Final

The Beauty of Music

It begun a long time ago, about when I was only eight years old. My dad - a famous pianist - had decided that I would follow in his footsteps and he put me in a music class. A class where I was the only one learning to become a pianist. I slowly fell in love with the instrument, seeing that everyone was amazed by my abilities to play beautifully with ease.

A perfect year flew by steadily, and then there was a new student. His name was Kim Myungsoo. Myungsoo was cute, shorter than me and a pure Korean with his hazel eyes and curly ginger hair. I was deeply intrigued by him, especially because he also played piano. It seemed like we had something in common.

A month flew by after that, and I slowly grew to hate Myungsoo. Not because there was anything wrong with the boy, but because he was a musical genius. The compliments on my beautiful playing were now thrown his way, and I was left feeling empty. No one seemed to care about me anymore; all they cared about was Myungsoo. My love for music turned into an envious demon.

For the next seven years, I practiced feverishly. Not because I loved playing piano, but I wanted to destroy him. I wanted to steal away what he stole from me; the compliments and the pride. The envious demon within me made sure I stayed focus on that task, but it seemed like I could never catch up to him.

However, at the age of sixteen, Myungsoo and I were forced to team up. We were told that we were one of the most talented teenagers out there, so we would perform for the higher ups. He grinned from ear-to-ear from the compliment, but I simply huffed, annoyed by the fact Myungsoo was now my partner.

At our first practice, I wasn't very cooperative. I was moody and rude. He didn't seem to mind that though. He just smiled at me and practiced alone. Even though I hated him, I listened to him play beautifully. For the first time my heart fluttered, simply because of the music he played.

After a couple more practices, I soon let go of some of my hate. It had seemed like my hate had turned into slight admiration. Something about the way his lean fingers flew across the piano and the way his eyes turned a shade darker as he fell in love with the sound of the piano had made my heart soften up for him. It was like his music had cleansed the demon within me. I wouldn't say I was fond of him, but I was now willing to work with him.

By our final practice sessions, I had come to realize that Myungsoo was quite attractive. His ginger hair was always dishevelled carelessly just right, and his body was nice and muscular. The face that was once chubby was now well defined, making him any girls dream. However, none of those things compared to the beauty I saw when he played the piano, the beauty I had slowly fallen in love with.

The hate that I once felt, was now filled with warm feelings of love. It was unexpecting, but magical. I didn't think he felt the same way about me though, it seemed like I was nothing more than a friend. That didn't bothered me at first, I soon realized that he didn't seem interested in anyone. Knowing that, I was somewhat satisfied.

Finally the day of the performance came. I was extremely nervous, and Myungsoo noticed that. To reassure me, he squeezed my hand before we went on stage. My heart fluttered as I smiled shyly at him. I knew I wouldn't let him down.

Once set up on stage, the large red curtains opened, revealing an audience of five hundred people. A smile formed on my face as I watched Myungsoo grow alive with the large crowd watching. He began to play Fur Elise, and I soon joined in. We played perfectly in sync, and I felt as if we were one. Those once lonely feelings within me were gone. Being united like this was good enough for me.

As the song ended, the crowd erupted with applause. Myungsoo walked up to me and embraced me, causing my heart to hammer against my chest. With his arms still wrapped around me, he took a step back. He smiled at me brightly, his eyes still a darker shade from playing.

Before I could stop myself, I kissed him, causing the audience to cheer louder. To my surprise he kissed me back passionately. My heart felt like it would burst as he smiled against my lips.

After a few seconds, I pulled back and whispered confidently, "You're as beautiful as your music."

He chuckled lightly and then tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. His cheeks were slightly pink, and I wondered how red my own were.

"You took the words right out of my mouth," he whispered back.

 

---

 

We hope you like it~ ^.^

 

- From me and Elieza :)))