「 updates & faq. 」

「vinyl rec : nineteen-eighty-five 」: apply closed | reviewing apps
updates
 
[ 3 / 11 / 2015 - 1 ] :  For anyone that is wary about the 80's elements in this fic, you do not need to know a lot about the 80's. The most you'll need to know is some of the fashion and musicians/groups of that time, both of which can easily be found on the internet. however, for the rest of the application, you should be good at not needing to know much else about that time period. For the story, there will be some 80's influences, but for historical events/musicians/groups, I will be giving some background on those aspects so everyone can understand what is going on. I know many of you probably do not know much about the 80's and i'm sure some are even wondering why one would use such a time period for a fic, but since the 80's is filled with some great pop culture gems and is a time period that has some of my favorite jams, i thought it would be fitting. Plus, I thought it would be a little bit different to go with an AU like this. And as an added bonus, I thought it would be interesting to have the story take place in Chicago instead of korea. I know that isn't done very often in the applyfic scene, but i wanted to open it up so people could use whatever face claims that they wanted and have it make more sense to have non-Asian faceclaims within the story. And since Chicago is literally a melting pot of cultures and has some really great history to it (and I may be a little bit biased there since it's my hometown, but that's beside the point.), i thought it would be cool to have the story take place there. but anyway, i do hope people apply to this fic because i do have quite a few ideas and will have a lot of fun writing this. 
 
[ 3 / 11 / 2015 - 2 ] :  There are now a total of 6 plotlines, 1 of which is still a free plotline for those that have their own plotline in mind. 
 
[ 3 / 12 / 2015 ] :  THERE is now an example app up. it's a wip though, so there is some stuff missing that i will be filling in as i finish it, but it does give you an example for how i want the timeline to be done and how you can fill out the style/appearance section of the application. There is also a little tidbit of information of who the store owner for reckless records is (which will be updated within the example app as I go along). The guy's name is atlas cassidy and he's 28. he's been the owner of reckless records for about 8 years. he has a bit of a nicotine addiction, but he's trying to put a stop to it... so far, he's able to get through a day or two without smoking, only to smoke half a pack afterwards before doing the cycle again. 
 
[ 3 / 15 / 2015 ] :  a mini guidebook has been created and will be updated as the story progresses. things like pop culture, historical events, and important side characters will also show up on this list as well. so hopefully this guidebook does help a few of you out, especially since it may give you guys a few ideas for your app, as well as some more background information for the story. 
 
[ 3 / 16 / 2015 ] :  once the story gets going, there will be another guidebook for the slang words that will occur throughout. so things like eat my shorts, in', and to the max will show up. As well as some possible 80's surfer and valley girl slang will be on it as well. 
 
[ 3 / 19 / 2015 ] :  reviews are up to date and the guidebook is updated, as well with some new information for you all.    
 
[ 3 / 22 / 2015 ] :  so my application is finally finshed and while i'm not completely happy with it, it's complete and does give you a bit more information about atlas, as well as hyunsoo. other than that, i'm thankful for all the support that i've received so far and how many people are actually interested in this. so i do hope to get a couple more apps soon. and remember, if you guys have any questions, please ask them. and if there is anything that you would like to see on the guidebook as well, i'll gladly add more to that to help you guys out when it comes to filling out apps and understanding the setting of this fic more. 
 
[ 3 / 31 / 2015 ] :  Reviews are up to date (and seriously, the apps that I have been given have been really good, I don't know what i'm going to do if people keep handing me apps like this, but I won't think about that until the deadline. For now, I'm thinking I might have the deadline at the end of april, but I'm still thinking about it, so nothing is set in stone there.), a second teaser is in the works (this one is more hyunsoo based than the last, but it does have atlas in it as well. it's almost finished so it should be up within this week.), and while I haven't added anything new to the guidebook, It's still sometihng that should be checked out every once in a while since I do add new things to it at least once a week or so. But other than that, I don't have anything new, except for the fact that Jongdae's literally slaying me this comeback, but that isn't anything new. Hoping to see some more apps as well. And if any of you have any questions about anything, please ask and I'll do my best to answer.
 
[ 4 / 06 / 2015 ] :  The deadline for this fic will be May 8. That gives everyone about a month to finish applications, so for those that have taken interest in this, that should be more than enough time for you guys to finish. other than that, I hope to see some more apps (maybe an app or two for the princess plotline? because as much as I'm not partial to plotlines, that one is one of my favorites (but don't worry if you don't apply to it, because it has just as much chance of being dropped if people give me better apps for other plotlines...) and maybe I'll see some poc characters in the mix as well.). (Reviews will also be updated soon, most likely they'll be up tomorrow.)
 
[ 4 / 20 / 2015 ] :  When the deadline starts coming up and you find that you still need a little more time, you can request for an extension for up to a week. So you guys will be given until May 15 to finish your app and turn it in. For those that are interested and haven't gotten an app or want to given another app, just comment below to help tell me what numbers to expect for applications. This way I know how many more apps I get and when I can tentatively narrow down results if need be. I don't want to keep you guys waiting for weeks at a time to select characters or wait for chapters for this fic, so if i have a tentative amount of apps that I have and will have received by May 5, May 12 at the latest, this will help me square quite a few things away for this fic. Links should also be working now as well. 
 
FaQ
 
[ Question ONe ] : Does my character have to have a love interest?
[ ANSWER ONE ] : No, they do not. if your character does not, then just delete the love interest section of the application. however, some plotlines make it hard to not have a love interest, so if you do decide to not have one, make sure you can fit that part in one of the plotlines or use the free plotline to do so.  
 
[ QUESTION TWO ] : Due to taking place in the 80's, will racial discrimination be written in this fic?
[ ANSWER Two ] : Yes, there will be since I do want to keep this as realistic as possible, especially with the time setting. So you will see quite a few undertones of it throughout the story, as well as scenes that will be written to show it too. other societal problems that were common in that time will also be written. however, i do hope this does not scare anyone away when it comes this fic and that many people will want to apply, some with characters from different ethnicities and racial backgrounds.  
 
[ QUESTION Three ] : Are the plotlines gender neutral?
[ ANSWER Three ] : YES and I apologize for not saying something about it earlier, so sorry about that. But yes, plotlines do not have to be based on the gender of the character alluded to in the plotline. and while i'm a little bit partial to keeping the princess plotline as is, i am open to having characters that are guys instead of girls for that plotline as well. but even with that, I am more than open to seeing what you guys can do with the plotlines or what plotlines you guys can come up with yourself with the free plotline.
 
[ QUESTION THREE ] : Can I apply multiple times?
[ ANSWER THREE ] : YES, as long as they are for different plotlines. The free plot line can be applied to multiple times as long as your plots are different. However, it would still be nice to receive apps for the other plotlines as well, especially if well written apps are recieved for them.