1/2

Ice Cream

Juhyun was broke. Flat broke.

Broker than a Philosophy major straight out of college.

Broker than -

well, you get the point.

As a certified Trust Fund Baby®, this was not a situation she’d been acclimated to or could say she particularly liked.

You see, in addition to being penniless, Juhyun was also an established biual. This is important to note as the latter was directly correlated for the former.

Specifically,her grandmother all but writing her out of her will at the discovery of her granddaughter shoving her hands up her roommate's hideous holiday sweater in a broom closet during Christmas dinner.

Her parents had intervened on her behalf, ensuring her tuition and board continued to be paid for, but when it came to living expenses and luxuries, Juhyun was on her own.

Looking back, Juhyun honestly felt as if a great injustice had been forced upon her by the universe, It wasn’t as if her family hadn’t been more or less aware of her uality what with her constant innuendos and a brief scuffle in kindergarten when she’d bit a boy who made her “girlfriend” cry (girlfriend being dubious because, honestly, how legitimate is a relationship between five year olds).

Her Senior year she’d even snuck out to Bucheon for a day with the daughter of her father’s Canadian business associate and they’d gotten matching tattoos on their heels.

Additionally, it wasn’t as if it was her fault that Seulgi was super hot and open to platonic groping.

There’s only so much a girl can take when their pretty roommate had made vivid entreaties over the banana cream pie.

With this in mind, Juhyun stomped her way across the green, all but knocking a gaggle of freshmen from their roost beneath a shady tree.

She reached her dormitory and flung open the door, frustrated not only by her circumstances but also by midterms and the telltale throbs in her lower abdomen signaling her impending period.

Life .

She shucked off her clothes, waddled towards her duvet and screamed very, very loudly into her precious f(x) Sulli body pillow.

Her muffled yells and thrashing feet disturbed Seulgi’s studying. The younger pulled her earbuds out and swiveled in her chair to face the younger.

“I’d ask you if you were alright, but given the evidence, I’d say no” she drawled as she left her seat and crawled in alongside the elder.

Seulgi pulled the other girl into and embrace and continued, “Actually, knowing you for this long, it’s pretty clear that even in a normal state there’s something not quite right with you”.

Juhyun wailed louder into the girl’s cardigan and pouted “You’re not supposed to be berating me, you’re supposed to be comforting me with chocolate and kisses like a good friend would!”

Seulgi rolled her eyes and pushed the elder on her back.

“Unnie, let’s get out of here, I want to have some fun”

Juhyun pushed the girl off and re-assumed her fetal position, “I don’t want to go out,” she clawed her way underneath the duvet and and pulled the soft cotton into a cocoon around her,” I want to become one with the earth and be reincarnated as a poisonous fungus”.

‘Come on, let’s go clubbing! You’ll just feel worse if you stay cooped up in here,” the girl bounced up and down on the mattress, jostling Juhyun with every impact, “ you just need liquor and some hot young thing on your arm and you’ll be back to normal”.

“ You’re forgetting that I have no money to sustain either a healthy buzz or a pretty college student” Juhyun grumbled.

“ Then I’ll be your dance partner and cover everything tonight,” Seulgi rebutted, having already pulled on a slinky black dress and currently rifling through their closet for suitable vestments for the elder.

Juhyun caught the glossy red hotpants thrown her way and grudgingly pulled them on.

“You better pay me back though. I’m many thing to you, but your Sugar Mama’s not one of them- you’re not nearly cute enough for that”.

Juhyun pulled a face and threw a pillow at the girl.

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

Juhyun and Seulgi, the ragtag duo, went out that night and got completely, irrefutably wasted. Juhyun, though being a paltry 5’3 and delicately framed, could drink a linebacker under the table given the proper libations- and as it turned out, Seulgi hadn’t had to pull out her Visa gold card once that night as Juhyun shamelessly batted her lashes and secured admittance, a table, and enough tequila shots to sustain a small country.

The only break in the party came when Seulgi and Yeri, the responsible freshman the two had dragged along to be the designated driver, had to hold Juhyun back from drunkenly pummeling some sleaze who’d had the nerve to break into their circle and grind against her thigh.

Infectious club beats drove the girls through the night, carrying on to the following morning.

Thus, the the trio found themselves stumbling through the streets of Hongdae at the ungodly hour of 5AM, picking their way through the passed out bodies of their fellow revelers. Sweet Yeri, having diligently dragged her intoxicated unnies a good half mile, gently placed them on a nearby bench in order to dig around her purse and call for a cab.

As Juhyun lazily rested her head on Seulgi’s shoulder, a brightly colored sign with distinctive lettering roused her from her stupor.

There, among pastel swirls and cutesy flower decals, “Help Wanted”, the words of her salvation, beckoned her.

“Yeri, cancel the cab!”

Her outburst startled the youngest into dropping her phone as she watched the elder stumble her way towards an old-timey shop with the words “Granny Park’s Sweets” scrawled in cursive along the neon sign.

Juhyun pulled on the wooden door and entered the store, eyes landing on the sole person shuffling behind the counter.

The girl was tall, taller than Juhyun but with a distinctive baby face and adorably chubby cheeks. She started at the jingling of the door bell and turned to to face Juhyun while tucking back a strand of her silky auburn hair.

Juhyun felt as a halo of light had burst into the shop and a chorus of seraphims had descended to praise the momentous occasion.

Maybe this was love at first sight, or even more probable: she was just really drunk and very gay, but when the angel spoke Juhyun swooned and nearly proposed then and there.

It was only after moronically standing there for a minute did she realize she’d missed what the girl said and had probably made a terrible impression on her future potential coworker.

“Can I help you?” the girl repeated, obviously taken aback as she took in Jihyun’s disheveled appearance.

“Um, yes- I’m,” Jihyun composed her slurring in a feeble attempt to appear sober, “I saw your “help wanted” sign outside and I’m single- um, available for employment,”

Juhyun mentally berated herself for sounding like the drunk, desperate, idiot she was before composing herself and flashing her best beauty-queen smile.

The girl, now dubbed Joy as apparent on her shiny silver name tag, raised an eyebrow but reached under the counter and pulled out a stack of papers.

“Fill out this application and bring it with you to open interviews on the 19th, you’ll find all the information and store policies enclosed,” the girl then turned back towards her arranging, politely making it clear that Juhyun could leave now.

Juhyun took a minute to regain feeling in her legs before stumbling her way towards the doors.

As she was heading out the door a call of “ the interview is dress code only” followed by a tinkling laugh momentarily dazed her before an expectant Seulgi and Yeri rushed her and and carried her to the awaiting cab.

“What was that about” Seulgi questioned, eyeing a still-stunned Juhyun with a wary look.

Juhyun clutched her job application to her chest and murmured a plaintive, “I’m in love”.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: "should be up tonight", "short drabble"

 2a4z6km.jpg

But anyways, thanks for subscribing guys! Part two will be coming soon, I'm leaving this ambigiuos bc midterms are coming up and idk how much time I'll have.

Be sure to comment and feel free to talk to me about RV's ICONIC comeback since I'm just really proud right now :').

Also, sorry Wendy won't be making a canon appearance since I couldn't figure out how to work her in but I did allude to her....she was the Canadian business partner's daughter...if you missed that.