those three words that mean so much to me. But I guess they only meant that much to me not to her. 

We were together since our college years. She was my everything. But I guess that one quote really goes with me now. 

"Never make someone your everything because once their gone you're left with nothing." 

I stood up from where I was sitting on the floor; the foot of my couch. I stood up ruffling my hair desperately. I sat back down on the floor unsettling as I lay my head back on the couch staring at the ring. 

I'm foolish. The day I proposed she happily said yes I was over the moon. But I guess I was the happiest for both. 

I had told her to meet me at our usual place. I was late I knew it. She'd throw a tantrum again but I'd kiss it away like always. 

On my way there I bumped into another guy but I didn't bother apologizing. I was late after all.

"What are you saying?" She didn't mean that. I'm sure. I tried to coax her "Baby," I set my arm on her. 

"No Hyukjae!" She pushed my arm away. "It's over." My breath hitched as I watched her taking the ring off. She handed it to me. She gave me back my heart. 

I felt my lips tremble my whole body was shaking now. I watched her leave and I desperately wanted to call her back. Beg her not to leave me because I love her. But all I could do was sight in frustration and turn around clutching the ring in my hand. 

No this can't be happening! I stared at the city lights then down. I wonder- no. She's probably confused and needs time! I don't want this to end I'll hold onto it. For her. 

I sensed someone near me but ignored them trying to process what just happened. I lifted my gaze turning and that's when I saw him again. Our eyes met briefly before I walked away. Wasn't he going the opposite way when we bumped? 

The next day I bought her roses. I remember this is how I wooed her or when we have our irrelevant fights we get past them and she smiles as she takes the roses. Hopefully this is no exception. 

Deep down I'm scared of rejection again but she said yes when I proposed that needs to mean something. 

I ran remembering the day we reflected on our relationship. As I caressed her hand I decided I'd propose. The ring would look beautiful on her milky white hand. It was time to take the next step. I always want to see the ring on her finger. 

I was so close to her now. I kept my gaze downcast as I debated whether or not to talk to her. I know her and she always needs time after a fight but the roses always make her smile. 

I watched her coming out with an umbrella. I had forgotten mine. She walked towards me and I kept my gaze downwards as I handed her the bouquet. I watched her from under my bangs and she plucked a single rose out in her hand. I gulped suddenly she dropped it and left without a word. 

But I didn't need a word to know what just happened. It's really over this time. 

I threw the roses on the floor. Never in my life had I felt this heartbroken. 

I want to erase the pain. 

----------

Donghae~ 

"Are you sure about this?" I inhaled. 

On my way here I bumped on a guy first. Then I saw her again. I wanted to say something but I was afraid of even talking to her now. 

No I have to. I rushed towards the way I had seen her go but she wasn't there anymore. Instead I saw the same guy I had bumped into staring at the city lights. He looks hurt. Our eyes met for a second but it was enough to know he really was hurt. He left afterwards. 

I was getting ready to go to work. As I stared at myself in the mirror I remembered when I first asked her to move in with me. All our happy memories in this now lonely house. I miss her. 

As I drove I remembered her again. She's always up there. Her smiles, her hugs, her cheerfulness. I also remembered our first real fight. She was leaving me. 

I grabbed her arms trying to shake an answer out of her as she was pushing me away. I pushed her with a hit to the floor I was hurt but I hurt her as well. I really didn't mean to. I didn't want to do it. I just couldn't control myself. 

My hand felt as if it was burning and I watched as she grabbed her stuff. I couldn't stop her not after what I had done. 

I'm sure now I want to erase the monster I was becoming. I want to erase it all and begin anew. 

"I'm sure." 

---------------

A/N: Okay so firstly let me say this is how I interpreted the video and twisted it a bit to fit the FanFic so don't bash on me about the real meaning of the video because it's just to fit the Fic. Anyways you can though tell me the real story line..? This is just how I saw it lol. I hope you all enjoy it! I've been having this song stuck in my head since it came out and I was really hoping they'd at least hug it out in the end! But it never happened so I decided to write it out~ 

Comment and subscribe!~