Chapter 4: Yoon Bomi

All Things Just Go Wrong

As I stepped into the open-air cafe, I saw Chorong sitting at a corner, looking at the streeet view. There were no expressions on her face. She just sat there quietly. I slowly walked towards her and tried my best to act as if there was nothing happened.

 

"Chorong ah~~" I said with a higher tone than usual, trying to act as bright as possible. "Have you been waiting here for long time?"

 

Chorong shook her head with a smile on her face, but her smile was just awkward.

 

Then I saw the cup of coffee in front of her. When I saw the content inside, I was a bit surprised.

 

"Double expresso? You don't like coffee that is so bitter, right?"

 

"Well," Chorong said as she gently put her hand on her left chest, where the heart located. "I just want something to mask my bitterness here."

 

Chorong then took a sip of the cup of double expresso without any expression on her face. In the past, if she drank or ate something bitter accidentally, she would immediately grumble and pulled that food or drink away. However, she was drinking double expresso at that moment, not even frowning. 

 

My heart sank as I saw Chorong like this.

 

Yes, I love Park Chorong. Not that kind of love between friends, but the one between, you know, lovers.

 

Of course, I knew that she would never love me in that way, so I just hid my love towards Chorong in the deepest of my heart. I would just keep this as a secret forever.

 

I just want her to be happy. I just want to protect her, as well as her lovely smile.

 

Being Chorong and Minhyuk's best friend since we were all young, I knew that they actually loved each other for sure. However, I didn't want to meddle in their relationships. I just wanted everything to occur naturally, and both of them can be happy together.

 

But then all things just seemed to go in a wrong direction. Naeun confessed her love towards Minhyuk. Minhyuk got together with Naeun, leaving poor Chorong alone.

 

Lee Minhyuk! You were such an idiot! I knew you appreciated Naeun for her beauty and elegance, but that was surely not love! Why can you mixed up your feelings like this?

 

You used to tease Chorong because of her eager to eat and called her chubby. Did you know that she lost her appetite these days, and got much thinner now?

 

You used to tease Chorong and said that she always laughed like a fool. Did you know that she had lost her lovely smile already?

 

I admitted that I was jealous of you, Minhyuk ah, because you got Chorong's love. But I seemed to underestimate Chorong's love for you. I felt angry that you didn't realise Chorong's feeling on you and hurt her like this.

 

I used to think that I should not interfere in your relationships, but now I thought I should do something.

 

I just wanted to see Chorong smile again.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

So 2 chapters for today :)

Hope you guys enjoy and feel free to comment :))

The ending is coming soon!!