First meeting

Undercover

To say that Hoseok was bored out of his mind was an understatement. As he was sitting alone in the big office, he concluded that he probably should be afraid that he made the chief angry (yet again), but the bored part of his brain just couldn´t let the anxious part take over. Hoseok watched how the clock made it known, that another minute had ended and just like that, another sigh escaped him.

He had a vague idea of what the chief could be telling him, but he wasn´t sure yet. All he knew was that, somehow, the officers Cha Hakyeon, Yook Sungjae and Kim Namjoon were also involved.

Apparently they already had had their talk with the chief.

Just as another sigh made its way past his lips, he was startled by a Voice behind him “Well, good to know that you found the way in my office, Jung Hoseok”

The statement was followed by a Yawn.

Hoseok watched how his chief, Min Yoongi, let himself fall into his chair while stretching his arms above his head.  

Silence fell over the two of them and after a few minutes Hoseok decided to speak up (as it was clear that Yoongi wouldn´t be the one to do it) and said “Well, Chief, why am I here?”

Yoongi only blinked at him and then answered “Oh, so you don´t like this job? Or why are you asking me that?”

He suppressed the need to roll his eyes and said “You know what I mean”

Yoongi chuckled before he decided to finally give information to the person on the other side “Ok, Ok. I´m going to tell you. You have a new assignment-“

Hoseok couldn´t help the a bit TOO loud `finally` which left his mouth, but Yoongi continued as if he hadn´t heard anything anyway “You know about this Drug Ring which recently began to make Problems?”

Hoseok´s answer of “Yes, of course!” was underlined with him enthusiastically nodding.

Yoongi continued. “Well, our sources say that one of the leaders is at Big Hit High School. You and two of your colleagues will go Undercover as students. Each one of you will have to observe someone that could deliver proofs. Unknowingly, of course. But before I give you your target and all the information, I would like to know if you take the assignment. Even if I don´t think that I have to ask. “

Once more, Hoseok nodded full of glee. He couldn´t believe it – finally! He couldn´t even remember his last undercover mission.

He gladly accepted the information about the student he was going to observe, practically glowing with excitement, as he then left the room, already beginning to read.

Name: Kim Taehyung

Age: 17

His grades are not the best. Has a bit trouble socializing although he´s very open and can be very loud sometimes.

That was all the information he received, with a photo of said Kim Taehyung.

Actually, he found that the boy looked a bit younger than his real age. He had bright orange hair and brown eyes. To Hoseok he even looked fairly good.

A smile crept its way onto Hoseok’s face. This Mission would surely bring excitement.

___

Yook Sungjae and Cha Hakyeon had similar feelings of excitement. Not only could they stop with their boring routines, but they also could get a promotion if they managed to take down the Drug ring leader.

A week had gone by since all three of them were told about their mission, and today was the day it should begin.

The two of them were (not so) patiently waiting for the third one, Jung Hoseok to arrive so that they finally could get started.

While they were waiting, Hakyeon decided to look a last time over the information of his target, just to make sure he remembered everything right.

Name: Jung Taekwoon

Age: 18

He is a very good student with exceptional grades. He isn´t very good in socializing and mostly keeps to himself. Very quiet.

Hakyeon couldn´t deny that it seemed like Taekwoon was his opposite. But that just made it all the more interesting. He could already feel how he began to like this person.

Sungjae didn´t need to look the information over once more. To him, everything was imprinted in his mind. The boy he was going to observe actually sounded quite nice to him. He easily reminded himself of the facts that he read

Name: Jung Ilhoon

Age: 17

His grades are average. Has no trouble socializing with others, but doesn´t do it much.

 

Suddenly the content silence in which the two of them were was destroyed by a loud voice yelling “Hey! Sorry I´m late. I overslept a bit”

And with that, finally, also the third member arrived.

They made their way to the school and split up, because they didn´t want anyone to guess a connection between the three of them. And yeah, three new students knowing each other really well would be a bit suspicious.

____

Hoseok was standing in front of the school, hoping that his target – Kim Taehyung – would also be a bit late so that he could quickly meet him.

The faster he would find him, the better.

His thoughts still swimming around in his head about how he should start a conversation with Taehyung, he didn´t notice how a boy with orange hair ran in his direction, until suddenly said boy crushed into him.

Literally.   

Hoseok stumbled a bit, but he managed to hold himself up. The other person was not so lucky.

Still a bit startled, Hoseok finally looked to the ground where the person who just crashed into him had landed.

As he saw the bright orange hair and the somewhat familiar face, Hoseok had to suppress a smile.

“Hey, are you okay?” he asked, while looking at Kim Taehyung.

The boy looked up, a smile on his face as he nodded. Quickly, Hoseok stretched out his hand to help the younger one up and the boy gratefully took it.

Before Hoseok could ask for Taehyung´s name (again, it would be a bit suspicious if he already knew it) the boy had begun to speak

“Sorry for crashing into you – I´m Kim Taehyung! Well, you see, I was a bit late and I think the Teacher hates me already, but that doesn´t mean I have to give him a reason more to hate me, now does it? Oh and are you new here? I didn´t see you here before. Well, not that I know everyone that goes to school here, but it could be a possibility. Oh, and what´s your name?”

For a moment, Hoseok could only stare at Taehyung. The words of the boy had come out at a speed he wouldn´t have deemed possible and he needed a little bit to process it.

As his mind had finally caught up with Taehyung´s question for his name, he cleared his throat before he answered

“Uhm, yes, I´m new here. My name´s Hoseok. Hey, could you maybe show me where my classroom is?”

Hoseok, of course, knew that he would be in one class with Taehyung, just like Hakyeon would be with Leo and Sungjae with Ilhoon.

He showed the other his timetable and saw Taehyung´s eyes widen with excitement.

“Hey! You have the same classes as me! Just follow me, I´ll show you around!”

Well, the report hadn´t lied. Taehyung was loud.

Nonetheless, he liked the enthusiastic boy.

As he followed the still speaking Taehyung, Hoseok found himself wondering how his two colleagues were doing.

______

Cha Hakyeon was currently in the cafeteria, as his first lesson fell out. He hoped that his target, Jung Taekwoon, would also be here already.

As if the thought alone could make a wish come true, he finally spotted the Peron he was told to observe.

Jung Taekwoon was sitting alone at one of the many desks, reading a book.

This was his chance.

He made his way to Taekwoon and when he finally stood in front of him, Hakyeon cleared his throat in an attempt to make the other boy look up.

Well, the attempt obviously failed.

But Hakyeon didn´t let something as trivial as that discourage him, in fact, it even encouraged him. (Still, a reply would have been nice)

“Hi! I´m new here, my name is Hakyeon! I Don´t have classes in the moment, but someone told me you would be in my class and so I was wondering if you maybe could show me around? I´d reeeeaally appreciate your help!”

Again, no answer. Taekwoon hadn´t even looked up from his book.

Preparing for another speech he could give, he suddenly was interrupted by a Voice, saying

“Just follow me. I´ll show you around later. But now I am reading”

Startled, it took a moment for Hakyeon to realize that he had (somewhat) succeeded.

But as the realization hit, a smile grew on his face and he sat himself opposite Taekwoon, content with just waiting for the moment.

Still, he couldn´t help his growing excitement as Taekwoon added

“My name is Jung Taekwoon.”

 

____

Sungjae was beginning to feel frustrated – he couldn´t even get a glimpse of Jung Ilhoon yet!  

At the moment he was walking along the long halls of the school, hoping to find his target but without much enthusiasm.

Because, well, the enthusiasm had disappeared exactly 15 minutes ago.

He let out an annoyed growl, which caused a few students to look at him but at the moment he really didn´t care.

He almost decided to quit it for today and maybe search tomorrow, or to ask Hakyeon or Hoseok if they could help him (maybe they were just as unlucky as he was?) but then a louder noise caught his attention.

And as he turned around to find the source of the noise, he concluded that his unlucky streak was over.

He also concluded that maybe the boys´ had just begun.

Because there was Jung Ilhoon, kneeling on the floor to collect all the books that had fallen out of his bag.

Sungjae immediately knew what he had to do.

He walked over to his target and helped picking up the books. He could feel Ilhoon shooting him a questioning glance, but he decided to ignore it.

When the two boys finally were standing again, Sungjae began to introduce himself.

“Hi, I am Sungjae! And you seem to have a run of bad luck!”

Just because he was undercover, didn´t mean he couldn´t be blunt.

One corner of Ilhoon´s mouth twitched slightly upwards as he replied

“Yeah, today just isn´t my day. Uhm, do I know you?”

“No. I´m new here. So... What´s your name?”

“Um, my name is Ilhoon. Sungjae, right?”

Sungjae´s enthusiasm was definitely back.

“Ah, so you´re Ilhoon? A teacher told me to look for you because we have the same classes and you have to show me around!” Well, it was the best excuse that he could come up with.

Ilhoon seemed a bit startled, but that could be because Sungjae got louder per second (and also closer).

After he hesitated for a bit, Ilhoon said “Well, ok. We have Math next. Just follow me.”

Sungjae happily did so.

_____

Kim Namjoon wanted to hit something. Really badly.

His day just kept getting worse by every second.

He surely wouldn´t have thought that this simple Undercover mission could make him so frustrated.

Yeah, if he would´ve known that, he surely wouldn´t have agreed to this assignment.

Namjoon sat opposite of his chief, Min Yoongi, not knowing what he should expect.

He cleared his throat before asking

“Well? Why did you call me in your office?”

“Isn´t it obvious?” said chief asked, slightly rolling his eyes. “I have a new assignment. An Undercover mission.”

Yoongi looked at Namjoon, waiting for a sign that the latter was paying attention before he continued

“You will have to go undercover in the Big Hit University, to observe one Kim Seokjin. You will exchange information with three other officers, Jung Hoseok, Cha Hakyeon and Yook Sungjae. The three of them will be undercover in the Big Hit High School, but you have basically the same case. As I said, you will have to observe a person named Kim Seokjin. He´s the older Brother of Kim Taehyung and Taehyung seems to be connected with a Drug ling reader, even if it´s not certain yet. And? Will you take the Assignment?”

Well, it didn´t sound that difficult, so he just said “Yes, of course”

With that, Yoongi gave him a file with information about Kim Seokjin.

After Namjoon had left the office, he began silently reading over the information.

Name: Kim Seokjin

Age: 22

Is very polite and friendly with everyone. His grades are above average. Helps out at a Restaurant as cook.

Well, that mission would go easy as pie.

But now, as Namjoon was standing in front of the University, he cursed himself for his own stupidity.

Easy as pie, yeah right, as if.

For all his cleverness, he surely was the dumbest person on earth sometimes.

Namjoon was running late that morning, but as he saw that he forgot his fake student ID he thought nothing of it, deeming it unnecessary. He was sure that the Principal would recognize him from a photo that Yoongi would have given him.

But

This was an undercover mission. Undercover. Undercover.

So, of course, the principal didn´t know of him.

Let´s just say that that talk didn´t go quite so well.

But that he was thrown out by two big guys who were `friendly’ leading him out of the building was enough evidence, wasn´t it?

And now he was standing outside with no chance or idea how to come inside.

Just. Great. (Can you hear the sarcasm?)

Namjoon was too caught up with silently muttering curses under his breath, that he didn´t notice how a person was coming nearer and so he was startled as suddenly a Voice said

“Trouble getting inside?”

Quickly turning around, Namjoon was met with the sight of non-other than Kim Seokjin, his target.

Somewhat dumbfounded that Seokjin started a conversation with him and not the other way around, he simply nodded before saying

“Yes. Well you see, I forgot my student ID and the Principal Wouldn´t believe me that I go to school here.”

Namjoon was surprised once again, when Seokjin suddenly started to quietly giggle. (Even though he found himself liking that usually annoying sound)

After the giggling had ended, Seokjin continued to smile at him.

“My name´s Kim Seokjin, but just call me Jin. You know, just follow me. I´ll say you´re my Cousin or something like that. But you really should remember taking the ID with you”

Namjoon´s reply of “Oh, thank you. My name´s Namjoon, by the way” was met with another smile from Jin.

As Namjoon followed his target inside the University he couldn´t help but think that maybe this mission really could be as easy as pie.  

_____________________________________________________

Well, yeah, that was the first chapter. I hope you aren´t too

dissappointed. English isn´t my first Language and I´m

not the best writer out there. I still hope you could somewhat enjoy

it :)