Final

Gone Too Soon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So I came up with this idea. This is my favorite song, hope you like it :)

 

 

 

“…Hey there now, where'd you go?

You left me here so unexpected

You changed my life, I hope you know

‘Cause now I'm lost, so unprotected…”

 

 

“No, Kai―” A stern girly voice shoot him, “… No!”

 

He can’t believe this! He came all the way here to get a peace before his match. A small park behind the library was his place to go whenever he needed a time for himself. It was quiet here and no one will go near him if he was there mastering this park. There was an old bench under the oak tree―his official kingdom seat. He didn’t want to lose this match and that’s why he came to this park calming down himself.

 

Yes, a match―a basketball match.

 

Woodfords High School held a basketball tournament this year as the host of 25th annual National Youth Championship. Crowds were at every corner in it. This high school was one of the best national high schools in South Korea. Students were seemed enthusiastic waiting for the match. There was something called prestige if they won this tournament because they chosen as the host. Of course, they expected to win this game.

 

“Oh come on, Krys…” A husky seductive voice was replacing that girly one.

 

He smirked. It seemed like a needy male student tried to make out here. He shook his head feeling all ridiculous and he just brushed it off. The wind was blowing gently, caressing his face.

 

“Geez, how many times I’ve told you that I don’t like you?!” That girl was using English that somehow it sounded appealing for him. Her voice turned annoyed as she looked like infuriated with the boy.

 

The boy laughed a little. He could predict that there must be a grin on the boy’s face, “Well, kiss me just once wouldn’t harm, right? You get this rare opportunity to kiss me while girls were begging like crazy.”

 

“I’m not those stupid idiotic girls of yours!” The girl shouted in anger.

 

He rose up from his bench, losing his peace. Those two human beings were really ruining his peaceful therapy. He raked a hand through his hair impatiently. What made him turned angry was that the boy didn’t know how to respect women. He got much enough on his plate with a terrible accident that happened with his sister.

 

“Well, Krys, don’t act like a hypocrite. I know that you want my lips like them.” That Kai guy pushed her to the wall, gripping on her arms like a tight rope. Krys―yeah, Krys whoever that girl’s name was, wriggling using her full strength to release herself but the boy was way too strong.

 

“Let me go, Kai!! For God’s sake!! I hate you!!” Tears were on the verged of her pretty eyes. She looked awful.

 

“I promise you’ll enjoy this, baby. Well, I need such a sugary thing to help me win this match later.”

 

Kai was about to close their gap before a hard punch landed on his handsome face. He knew this guy―the captain of his opponent team today.

 

“Are you deaf?! Don’t you hear that she didn’t want you?!” Kai swore that he saw flame on his eyes but he preferred to ignore it and smirking instead.

 

“This is none of your business Captain.” Kai growls after presenting a mocking laughter to the captain.

 

“Get lost now, or I drag you to the committee so that your school will be disqualified!” The captain glared daggers at Kai as if he could kill Kai with his glares.

 

The thought of his school has probabilities to be disqualified had terrified him. As if he didn’t feel like threatened by those words, he kept it cool. Kai managed to give the captain a disparaging look. A stain of blood on the corner of his lips made his desire to beat him in the basketball court even bigger.

 

“Okay, see you in the court. I’m gonna make you want to dig your own grave, captain.” Kai smirked devilishly. Well, making him mad like this wasn’t a good idea. Kai was one of men with the most expensive dignity. If his pride got hurt, he will find thousand ways to get his dignity back.

 

“Try me.” The captain was confident enough to win this match.

 

Soon, as Kai disappeared from their eyesight, he turned his face looking at the girl. He eyed her from head to toe in different ways, not like Kai did earlier. She straightened her body, clearing bravely, “Thanks.”

 

“…” He simply nodded. Her uniform made him recognize that she was the cheerleader team from Easton. Awkward situation invaded in between them.

 

The opponent team came from Easton High School―where the captain was dangerously putting up his pride in to basketball that he didn’t accept any excuses when they lose. Kai was famous of his charm because of his beast personality. You know that kind of handsome, snobby, rich guy? They were mostly playboy but oddly, girls were lining up to be his mistress. But yeah, he was just a boy. Boys will be boys, right?

 

Her pulse was amazingly irregular as their eyes met. She flinched at the awkwardness they created, “Uhm, let me know if there’s something I can do to repay your kindness.”

 

“…”

 

“I’m Soojung, by the way.” She shrugged her shoulder, with a hasty smile plastered on her thin lips.  

 

“I think I’ve heard him calling you with something sounds like, Krys?” The captain frowned, trying to recall what his brain had saved before.

 

Soojung gave him that smile, a soft one, “Forget it, I don’t like that name again. Thanks, once again.” With that, she left him dumbfounded.

 

And he was more than intrigued.

 

***

 

The match ended up pathetically for him and not for Kai. Woodfords lose over Easton only by one score. Kai draw a dismissive smile on his lips and it succeeded to boil up his blood. Easton called his team a losers and it was more than enough to make him blaming himself. His body soaked of sweats after match and anger made it even worse. He could see Kai walked towards him with his team, a ritual after the match―hugging a shoulder slightly just to show the world that they played fair.   

 

“See? I told you, right?” Kai muttered under his breath.

 

“It’s okay, I saved her at least.” He chuckled.

 

“I don’t care about her.” Kai smirked, “You must be wanted to dig your own grave now. The host of the year is a loser.” Kai patted his shoulder lightly.

 

“Don’t worry. We’ll still have a match next month and I’ll make sure, I beat you up.” He worded firmly as if he uttered a promise―A dangerous promise.

 

“We’ll see.” Kai was about to turn his body when Woodfords captain called his name.

 

“Kai.”

 

“What?”

 

“Congratulations.”

 

He earned Kai’s typical smirk and with that, Easton’ Team walked out of the court and they were busy to do fan services just like a celebrity did when they meet their idols.

 

His fists balled as he held the urge to release his anger. He walked down the hallway with the basketball in his arm and went back to the school’s backyard―the props room.   

  

‘***

 

Soojung put her eyes on him since the beginning of the match. Even though she was cheering for her school, actually she wanted to cheer him up―him, a boy who saved her from the beast. Well, she was too dumb as she recalled what she did after that boy save her. Of course, she forgot to ask his name. But it didn’t matter since his uniform printed his name on his back.

 

“Soojung-ah, let’s go to Kai, he’s our hero today by the way.” Sulli said with excitement that her voice made Soojung went back to the reality.

 

“You go first, Ssul.” Her eyes were still fixed on him who was spreading his dark aura out of his body because of anger and disappointment because his team had lost.

 

“Okay, let’s go girls.” Sulli took her cheerleader team approaching the hero of the day, and the cheers were squealing like crazy when they got a slight hug from the hero.

 

Ugh!

 

And when his eyes caught her off guard, she gave him an awkward smile―the best thing she had to comfort him, unknowingly. But the latter could only give her a short nod, correct it, a short grateful nod before he left the court. People were moving randomly, up his existence away. She lost him in her eyesight. Sighed.

 

Soojung sighed in confusion. Why his inexistence makes her sad out of the blue? As if she could feel his feelings, her heart started commanding her brain to look for him, and comfort him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter