I Don't Have You (You're Not By My Side)

Spring

A feeling of lonliness and regret. 

That's all Sunny had. So many times, she went back to that day. She thought of things that she could have said to make her stay. To make herself more understanding. To make the others more understanding. 

At the time, she didn't think it would end this way, and even if it did, it wouldn't hurt this bad. 

But it does. Oh, does it hurt her. 

For the past twenty minutes, all Sunny has been doing is tossing and turning. But now, as she lay on her left side, it seems even that is too much effort for her. She can hear the sounds of birds singing and the sounds of tree branches swaying in the wind. There is a bump on her wall and she brings her hand up to pick at it. She wishes that she was at work so that she can occupy her mind, but she isn't supposed to be at the radio station for another 4 hours. She stops picking at the spot on the wall and buries herself deeper into the blankets. They smell of lavender and vanilla. Sunny inhaled deeply and closed her eyes. 

It literally feels like half of her is missing. The person who she cared so much for, is gone, and the chances of them ever coming back together are slim to none.

"I'm sorry, Jessica." She whispered, as a tear fell down her cheek. "I miss you."