PlaN

Nyctophilia

Plans

Yoona stirred as the sunlight shined up the room. Slowly pulling down the blanker, uncovering her head, the little girl blinked a couple times before fully opening her eyes. Looking around, she paused.

After a few seconds, consciousness fully kicked in. Oh, morning already. She started remembering why she woke up to a strange room. Hyoyeon took them here last night, settling them in a small, cozy room with thick blankets and two cups of warm milk.

In a moment, she forgot that she would have to live here from now on. Feeling soft breathing against her neck, Yoona turned to see messy long hair that covered Juhyun’s face. Yoona looked down to see her arms wrapping around the sleeping Juhyun.

You’re still here. Yoona grinned and closed her eyes, resuming her sleep.

 

 

The second time she woke up was to a shake on her arm and a chuckle.

“Yoona. Why are you sleeping in my bed?” Juhyun asked.

Yoona flinched from the bright light, but she apparently still didn’t have any intention of waking up. She wrapped her arms around Juhyun’s waist more tightly, mumbling, “Hyunnie. Five more minutes.”

Juhyun chuckled again. “Do you want to be late? I don’t want to be kicked out of the house on the very first day. I haven’t stayed here literally for twenty-four hours. Come on,” Juhyun shook Yoona’s shoulder, but the sleepy girl showed no movement.

“Don’t you want some breakfast?”

Hearing that, Yoona slowly loosened her grasp, sat up, and rubbed her eyes. “Food?”

“Only food can wake you up. I’m going to wash up first. You better not get back to sleep again.” Juhyun jumped down from the bed and headed to the bathroom.

The bathroom door clicked closed. Yoona mumbled with her eyes closed, “Hyunnie, where is the food?”

The sleepiness kicked in again. When she was about to lie down, her cheeks were suddenly pinched from both sides. Juhyun always did this silly thing to wake her up. Yoona whined, “Hyunnie. Stop it.”

“She thinks I’m Juhyun.” The person said playfully.

Wait. It wasn’t Juhyun’s voice. Her eye shot opened. The face she saw wasn’t Juhyun’s. It was Sunny, who was pinching her cheeks. Hyoyeon was standing next to Sunny, grinning.

“Master!” Yoona yelped.

The little girl immediately jumped away from Sunny’s hold. One foot on the mattress, but the other one landed on nothing. She fell backward. Her head hit the floor hard, making a big loud thud.

Juhyun rushed out from the bathroom without combing her messy hair. Her masters were sitting next to Yoona. Sunny was gently massaging Yoona’s head while the girl winced.

“Master,” The young girl bowed to the older girls before running to Yoona.

“What happened? Are you alright?” Juhyun asked with concern.

“Of course not. I fell and hit my head on the floor,” Yoona replied and pointed at the back of her head while pouting at Juhyun.

“I think you have a lump there. We need some ice,” Hyoyeon said.

“I’ll go get it,” Juhyun volunteered and stood up; however, Sunny caught the girl’s wrist.

“Are you going out in your pajamas with messy hair? And do you know where the kitchen is? I don’t think you know the house that well. Now sit down,” Sunny commanded as she pulled the little girl to sit down. Sunny reached out to get a comb on a nightstand.

“Thanks, Master. But I can do it by myself,” Juhyun said, struggling to get away from Sunny’s grip.

“Stop with the master thing and sit still,” Sunny said and pressed the little girl’s shoulders, forcing her to stay still. She frowned and turned to Hyoyeon, “Didn’t you tell them to drop that title?”

“I did. Last night,” Hyoyeon answered and turned to the kids.

“Yes she did, but we don’t want to,” Juhyun answered.

“Actually. It’s only you who don’t want to,” Yoona added.

“Yoona. We’re taught to show respect to our masters,” Juhyun objected.

“Just call us by our names,” Sunny said while combing Juhyun’s hair.

“No. It would be disrespectful,” Juhyun continued.

“Sorry. She is too stubborn. She just does whatever she was taught,” Yoona grinned.

Hyoyeon smiled, finding Juhyun amusing.

“We don’t see you as our servants. You’re more like little sisters following us around, so we don’t want that title. It’s a little bit…. Too fancy, don’t you think?” Hyoyeon asked and Yoona nodded continually. “Even her Daemon calls me by my name, so why can’t you?” Hyoyeon muttered, “Those disrespectful brats.”

“And you like those disrespectful brats,” Sunny joked.

Yoona was a very easy-going, energetic little girl. She liked to play and run around, causing troubles. Juhyun was totally opposite. She preferred sitting in the house, reading, and helping others.

However, Yoona and Juhyun had always been together wherever they went. If Yoona were a trouble-maker, Juhyun would be the one who kept Yoona away from troubles. It did work, but sometimes Yoona would implicate Juhyun. They ended up getting punishment together.

“Just a little and don’t tell them I admitted it,” Hyoyeon said as she patted Yoona’s head. “Why can’t you be obedient to us like Yoona?”

“I was raised this way,” Juhyun replied.

“Is she always like this, Yoona?” Hyoyeon shook her head.

“Always,” Yoona nodded.

“It’s going to take more time,” Sunny finished fixing Juhyun’s hair, “Just try using our names, Juhyun. It won’t take long until you get used to it.  Aren’t you girls hungry? Let’s go get ready and we will have breakfast.”

“Food!!” Yoona shouted out joyfully, immediately jumped down from the bed, and sprinted to the bathroom, grabbing her clothes on the way.

“What just happened?” Hyoyeon froze.

“That’s behavior… Did I see it somewhere?” Sunny smiled mirthlessly, “or from someone?”

Then both Sunny and Hyoyeon looked at each other; they knew there was one and only person that popped into their head.

 

 

*

At the Northern side of the town, a big white mansion stood on a small hill. It was surrounded by trees and there was only one path leading to the mansion. A big white flag identified the owners of the mansion, the Dormosths.

The duchess of the Dormosths was preparing to head out, and a girl was sitting on the couch, watching.

“Ahchooo…..!” The girl sneezed loudly, “Someone must have talked behind my back.”

“Or you’re just getting sick, Sooyoung,” The woman said with concern.

“I’m sure that I’m not sick. I even know who did it. I bet my allowance on the midgets,” Sooyoung smiled at her sister.

Among the four powerful nobles, the Dormosths was the only one not concentrating on offense. They were famous of defense and healing ability. The Dormosth mansion was mostly occupied by books. The head of the house turned the mansion into libraries. The libraries in this mansion are the biggest source of information related to Abyss, Sorcerers, and Daemons that people had recorded from every battle. History of the four noble families and the town had been written down and stored in these storage rooms of books.

Sierra Dormosth was the current duchess of the Dormosth house. While the other three houses protected the town, the Dormosths’ role was to give sorcerers information about Daemons and strategies.

“When will you have to go?” Sooyoung asked.

Sierra looked at a clock hanging on the wall, “In around ten minutes.”

“Can I come with you?”

“No.”

“Please…. Pretty please. I really wanna go,” Sooyoung whined.

“You know that I can’t take you there,” Sierra said, chuckling to Sooyoung’s childish behavior, “You are in your twenties already. Yet, you still act cute and childish. Sunny can do it better.”

“Sunny’s cuteness makes my fingers curl up,” Sooyoung pretended to wince. “I thought they were going to fall off the last time I met her.”

“Why do you hate it so much? I think it cute,” Sierra said as she gathered papers on the desk while Sooyoung followed her everywhere she went.

“Try staying with her all day long. You will get what I mean."

“What’s wrong with that?”

“It’s really annoying. It’s only cute if you see it occasionally, not almost every day. I kind of feel bad for Hyoyeon. How can she live with it anyway?”

“Is it that bad?” Sierra chuckled and finished packing things she needed for the meeting in a leather briefcase. There was a knock on the door and an old man walked inside.

“Master, the carriage is ready,” The man said.

“Thanks, Mr. Lee,” Sierra smiled at the man and gave him the briefcase.

The woman headed out of the room with Sooyoung and Mr. Lee following behind.

“I really can’t tag along, can I?” Sooyoung said, hoping her sister would change her mind.

“No, you can’t. And I’m sure Sunny and Hyoyeon can’t, either. So let’s be a good girl and not try to follow me, alright?” Sierra turned to look at the younger girl as they already reached to the front door, and a carriage was waiting outside. “It’s just a casual Duke’s meeting. Old boring argument and discussion.”

“Jeez. THE DUKE’S MEETING!” Sooyoung scoffed, “You make me want to go even more.”

“Come on now, you can go to the Geflimers’ mansion if you want to,” Sierra patted the girl’s head gently.

“I think that’s a good idea. It will be boring, sitting duck in the house all day long while everyone else has a meeting to attend. Please, pretty please I want to go so much. Let me go with you please,” Sooyoung begged with puppy-like eyes and not without a pout.

“No, no, and no,” Sierra sighed, “I’m sorry, Sooyoung. Not this time. Stay home or go to Sunny and Hyoyeon.”

Sooyoung's shoulders dropped and she pouted, hopelessly watching the woman climbing on the carriage.

“I will be home soon. Go to Sunny and Hyoyeon. Have fun there,” the duchess said with a smile and waved to Sooyoung, “Be good.”

“Bye,” Sooyoung replied with a sad voice, waving back and still pouting. Sierra chuckled at the young girl.

As soon as the carriage departed and left the gate, the pout on the girl’s face turned into a mischievous smile, “Half way to go.”

“Did you say something, ma’am?” Maryn, the maid who was standing next to Sooyoung, asked.

“No,” Sooyoung shook her head.

“Do you want some breakfast, ma’am?”

“Sure, why not? I can’t go out with an empty stomach, right?”

“I’ll go get your breakfast ready." The maid bowed lightly and went back to the mansion.

Upon getting to the door, Sooyoung heard horse hooves. She and the maid turned around to see the carriage carrying Sierra now was heading back to the mansion.

We are so busted. Sooyoung gulped.

The carriage had made it way to the front steps. Sooyoung turned around, trying to sneak in the house and run away from the scene.

"SOOYOUNG CHOI DORMOSTH!" Sierra’s voice rang loudly and clearly

It was too late.

“What is the meaning of this?” Sierra said as she got out of the carriage.

Sooyoung bit her lip and turned around. Sierra was holding a ten-year-old girl in her hands like hugging a teddy bear in front.

The little girl smiled apologetically at Sooyoung.

Sooyoung swallowed the lump in and smiled awkwardly.

“Why did I find Tiffany hiding under the chair? You hid her in the carriage, so she could follow me, didn’t you?” Sierra asked with a frown. “Maryn.”

“Yes, Master,” the maid instantly ran to her master and carried the little girl for her.

“I will deal with you girls later. I will be late if staying here for any longer,” Sierra said with a serious tone before getting back to the carriage, and it departed.

Maryn let the little girl got down on her feet and asked while helping Tiffany adjusting her pink dress, “How did she get you so fast? I thought that I hid you well.”

“Yeh. Tiffany. How could you get yourself busted so fast?” Sooyoung asked, frustrated.

“It wasn’t me. It’s Cheshire’s fault,” Tiffany argued, puffing her cheeks, “She saw Cheshire’s tail.”

As if on cue, a cat in striped with pink and purple color appeared next to Tiffany’s legs. It jumped into Tiffany’s embrace and purred as she rubbed his back gently.

Tiffany was one of the sorcerers in the Dormosths, so was Sooyoung. They were the youngest sorcerers in the family. Cheshire was Tiffany’s Daemon.

The cat looked at Sooyoung with his big eyes, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to get you in trouble….” Then he questioned himself, still grinning, “Did I?... Or didn’t I?...” The cat continued with a mischievous grin on his face, “I think I didn’t, but my tail did actually.”

“Oh great. Shut up, you fluffy pink cat,” Sooyoung snapped, “You are just as useless as your master. Tiffany can’t control you, and you can’t even control your tail.”

“Stop nagging him,” Tiffany defended. She hugged Cheshire tighter and turned it away from Sooyoong before the tall girl could do anything to her Daemon.

“Believe me, Fany. I will cook him one day. Just wait and see. I’m going to the Geflimers’ mansion. Are you coming or not?”

Tiffany smiled brightly, flashing her beautiful eye-smile. “Why not?” 

 

*

“They’re such playful kids, don’t you think, Master?” Butler Lee asked as he sat on the opposite seat to Sierra in the carriage.

“Sure they are. They will never change.” Sierra faked a sigh and chuckled right after, “I have no doubt that they will blow up our house one day. Literally.”

“But everything lights up when they are around. I’ve been serving you since you’re little. You are just like them. Running around the house all day long,” The butler chuckled as he reminisced.

Mr. Lee had been serving for the Dormosths for almost entire of his life. Even though he didn’t serve the former Duke, he had been taking care of Sierra since she was young.

“You’re right. They’ve been lighting up our mansion with laughter and also messes.”

“May I say something, Madam?”

“Of course.”

“I think… The girls, they are old enough to know.”

“It’s too soon.” She shook her head. “Let see how far this meeting goes, then I will consider about that.”

“Yes. Madam”

After the short conversation, they stayed quiet until the carriage reached their destination. Sierra was deep in her own thought. The Arcnight tragedy was now an important issue that they had to fix.

The townsfolk didn’t know about what happened, more than just an accident, as the dukedoms tried to avoid chaos. What the townsfolk heard was that the Arcnight mansion was struck by lightning in that stormy night, which had burnt down everything completely.

Not all people believed in that story. However, since the mayor and three dukedoms were the ones releasing announcement, the civilian had no choice, but to follow.  

“What is happening in this crazy world?” Sierra asked more likely to herself.

The carriage slowly arrived at a big mansion with Phthalo Green flag. When the carriage reached to the front steps of the mansion, two servants ran out to open the door for her.

The duchess got out of the carriage and was greeted by guards and maids.

“Welcome to the Patrivilles’ mansion. The Duke of the Geflimers has also arrived. They are waiting for you in the meeting room.”

Sierra followed them to a big room with a wide wooden table. The heads of the Patrivilles and the Geflimers had arrived and were sitting at the end of the table with two butlers standing behind them. They seemed to be talking casually.

Upon she stepped in the room, the duchess of Patrivilles noticed her coming.

“You came,” The lady greeted her and offered an empty seat next to her. “Please have a seat.”

“I apologize for being late, Duke Ludwig, Duchess Yuri," Sierra nodded to the two and sat down, "Shall we start?"

“My pleasure,” Yuri answered with a smile.

 

 


A/N: Hello everyone!!! 

First of all, thank you for reading my story. A huge thank and hug to every reader!

Secondly, I hope that no one gets confused by the girls's age and appearance so far. I built the characters on different ages than the girls' real ages. Sunny, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung are in their twenties. (I don't want to go into specific). You can imagine Yoona, Seohyun, and Tiffany are around 9 and 10. :D  (I really love the concept of baby, little Soshi) XD

Lastly, I will try to update new chapter every week. Is that too long for an update?

Talk to me! Let me know what you think of this story! :D 

See ya! :3