Final.

Cool Tip of Metal

Jongin loves Kyungsoo. It's not a secret that the two are deeply in love. Spending most of their time locked away in their room, holding each other.

 

Kyungsoo is only happy with Jongin.

 

So it doesn't come as a surprise when he feels like an empty glass when Jongin leaves him, leaves him because he fell in love with another. The older male doesn't blame him, the heart is a complicated thing.

 

It doesn't come as a surprise to many who see the fresh wounds filling Kyungsoo's arms, the dark circles forming under his eyes. How his smile hasn't appeared in weeks, tells everyone that Kyungsoo is on the verge of losing himself.

 

Kyungsoo sits alone in his home, the silence at the dinner table speak a million things to him. He stares at the camera set up to film him. Weakly, weakly he smiles. “The date is March 4, 2015. The times is-” He turns his head to look at the clock hanging on the wall. He takes a moment to watch the second hand pass the 12. “The time is 12 AM.” The doe eyes male turns his attention back to the camera. “I am sad.”

 

He wasn't sure if that even sounded right, sad wasn't the word to describe the sorrow he felt.

 

No, I feel... empty.” His voice was clear within the silent house. It was like the whole building wanted to know what he had to say. “I feel like I no longer have a heart. I mean, I know it's there because I can feel it faintly beating. I know my heart is still there because without it I would be dead, right?” It's been a few minutes and really Kyungsoo doesn't know what he's doing and why he's stalling the process. Maybe he is waiting for Jongin to appear in the doorway, smile on his thin lips as he asks what Kyungsoo is doing. But he is coming before he's with someone else and they're probably asleep in each other's arms. Jongin is most likely happy without Kyungsoo in his life. Kyungsoo looks at the camera the weak smile from earlier fading, eyes turn dull and his voice soft, “Is it okay if I say I love you?” He asks but there is no one there to answer.

 

The cool tip of metal touching his temple sends shivers down his spine. But it isn't fear that engulfs him but a sense of relief. Relief that he's leaving, finally after a long battle. The kind of relief you got when you were young and the school bell rang, singling you were out of school. Free.

 

I love you.”

 

Another feeling engulfs him for a brief moment, he can't quite pin the feeling, he doesn't really have time to but it felt like tight ropes around his body were cut leaving him to feel free and a slightly secure. As if the worries of the world had left his body.

 

The gunshot echoes through the house, the walls swallow it up. The thump of the male's body is the last thing heard by the house that night besides the ticking of the clock and the soft hum of the air conditioner.

 

Late at night when the cold body of Kyungsoo is left out of the camera frame, the camera's battery dies, going off with a click. A sticky note on the table is left with the words, “I loved you.” On them, because Kyungsoo can no longer love someone when he's gone from the world.

 

The camera will never leave this house, and most likely Jongin won't even see the tape. He won't even attend the funeral because why would he attend his ex's funeral? When he no longer has any sense of attach meant to the older male.

 

Jongin said his goodbyes a long time ago.