absolutely

your lips are heaven, but your words are hell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today, someone asked me if I would ever go back to you.
I wasn't surprised when the first reply that came to my mind was
'absolutely'

▒ 

 

Kwon Jiyong was sitting down at a dinner table somewhere in Seoul, aimlessly scrolling through his instagram. He had been waiting for his friends alone, but reprimanded himself for getting excited and coming too early. Now, he sat at a table for 6, all by himself with nothing to do but go through his phone. He was checking his messages when he heard the rumble of things falling and chairs scraping. Startled, he looked up, only to see an elderly man on the ground, struggling to stand after falling. Jiyong, being the angel that he kept telling himself he was, immediately stood up, took the elderly man's arm and helped him up. He heard whispers of 'thank you' and 'i'm sorry' coming from the man's mouth as Jiyong lead him to the seat across him.

"Are you alright?" Jiyong asked.

The elderly man was dusting himself off when he replied, "I'm fine. Thank you so much," while smiling at Jiyong. He didn't want to be rude and silent when he was the one who dragged the man to sit with him, so he tried starting a conversation.

"I'm Kwon Jiyong. What's your name?" He asked, startling the elderly man.

"My name is Park Jong Hyun. How come you're sitting at a table for 6? Are you perhaps waiting for you friends?" The man question, resting his face on his palm.

"Actually, yeah. I am. I came here quite early, so they won't be here for probably another 15 minutes or so. What about you? Are you waiting for someone?" He answered, leaning against the table with his elbows to listen better. 

An unknown expression passed through Jong Hyun's eyes before he smiled at Jiyong again. "It would be nice to say that I was waiting for someone, but I'm not. Not anymore."

"Then, how come you're here by yourself?" This elderly man piqued Jiyong's interest.

"Can't an old man just get something to eat?!" He said, making Jiyong nervous. He saw his expression and laughed at his face. "Just kidding. This place holds a lot of memories for me. It's very sentimental."

For some reason, a wave of nostalgia came over Jiyong, making him sigh. He understood what the man was trying to say.

"Was it a woman?" Jiyong asked, wiggling his eyebrows jokingly.

The man laughed at him. "You're a very funny young man, but yes. It was a woman. The love of my life, probably."

Jiyong looked confused. "What do you mean probably? What happened? If you don't mind me asking."

"I don't mind. It was decades ago. It's in the past, I don't mind sharing my experience. Maybe you'll learn from it." He smiled. "She was a pretty girl. The center of the world. Have you ever met someone like that? Someone so brilliantly amazing that it just seemed like the world revolved around her?"

Oh, he definitely did. He knew it all too well. She came to him like the sun and his world definitely revolved around her for a while.

"I met her when I was young. She was 15 and I was 19. Horrible time to be alive, with the war and all, but when I met her, it was like time stopped and light was radiating off of her. She was just this happy little ball of life. God, even now, just thinking about it makes me happy. She made everyone happy. She filled the dark world with pure light."

Jiyong thought that this s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter