(1)

I'm In Love With My Best Friend

  “Kibum hyung?”

No answer.

Kibum hyung?”

No answer.

KEY HYUNG!”

Kibum came sprinting into 16 year old Taemin's room, a worried look plastered on his face. When he saw Taemin sat in the middle of his bed, his phone in hand, his face eased a little at no sign of pain on Taemin's face. What he did then notice, however, was the tear stains tainting his cheeks and making the makeup from their earlier schedule run down his face. His worried look washed over him again and he sat at the end of the bed and enveloped the younger in a hug.

What's wrong, Taeminnie?”

I'm scared, hyung.”

Of what?”

Well...” Taemins voice trailed off as he released himself from Kibum's hold and sat cross-legged on the bed once again, his hands in his lap and his eyes focusing on the twirling of his fingers.

Well?”

I think I'm in love, hyung. And I'm afraid.”

 

 

- PRESENT DAY -

 

Taemin's crush never went away. In fact, it got worse as the years went by. Having to see them nearly every day at work killed him. It killed him that he could never confess. That he didn't have the courage, because oh my god what if they reject me?Those thoughts haunted him every night. Only Kibum knew, he told no one else of his major crush. He couldn't do. He had no courage.

 

He lied awake at 12am, images of them going through his head. He groaned into his pillow in frustration before changing into suitable clothing, throwing a beanie on over his messy blond bed hair and quitely sneaking out of the SHINee dorm, being careful not to wake the others who had late schedules like he did. As soon as he was out of the dorm, he decided to go to the dance studio to clear his mind. Dance always cleared his mind.

 

He arrived at the door of the dance studio, frowning when he saw the lights on already. Is someone else already here? Curiousity got the best of him and he slowly opened the door and walking in, and he saw the person who was already there.

Them.

You've got to be kidding me.

Taemin!”

Oh, it's you.”

Hey! That's a rude thing to say to your best friend!” Jongin smiled, his eyes forming crescent moons as Taemin looked away. God that's cute.

I'm ever so sorry. Good early morning, King Kai of EXO, the hottest boy band in Asia.” Taemin teased, and Jongin frowned before lighly punching his best friend in the arm and pulling him to the corner to sit down. Jongin sat next to him (far too close for Taemin's liking) and put his arm around his shoulders, Taemin shivering at the contact.

It's been ages since I've seen you. It's like you're avoiding me!” Jongin laughed.

Uhm, I, what, no I haven't been avoiding you! I'm just, uh, busy, yeah, busy.” Taemin found it difficult to form sentences when his long term crush was uncomfortable close to him.

So how have you been? I watched the music video to Your Number last night, you looked good!” Oh my god oh my god, Taemin thought.

I, uhm, uh, thanks!”

Are you okay? You seem on edge.”

No, no! I'm just tired, you know what I'm like.”

Then why are you here if you're tired?” Jongin dropped his arm, and instead rested it around Taemin's waist. His shirt lifted up a bit, causing Jongin's fingers to lightly brush against his skin. Taemin felt it, and stood abruptly, pushing Jongin away from him and immediately ran from the building. He ran for a while in the streets before sitting on a bench in the park, his face buried in his hands. I can't believe I just did that. Way to go at being subtle, Taemin.

 

Jongin, on the other hand, sat confused in the dance studio. What is wrong with him?

 

 

 

Taemin heard footsteps approaching the bench, and Taemin looked up with tears glistening in his eyes to see Jongin walking towards him. Taemin stands up and tries to back away, but ends up backing into a wall.

What's wrong, hyung?” Jongin asked, again dangerously close.

N-nothing. You can go back, I'm fine.”

You're crying.”

No I'm not.”

Yes you are.” Jongin reaches out to wipe the tears away, but Taemin slaps his hand out of his face and tries to move away, but fails.

Is it about me? Did I do something wrong?”

I'm trying to get over you but you keep making me fail!” Taemin finally said it. Jongin's eyes widened in shock.

...what?”

It's been 6 ing years and I can't get over you. I try and forget. I try to look at other women to find someone else, but I can't ing do it.”

What are you trying to say, hyung?”

I'm in love with my straight best friend and it's ruining m-” Taemin was cut off by a pair of lips crashing into his own. Jongin is kissing me. Taemin doesn't cooperate for a while due to his shock, but he starts to get his bearings back and kisses back, full of the love he has felt for years. Their lips moved perfectly together, their tongues danced love filled numbers. However, it was short lived as Jongin pulled back, resting his forehead against Taemin's sweaty one.

Hyung?”

Uh, yeah?”

I think I'm in love with my best friend too.”

 


 

(A/N) This is so short ajwjioajsiowjdnnc

Again, i know this is badly written but i needed to let some feels out. 

Didn't work.