Chapter 1

Paper Angels I - The Sunrise
 

- i -  

 

"Wasn't he a little too full of himself?"          

WWWWWWW"What the hell are you doing there?"


Great. As if it hadn't been enough that your former sagnificant other had shown the mercy to throw your newly-bought purse into a fountain in the middle of the market place, hundreds of people looking at you as you crid and begged him to stay- now the next male idiot found his way to your side.

"Can't you see? I'm folding paper angels." You answered in a snarky tone, hoping this would put him off so that he'd just leave you alone.

"Shoeless, in the middle of a fountain filled with icy water? Looks fun, may I join you?" Sighing loudly, you turned around, only to see that he didn't look affected at all. Looking at the way his lips were curving up into that idiotic grin, his stupid eyes glistening as the tree lights reflected in them, and his short dark brown hair couldn't have looked more perfect.

You were about to snarl at him again, to launch all of your frustration and pain at this poor young man who had got the nerves to annoy you on this already perfectly ruined Christmas Eve, when he stopped you with one swift motion of his- he galantly moved forward, one foot on the edge of the fountain now, and grabbed your hand, pulling you out of the icy water as he leaned back again.

"Jokes aside, I can't let a girl do such a thing in the middle of the night. Here, put on your shoes, I'll go and get whatever you were looking for." Astonished, you blinked at him twice, watching the way he sat you down on the fountain's edge and even decided to put on your socks and shoes for you -he had noticed how cold and stiff your fingers where earlier-, only to get rid of the clothing of his own feet and pull up the legs of his skinny jeans.

"Who told you how to handle girls if I may ask?" Obviously, you were still wondering about the gentleness and care he had touched and treated you with all of a sudden.

"My grandma did." He grinned at you again -and despite all of the sadness and ache in your chest, you still felt your heart growing warm at the sight- before taking out his cellphone and switching on the assistant light, now carefully walking around in the fountain, watching out for each tiny thing that could have been your belonging...  and you surpressed a small smile at the way you could practically see realization hitting him. "By the way... you where looking for what again?"

"My purse. It's brown, just like my bag-" you showed him the said item "-and there's a strap in the form of a-"

"-a cat attached to it?" He proudly walked over to you, waving your completely soaked purse in his hands as he switched of his phone's light and put it back into his pocket.

"Yes." The moment you saw the tiny strap dangling from the purse's zipper, everything else seemed forgotten, and your still puffy eyes turned into half moons as you reached for it- and he casually drew back his hand, still holding the purse.

"Did you think I'd give it to you for free?"

You blinked at him, still surprised at his sudden coy act, when realization hit you. "O-oh, if you want money or anything, I can give you some, I'm so thankfu-"

"Why should I crave for money when I would rather spend Christmas Eve with you?" He pulled up his eyebrows a little, giving you a suggestive look. "I mean, we could go that small café over there or maybe watch a movie at the theatres or... you know."

You laughed at that, tilting your head as you gave him a questioning look in return. "Are you asking me out? You really want to go on a date with me the evening I was dumped?"

"Who said anything about this being a date? I just don't want two good-looking people to spend Christmas Eve on their own." Regardless of his words, you still saw his ears turn red when he handed you your purse and then offered you his hand to hold. "Besides, it's never too early to make new acquaintances."

"Two... good-looking people...?" Wasn't he a little too full of himself?

"You should look into a mirror once in a while. Your boyfriend must be pretty dumb for ditching a gorgeous creature like you- By the way, Kim Jongdae's the name."

"Of what?"

Seeing your barely interested face, his own brightness fell, before he realized you had just played with him, as you tried hard to stop your lips from turning into a grin. "I'm Kim Jongdae, you fool. Watch out, you'll refrain from making fun of me in the future!" , only to show you his idiotic smile again and finally start dragging you towards the cinema.

 

 

Years later you'd have to admit that this "idiotic" smile had been the only thing saving you from drowning in self-pity and probably jumping down from your school's roof.

author's notes

yOOHOO, This is rori again! (Yeah, with another new story.)

I thought about this story Ever since "MIRACLES IN DECEMBER" WAS RELEASED, and it went through various changes (in the meantime it had about five different male protagonists lol), yet Someday it hit me and I started writing with chen in my mind, so here he is, saving you from your nightmare on christmas.

this is my first oneshot-like storY. I hope you liked it! ;m;