Three

The Kyuhyun Project
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Why’re we running again?!” asked Kyuhyun a few minutes into the sprint.

 

The pair have entered downtown Seoul and the buildings are getting closer to each other. For the last fifteen minutes or five blocks or so, the black blobs were no longer following them. He noticed as the girl’s grip on his hand loosened.

 

They stopped in front of a building with a bright white sign saying ‘Yonsei Severance Hospital’.

 

“We are not running anymore. And you’re going home,” Mary announced, pointing to the hospital’s emergency entrance. An ambulance just like the ones in the accident site was parked near the door.

 

“Look, you are not supposed to die yet, Kyuhyun,” said Mary. The pair has entered the emergency room and Mary was combing through the bed partitions looking for something. “The fact that you are able to see me and talk to me means that you need to go back, okay?”

 

Kyuhyun followed the girl as she walked over the entire ER floor. As interesting as the night has been getting, he still can’t decide if it is all just a dream or if death has really succumbed him. But if the latter is true, he would just need to go back. If he wants to go back.

 

“Um, miss, I have a question,” he poked the girl.

 

“Ask away,” the girl replied but she wasn’t really paying attention to him. She was standing over the shoulder of a nurse sitting in front of a computer. Her right hand clutching the mouse and clicking through browsers.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter