Chapter 1

Fifteen Minutes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

According to Kim Jongin, love at first sight does not just happen. To actually fall in love with someone, Kim Jongin believes, takes exactly 15 minutes.

 

He doesn’t mean to be cynical or absurd when he says this, it’s just that the only time in his life he did fall in love was when he met Do Kyungsoo, and it had taken him precisely 15 minutes to fall in love with said boy, and another half an hour to convince him to go out on a date with him.

 

He had first seen the boy at one of Chanyeol’s infamous dorm parties, holding a disgruntled Baekhyun in a chokehold, and wondered to himself how anybody could be so adorable looking so grumpy.

 

It took two minutes for him to saunter up to the boy, five minutes to strike up a conversation, seven minutes to convince him to let poor Baekhyun go, eleven minutes to sit on one of the couches and talk about the party, fourteen minutes to crack a lame joke, fourteen and a half minutes to see Kyungsoo smile his perfect smile at him and exactly fifteen minutes to realise that he had found ‘the one’.

 

The eventual start to their relationship had been slow and sweet, with Jongin determined to make Kyungsoo believe in the inevitability of their love through some of the cheesiest actions known to mankind.

 

It had taken him exactly two months of courtship, about a dozen or so flower bouquets, a serenade outside his window and a bunch of shy kisses and handholding to make Kyungsoo fall in love with him, a toothy grin replacing the trademark smirk on his face when he did so.

 

The two were known all over campus as the insanely in love couple, with Chanyeol demanding to have their first born child named after him, since he had, in a strange way, gotten them together.

 

But it was after Kyungsoo flashed his infamous ‘SatanSoo’ eyes at the boy that he let the issue go, his life had been more important to him than the continuance of his legacy.

 

Fights between the two were not a regular occurrence, and it only happened every now and then when they fought over what to have for dinner or what movie to pick.

 

They complemented each other in many ways as well. Kyungsoo’s grumpiness always seemed at bay when Jongin was around, while Jongin had become a cheesy romantic, his bad-boy phase completely disappearing into thin air.

 

Their university years had been the golden years of their relationship, filled with love, laughter, good friends and memories that lasted forever.

 

So, it hadn’t really been a shock for anyone when an extremely nervous and jitte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter