Beautiful Stranger

종키Beautiful Stranger

Ache

Throb

A physical connection

Jonghyun could feel it as he passed the brunette in the hotel hallway. His head was held high, his eyes fierce and he walked as if he were a ghost—only a memory that was rewinding throughout the building. He was dressed strangely, Jonghyun wasn’t complaining about his clothes though. A shirt that revealed his arms and the brown color of his s that perked underneath. Jonghyun paused in his tracks, watching as he walked, his eyes squinted trying to figure out who he was—why his heart and mind were reacting this way. Who was he? He clenched his fist as the stranger turned a corner and disappeared. His heart reacted to the separation by lurching forward and pounding hard against his chest. He wondered if he would be able to see him again. Shaking his head and running a hand through his ash colored hair, he turns away heading in the opposite direction towards his hotel room. 

The night was hard to get through, he would see his face, like a movie stuck on pause. He’d rewind and stop on the strangers face. There was a word, a word that wasn’t complicated, but right now it was stuck in Jonghyuns throat, he couldn’t get it out. The word that would perfectly describe the ethereal stranger. With a heavy sigh he closes his eyes, forcing himself to sleep. His eyes fluttered momentarily and then it was as if a bucket of cold water had been dumped on his face. He sprung up with a gasp, his chest heaving. The word, it came back, the word for this stranger. “Beautiful…” He murmured softly and then he opened his lips to say something more. “My…beautiful stranger..” That tasted better on his tongue, his heart swelled and then he smiled. It felt as though he were keeping a secret, like he was the only one who could see the man. And with those thoughts he drifted off into the embrace of sleep. 

The morning was warm, the sun shining through into his room. He rose from his bed, slipping into a loose fitting autumn colored shirt and blue patterned pants that were cool against his legs. He stood by the window, parting the curtains and staring out, looking at nothing, but thinking about him. He wondered a multiple of things. Why he was feeling this way, why he felt such a strong connection to a person he barely knew—he didn’t know him at all, yet he craved for him. His touch….his name. What was his name? Turning his back towards the window, he leans against it, gazing down at the ground and remembering all the times he’s passed him. 

He first saw him around a month ago, when he first thought of leaving this hotel and oddly enough the stranger was dressed in the same attire. Walking up and down the hotel hallways, his brown eyes shining against the dim, yellowed lights. Jonghyun watched him, his heart pounding, his cheeks warming. All the words that meant ‘beautiful’ flew through his mind and he had to lean against the wall to keep himself from falling over. 

The second and third time were like a dream, the stranger smiled at him. Stunning, heart stopping—Jonghyun wanted to capture his smile and place it in his heart. His lips would curl up and his entire expression would soften, his cheekbones rising to meet his eyes. Jonghyun smiles gently to himself, remembering the way the stranger had smiled. He places a hand against his chest and sighs like a maiden in love. But was this love or merely human desire? He contemplated this for a while, the ringing sound of his doorbell stirring him from his thoughts. “Coming!” He calls, bounding towards the door and it was only then that he realized the early time. Maybe it was one of the maids coming to clean his room. He opens the door, his breath catching when he saw who it was. Standing tall, expression blank, eyes staring into Jonghyun. He hadn’t thought about saying anything, he couldn’t think, a shocking sensation travelled throughout his body. Rendering him speechless and then the stranger spoke. “Are you looking for me?” Jonghyuns eyes widen, he was in shock for two reasons. The stranger’s voice was gorgeous, full and holding a unique tone Jonghyun was pretty sure he would get addicted to. But there was something else, the question he had asked. How had he known? Jonghyun forced a smile onto his lips, crossing his arms in front of his chest and leaning against the door frame. “What if I say I am?” He replies with a slight smirk. The man only stared at him, his features forming a question, his head tilting. Jonghyun thought he looked cute and with a slight sigh he steps to the side. “Come in.”  The brunette stepped inside, brushing past Jonghyun and gliding towards the window. 

Jonghyun closed the door and glanced back at him, he had managed to find himself a seat against the window sill. Sitting on the gold sill and leaning his back against the glass window. Jonghyun moved to the bed, his eyes never wavering from the stranger. He looked beautiful, almost see-through as Jonghyun stared at him and there was that ache again, throbbing throughout his whole body. And the urge was overwhelming. He wanted to touch him. My beautiful stranger, he thought, his eyes glazing over the brunette. “What’s your name?” He finally asks and the man looks at him, looks through him. “Who wants to know?” He asks and Jonghyun grins, was this a game of questions? He sits up, pulling the guitar from the side of his bed and tugging gently at the strings. He thrums his fingers against it, looking up and stating. “Me.” Soon after he spoke the silence filled in the air and they both stared at each other, as if trying to read one another’s minds. The brunette stood up, facing his back towards Jonghyun and touching the glass. Jonghyuns eyes danced across his backside, sizing him up and swallowing when he realized the feeling in his heart was not only curiosity and awe, but a craving and he’d do anything to cease it. 

The brunette grinned against the window, staring out and counting the seconds before Jonghyun finally spoke. “So, before you go…” The stranger slowly turns towards him. “Mind telling me your name?” Jonghyun finished, laying the guitar across his pillow and rising to his feet. He walked towards the taller man, extending his hand, his body was burning to touch him. The stranger faces him, a devious smile lining his full lips and he whispered out a single word. “No…” He extends his hand towards Jonghyuns, lightly touching the center of his chest, dragging his finger down across his mole. Jonghyun shuddered. His fingers were cold. “But first, before I tell you anything…” He steps closer to Jonghyun, his voice low. “You have to promise that you’ll stay.” Jonghyun cocked a brow. “Stay where?”

“Here. Stay with me.” He was drawing closer and Jonghyuns heart thudded around in his chest and his mind was blurring, the words weren’t forming. “Do you promise Jonghyun?” He asks again and it didn’t even register in his mind, that the brunette had called him by his name. “I promise.” He murmurs the words, placing his hand over the strangers and gazing gently at him. The brunette smiles, leaning forward and whispering against his lips. “My name is Kibum…I’ve been so lonely living in this hotel for so many years.” Jonghyun stared up at him, pity clouding his eyes and slowly his lips pushed against Kibums, their bodies melding together. 

 

10 years ago

The twenty-three old man trudged through the hotel lobby, his tank top torn across his chest, revealing his stomach and s. He panted, pushing hard at the elevator buttons. Panic flashed across his face and pain shot up through his leg. He couldn’t breathe. The elevator doors dinged open and he stumbled through into the small space. He fell to the ground, curling his legs underneath him. He was too old for this, his mother promised that he would be safe from that man. The man that abused him when he was younger—that bastard. He gritted his teeth, rubbing his hands over his throbbing leg. The doors opened and he hobbled out, struggling to walk down the hallway. His eyes were creased and his teeth bit down hard into his bottom lip. His hair was matted to his forehead due to sweat. He was going to die, that man was going to kill him. He would die lonely. A sob threatened to escape him, but he swallowed it down, pushing through into his room door. 
 

He fell hard against the floor, the wind knocked out of him. He wheezed for air, blood staining his pant legs. He moved here thinking that he would be safe, all the people that moved here, all the people that lived here and all the people that were gone today. Today no one was walking through the halls. He takes a deep breath, preparing himself for movement and that’s when he heard his voice. “Kibum.” His body froze and all the color drained from his face. He had come. He listens as his footsteps grow nearer, his heart stopping with each thud. “You thought you could get away from me?” The man laughs and Kibum squeezes his eyes shut. “You’re such a desperate man.” Those were the words he last heard and the beginnings of an apology. 
 

Kibum expected to die and he had, but now he could see everything and nobody could see him. For all these years, nobody could see him until finally he found someone who could. 

 

“Kibum...” Jonghyun groaned out his name as the younger man rolled against his body. For this moment Kibum was granted the power of a solid body and so he touched Jonghyun and he allowed Jonghyun to touch him. Kibum shivered as the older man kissed up his stomach, taking his left and rolling it against his tongue. It felt like this was meant to be—Kibum sighed heavily—this was who was supposed to stay with him. 

Kibum looked around the room and through his eyes he could see rats and rotting walls, through his eyes he saw the true image of the hotel. But as Jonghyun looked around he saw painted walls and clean corners, unshattered glass and a neatly made bed. Jonghyun ran his fingers through Kibums brown hair, shuddering hard as the brunette slid down his body and across his hips, his lips growing nearer to Jonghyuns clothed . He panted, his eyes hazy. Tugging gently at the zipper, Kibum cups his bulge, rubbing his palm up and down. Jonghyun squirmed underneath him, his eyebrows knit downward. 

When he first saw Jonghyun he thought nothing of it. Just a short man walking through his hotel and then it hit him. When Jonghyun moved here the hotel was about to be closed, no one lived here and just as Jonghyun got the idea of leaving, Kibum wove his way into his mind, locking him into the abandoned hotel. He’s been alone for so long. He’s watched his body rot, he’s watched people come and go and he’s seen people fight, make-up, die, cry—he’s seen it all. All of it he wished he hadn’t. Because he could see it all and no one could see him. 

As Jonghyun positioned his body against Kibums, eager to penetrate him, Kibum looked up at him with heavy eyes. “Promise you’ll stay?” He asks and Jonghyun was so far gone, so lost in his crave for Kibum that he nodded and he didn’t even see the grin on Kibums lips as he ed into him. 

He was now one with his beautiful stranger. My beautiful stranger, he thought. Together, forever, you’ll stay with me. 

 

 

 

Dubu Speaking

So the question is who said that last line? Did Kibum see Jonghyun as his beautiful stranger? Questions~

Anyways this was new and creepy for me to write. Like, Jonghyun's having with a ghost and now he's stuck in a haunted, rotting hotel.....

Just...wooow

Anyways, thanks for reading and checking it out^^