Love Log

Love Log

Nana:

I am not like any other girls who will just sit around and wait for their love to come. I do my part. I may appear aggressive or even a flirt but if I like someone, I will definitely give it a try. Not because I know I'm pretty, but because I know that at least I've tried. I don't dwell in 'what ifs' especially when it comes to love.

What started as a joke for the show, my bickering and hitting on Jonghyun has probably grown on a deeper level. I don't know when and how, but I knew that I was already starting to like him. The man is a tough one to crack, he has this cold personality on the outside that makes it hard for people to approach him. And the fact that he only has a few close female friends isn't helping. Thankfully, what seems to be my 'annoying & flirty' type of personality for some people, managed to warm the ice prince Jonghyun's heart.

In just two months of filming the program, we became good friends. But it didn't end on just becoming good friends, behind his cold front and an-oppa-who-thinks-I'm-weird-and-most-of-the-time-just-ignores-me image, is a warm hearted Jonghyun who takes care of me, and always has his eyes on me. The Jonghyun that will act as if he's annoyed at me but still laugh at my lame jokes, the Jonghyun that no matter how manly he appears to be, can still shower me with his embarrassing aegyo overload, the Jonghyun that is willing to do everything for me if I told him to. The Jonghyun that I never expected that I will fall for.

Not wanting to deal with regrets and what ifs in the future, I started to confess... embarrassing but I have to...because time may slip, and a love may be lost...

"Oppa"

"Why?"

"There's something I have to tell you."

"What? Please, not some weird stuff again."

"Weird stuff?!!!!"

"Like the things you say on broadcast! I miss you, My love Hong Jonghyun, that sort of weird stuff. Haha! But seriously, what is it?"

"I like you. Straight to the point. There, I said it. I like you."

"Im Nana. Wake up! You're really being weird right now. That's a funny one. Nice joke."

"I like you! But if that is just so weird to you then fine. I don't like you anymore!"

"Hahaha! Eyyy, is our Jinah sulking right now?"

"Nope. Shut up, just...I have to go. Bye!"

That's it. It's all a joke for him. He never really takes me seriously. Why did I even try? Why did I even expect? Of course. He is Hong Jonghyun. I should've seen it coming.

Everything went well in our filming, although I've kept my distance from him, he doesn't even seem to notice it and doesn't seem to care. Well, that hurts. Thank god for Minho, for keeping things happy and normal on set. On set, the three of us remains the same. Minho, acts oblivious to everything. I know that he knows what I'm going through but I know he is just giving me space and respect by acting like nothing happened.

But Jonghyun, Jong, is he really that blind? Why is he so oblivious to his surroundings? To me? But we all can't let it show on screen... I laugh at his jokes, he laughs at mine... My heart's breaking, it seems like he doesn't mind...


Jonghyun:

Jinah, just what do I do with you? First, you came in to the set all bright and happy. With your annoying voice and clingy personality, you kept the filming fun and enjoyable. You're annoying, yes. But you are also annoyingly cute and lovable. You tell me things I'm not used to hear, "Oppa, I miss you." "Hong Jonghyun, my love." but those words were comfortable to hear.

You cling onto me, like a mad girl. An aggressive and straightforward one. Some would tell me to stay away from you, that you're just trying to flirt with me. But that's what makes me want to stay with you, to prove all of them wrong. Your exterior that is usually judged, biased judgments that covers up the beauty of your interior. You're used to people constantly judging you, and you sometimes end up just going along with everything that they say. Little do they know, that deep inside, their words cut through you. You keep on hurting inside, that you just end up faking your smile.

That annoying bright and sunny Nana that I first met, is annoyingly constantly running through my mind. Jinah, what did you do to me? Like the mad girl that you are, I think I'm also going mad for you, believe it or not.

But then there are limits to everything. I don't want to take advantage of you and this beautiful friendship that we've built. You know all along that I rarely trust and make friends with females even if I've worked with them for months and years. You're an idol, I'm an actor. In this scary world of show business, real friends are hard to meet, even harder to keep. So what we have now, let's just keep it the way it is.

 

Article: Model-Actor Hong Jong Hyun to join We Got Married.

Article: Girl's Day Yura in talks for We Got Married.

Article: We Got Married introduces new couple "Hong Jonghyun & Kim Yura"

 

Article: After School Nana Tells Us About Liking Someone On the recent episode of Roommate, the After School member reveals that when it comes to liking someone, she is the type to tell the guy upfront about her feelings but if the guy doesn't like her back, that's it. She won't push for it anymore. Is the After School member dating someone right now?

Nana:

So this is it? Friends. That's all we will ever be. You'd be one of my male friends and I'll have the honor to be one of your female friends. For you, I'll be contented. For you, I will be your friend. For you, I will be your listening ear. For you, I will be your food buddy. For you, I will keep you company. For you, I will be your number 1 fan. For you, I will stay by your side. And again, for you... I will be your friend.

Let's pretend I didn't tell you I liked you. Let us both think that it was just a joke, from your ever funny bright and annoying friend, Im Jinah. Let's pretend that were back to square one. Hi. I'm Im Jinah, and I'll be your friend.


Jonghyun:

Now were back to square one, but is it the same? We're back to our old ways, we eat together, we drive for a while, we try to learn new hobbies, and we spend good times with our friends. Everything's fine, everything's perfect, it's just that sometimes, I look at your face and I wish you were mine. But I've already made a choice, I'll be your friend. 

Article: Hong Jonghyun was asked point blank to choose between Nana and Yura, hesitant

Jonghyun:

Hyung! Why did you do that? I was caught off guard by your question. Please don't do that again.

Seokcheon:

Jonghyun-ah, this hyung cares a lot about you. You know that right? I'm always here to make you good food and offer you company but it bothers me to see you like that. Your hesitation was a clear answer that you like Nana, you keep on denying it but it shows! Do you think you're such a good actor to be able to pretend in front of me? Of your friends? In front of Nana? The girl is hurting too.You're "some", but every girl wants and needs clarification, "some" may be fun, but sooner or later, one will get tired of waiting and guessing.

And also, I know that this is just your work, but please look after your wife in this show too. She's been working really hard, and I hope you could do the same. She's your partner in this, you should trust her and be more open to her. This is not a drama, it's different. I know she'll understand. And please, please, be honest with yourself. Whatever you choose to do, please be honest with yourself first. I'm gay, I should know how a girl feels and I should know what the guy should do. *winks*


 *ding dong*

Manager:

Nana-yah, you have a package. I'll bring it to your dorm later.


"Oh? What is this?"

Nana thought it was a gift from a fan and was very excited to open it.

A familiar photo greeted her when she opened the box, it was a photo of her, Minho and Jonghyun when they first had a meeting for Stye Log.

She thought a Style Log fan made the scrapbook for her since the first few pages were screencaps and photos taken during Style Log, but she was starting to get teary eyed when she saw the next pages.

It was a photo of her and Jonghyun when they tried a new pizza place near his place, a photo of the Seoul night skyline when they went out for a bike, a photo of Nana lying on the snow because she kept on falling when they went to ski, a photo of Jonghyun wearing bunny ears, a photo of Nana sleeping in the gym, a photo with Jonghyun and his flower arrangement, a photo of Nana climbing Mt. Halla, a photo of Jonghyun posing for the camera wearing Nana's sushi headdress, and a whole lot more... Nana couldn't help her tears from flowing, those photos made her remember the memories that they've shared together...

Now, she's already got an idea, this isn't from a fan... it's from someone she fondly calls as her "friend"

The next page was a list...

  • wind surfing
  • paragliding
  • skydive
  • sand surf
  • visit Machu Picchu
  • join a triathlon
  • tea brewing
  • latte art
  • tango lessons
  • bake cupcakes
  • Etc...

it was a list of the things that they wanted to do and try, and slowly... they are already crossing the items together...

Nana let out a laugh and a cough when she saw the next page,

  • it was a wacky photo of Minho, and a letter that says "Jonghyun forced me to do this, he said he would let me play with you two if I did this. I miss you two, let's go drink and dance!"
  • and a photo of a pouting Lizzy, "I don't know why I'm doing this, *side eyes someone* but I have to tell you that you are one lucky girl, you have him, and you have me. Ha ha ha"
  • then comes a photo of Jonghyun's designer noona "It's nice to see that he's taking care of you now. Nana-yah, call me anytime. Ok?"
  • Hong seok cheon's photo came in like a wrecking ball "I usually hate pretty girls near my boys but you are an exception, not because you ain't pretty, but because I know how much one boy truly cares for you. And girl, take note that I am on your side. Girl power!"

But Nana couldn't help but laugh out loud when she saw that the next page was filled with photos of Woobin, Soohyuk, Sungjoon, and Youngkwang doing creepy, cringeworthy, makes-you-want-to-throw-up aegyo with captions like:

  • Woobin: "top star woobin was asked to do aegyo just for you, you must be really special. top star woobin will always be here for you. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ"
  • Soo hyuk: "I do aegyo better than him right? *buing buing* kidding aside, don't worry, I'll look after him for you."
  • Sungjoon: "I hope you know that this is too embarrassing. Please don't show this to anyone else, even to your members. It's embarrassing enough. Promise me that. And tell me if he's bothering you, we will set him straight."
  • Youngkwang: "yaaaaah! What did you do to this guy? Why is he making all of us do this! Call me if you want to talk about him. But really, I'm more handsome than him, just saying."

Nana smiled, as she thinks about how she became friends with them and how she's really grateful that one friendship led to another and another and another... and it goes on and on... she didn't just met a good friend, she gained a family.

The next page was a photo of Jonghyun's dog, wearing the collar Nana bought for her dog and Jonghyun's. Oh how she missed that little cutie, the dog is currently staying with Jonghyun's friend, while he is filming a drama. /Dogs were one of their similarities that made them closer./

And last page is a photo of aegyo-filled Jonghyun that he took before to send to Nana who was promoting overseas.

The photo has been Jonghyun's ID photo in Nana's phone ever since. There was a pressed dried flower on that page too, it was from the first flower arrangement that Jonghyun made when Nana forced him to attend a flower arrangement workshop to relieve stress.

And a letter that was neatly folded,

"Dear Nana, it's awkward right?

Doing things such as this, but I wanted to give it a try. And I had to force some people to help me (but they gladly did!), so I'm hoping that you appreciate all the thought and effort that was put into making this.

This is so cheesy for me, even writing this letter to you is weird but hey I said I wanted to give it a try right?

Making this brought me back to memory lane, it was such a short time but I feel like I've known you for the past ten years of my life. Less than a year, but I feel like it has already been a lifetime. We've done so much together, have you realized that? Pretty cool right?

Anyway, this letter is getting long. I'll get to the point.

Dear Im Jinah,

First of all, I'd like to thank you.

Thank you for keeping up with me, thank you for never giving up, thank you for choosing to be my friend, thank you for never turning your back.

Second, I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for acting oblivious, I'm sorry for being such a jerk, I'm sorry for giving you doubts, I'm sorry for not being honest, I'm sorry for everything that have caused you pain.

Third, I love you.

And I hope you know that. I have loved you ever since, and god knows how much I struggled to keep that inside.

I never wanted to take advantage of our friendship, and I never wanted to jeopardize our work, but I also never ever wanted to bring you pain.

It was selfish of me to turn you down when you were willing to risk everything, it was selfish of me to ask you to keep staying by my side as a friend, it was selfish of me to keep on wanting to hold onto you, and never letting you go.

It is selfish of me to tell you I love you for the first time with just this letter, and it is also selfish of me that I know that you will be even more confused right now.

To be honest, time is really not on our side. This virtual marriage, is a job that I should be responsible of, it is also a job that I have to take this seriously until it ends.

So please, let me be selfish again and ask you... Nana-yah, Im Jinah... I'm asking you, will you wait for me?

And to complete my selfishness, Will you promise me, that you will wait for me? And when the time comes, that I will no longer be entangled and I'm free... when our jobs can no longer dictate our personal lives... by then... can I call you mine? And I promise you, I will be completely yours, and yours alone."