1/1

Curiosity

 

 

“What is that hyung?”

“A bee.”

“Is it dead?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“I think he stung something. See, it’s gone...” He pointed its bottom.

“Did bee dead if they sting something?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“God’s rule.”

“Wait. Who got stung?”

“Not me.”

“Me neither. Not the other hyung too.”

Taemin gasped. “We have to check comme des! And garcons too!”

Minho laughed as he saw Taemin ran away to find them.

 

***

 

“Hyung is that really work?”

They were watching documentary show about how to overcome emergency situation one day.

“It is.”

“Why they have to be half to overcome the cold? It will be very cold.”

“To conduct the basal heat properly, of course you have to do it skin to skin. Clothes don’t really conduct heat.”

“Will it work too in real life?”

“Yes. That’s why they did that.”

He tilted his head and thought deeply. He often heard that skinship will help to overcome coldness but he never really believed that.

“Why?”

“Should we go inside the freezer and try that hyung?”

Minho laughed and ruffled Taemin’s hair.

“Come here.”

Minho pulled Taemin closer.

“Wh-why?”

Minho s his arms around Taemin’s shoulder. He stayed still for a while.

“See? You’re getting sweaty even when we’re wearing clothes. It works like that.”

 

***

 

“Oh!”

“What?”

“Hide!”

“Why?”

“Jongkey!”

Minho laughed. “Jongkey?”

“They’re holding hands.”

“They’re dating, Tae.”

“Why when people dating each other have to hold hands?”

Minho frown his forehead.

“I don’t know. Maybe to show their affection?”

“Why people have to date?”

“What’s with that question?”

“Why people have to have feelings?”

“To differentiate between living and non living things?”

Taemin drowned in his thought.

“Anyway why do we have to hide Tae?”

“I’m just curious about what are they going to do and why.”

“You’re...”

“Weird?” Taemin glared at Minho. “See? They will think of me exactly like what you’re going to say. Weird. That’s why I have to hide.”

“I was going to say cute though.” Minho ruffled his hair and walked out of their hiding spot.

“Hyung! Hide!”

 

***

 

“What is love?”

“How should I explain that?”

“What is love?”

“What do you want me to say?”

“Explain anything.”

“Love?”

“Yes, love. Define love for me.”

Minho took a deep sigh.

“When you like something or someone and you want to have them for yourself.”

“How does it feel?”

“Hmm... Wait let me think.”

Taemin nodded enthusiastically.

“Love is when you can’t help to smile like an idiot whenever you see each other, your heart beats like crazy, and you can’t look away whenever you stare into each other’s eyes. Get it?”

“More.”

“You see Jonghyun?”

“Hmm.”

“He never felt that much nervousness when we’re on stage but he made lots of mistakes in front of Key. And now look at Key. He will take hours just to look good in front of Jonghyun.”

“I love my mom but my heart didn’t race, I really want to avoid her gaze, and I don’t really care my appearance when I’m with her.”

“That... That’s a different love.”

“But it’s love too.”

“Do you want me to stop talking or what?”

“No hyung, no. Keep going.”

“Love is when you want to keep them for yourself, protecting him, make him happy and you don’t want to stop seeing and thinking about them.”

“Huh?”

“Well, love is when you can’t get that someone out of your mind. It’s like he is taking over your mind, torturing yet giving you happiness.”

“I often think about Eve.”

“That’s a different love too.”

“Why? Is it different loving someone and something?”

“Pretty much the same. But not really the same.”

“What makes it different?”

“You can love many things at the same time but you can’t love someone at the same time. Trust me. When people say they can love two people at the same time, it’s a lie.”

“Why?”

“It’s just don’t work like that.”

“But what if I can?”

Minho frown his forehead.

“You are not allowed to love two people at the same time.”

“I love both of my mom and dad at the same time.”

“Taemin-ah...” Minho sighed. “We’re talking about a different love here.”

“Why different? How could it be different?”

Minho cupped Taemin’s face and shook his head in annoyance. He knew Taemin’s curiosity will never end, he would ask millions of questions.

“We’re talking about a love you would die for Tae. Not towards your family. A love you want to have, you want to find, not a love you already give or receive.”

“I can’t see the differences.”

“Oh gosh...” Minho covered his face with the blanket and hugged him. “It’s three in the morning for God’s sake. Sneaking into my room and waking me up are crimes. Let’s sleep, Tae. Sleep.”

“But-”

“Sleep.”

“I still have questions.”

“Sleep.” Minho smiled and hugged him tighter.

 

***

 

“Hyung.”

“Hmm?”

“What does it feels like to be in love?”

“Are you being serious?”

“Of course, why?”

“You’ve asked me few days ago.”

“You’re not answering well!”

“Ask Key or Jonghyun.”

“Why?”

“They obviously have more explanation than me.”

“They didn’t want to.” Taemin pouted.

Minho sat down and sighed deeply. “Fine.”

Taemin smiled and hopped in excitement.

“But let me remove my make up first.”

“Ah me too.”

He sat next to Minho and started to remove his make up one by one; he hummed lightly. Minho could only smile.

They were sitting next to each other comfortably.

“So my biggest question is how can you tell that you’re in love?”

“Depend to each person.”

Taemin blinked confusedly.

“You can’t tell that you’re in love right away. You will slowly realize that you’re in love with someone after a while.”

“Okay.”

“You don’t know exactly when and how but you start to notice that someone more than anyone else, you like to be close to him, you want to see him, and you feel good and comfortable when he’s with you. And then the next time you realize that you always think of him, you will soon realize that you are excited when you see him, and your heart starts to beat faster when he’s around; for no reason.”

“Beats faster?”

“Hmm. When you see him, or when he smiles at you, calls your name, stands beside you, holds you unknowingly, when he talks to you, and everything he does will make your heart beats faster.”

Taemin held his cheek. “What if your face turned red or hot?”

“That includes. But that doesn’t apply to everyone, I don’t blush. Jonghyun doesn’t blush but Key yes. See? Like what I’ve said. It depends on each person.”

“Next.”

“After that you will be more sure that you’re falling in love is when you don’t like people getting close to him, or he is looking at the other, uhmmm jealousy?”

“Jealousy?”

“Yes, you started to feel like he’s yours and you don’t want anyone to have him, only you can. And you start to think of him more frequently, you want to call him all the time, you need his attention and you want him so badly.”

“And what then?”

“You start to deny it; you’re trying so hard not to believe yourself. You will try to avoid him and his gaze, you will try to act all cool, like you’re not in love but you can’t.”

“Weird.”

Minho smiled. “Love is weird.”

“And?”

“You start to feel the desperation. And then you’ll realize that you love him, you need him, you want him, you cannot live without him.”

“What should I do then?”

“If you’re in love?”

“Yes.”

“Confess.”

“How?”

“Choose the right timing and tell him the truth. But it will be very hard, trust me. It’s like your words stuck in your throat.”

Taemin gulped down.

“Why does it sound so scary?”

Minho laughed. “It’s not scary. It’s thrilling. That’s what makes it feels different from loving your family.”

Taemin nodded.

“What if you want to be hug by him and want to hug him?”

Minho stared Taemin who avoid his gaze and looked at the ceiling.

“What? You’re in love?”

“Just asking.”

“Who?”

“I’m just asking, hyung!”

“Is that why you ask about love recently?”

“I said I’m not!”

“You are, huh?”

Minho held Taemin’s face closely.

“So you are...”

Taemin’s face was red.

“Who is he?”

“He?”

“Who is he?”

“No...”

He slipped off of Minho’s grips and stood up.

“Thank you for the explanation hyung!”

He fled from Minho’s bedroom and slammed the door.

 

***

 

“Hyung... May I-”

“Good morning, Lee Taemin.”

“Ah-right! Good morning.”

“I’m not done yet.”

He then closed the door quietly and rounded his eyes.

“Why? Is something happened?”

“Why couples have to kiss?”

“What?”

“Why do they kiss?”

“What?! Someone wants a kiss from you?!”

Taemin shocked at how loud and panic Minho could be.

“Hyung you’re being scary right now.”

“Ah-I did? Sorry.”

“I’m just asking why.”

“Oh...” He stood up and tried to go out.

“Wait you can’t.”

“Jongkey?”

He nodded. “In the hallway.”

“We have to stop them then.”

“Tongues and touches. No.”

“We’re going to be late! We have to stop them!”

“Hyung I have a question.”

“What?”

“Why they have to kiss?”

“To show their love and affection.”

“They can hug and hold hands though.”

“Taemin-ah... Are we going to talk about this now?”

“Hmm. Why not?”

“Fine.” Minho sighed. “But not a long one. We have schedules.”

“So?”

“It’s just sometimes hugs and holding hands are not enough. You want to own them entirely and kiss is one of the ways ‘marking’ your territory.”

“So I can kiss someone if we’re a couple?”

Minho looked at Taemin weirdly.

“You do have someone in your mind, right? Who?”

“Hyung that’s not the problem here.”

“It is!”

“Why are you being curious?”

“I have to know.”

Knock knock.

“Are you guys ready?”

“Oh manager hyung! We’re ready.”

“Lee Taemin, answer me! Who is he???”

 

***

 

“What now, Tae?”

“How to kiss?”

Minho woke up from his sleep and stared at the boy.

“What??”

“I just want to know, don’t ask me who.”

“Why should I explain?”

Taemin hid his face with his oversized hoody.

“I just have to learn.”

“Who is it that you want to kiss?”

Taemin grunted and lied down next to Minho, on his arm.

“How do you know when is the right time to kiss?”

“Lee Taemin...”

“How to initiate a kiss?”

“I’m sleepy...”

“Hyung...” Taemin pouted and Minho sighed.

“Fine.”

“Assa!” Taemin hugged Minho’s back and peeked at him.

“Instinct. Your instinct will lead you to a kiss. When you’re alone with him and the feelings are just right, you will know.”

“There’s no exact time?”

“No.” Minho suddenly turned to Taemin and pointed at his nose. “Ya! If it’s your first time, you have to make sure you really love him!”

“I’m not going to kiss someone in the near time, hyung!”

“Oh!”

Taemin sunk his face to Minho and covered his ears. “I’m not going to hear you yelled at me.”

Minho tried to hide his unreasonable anger.

“So?”

“What?”

“How to kiss someone?”

“Just kiss.”

Taemin looked up and stared weirdly at Minho’s annoyed face.

“Look at him deeply, you have to show that you love him so much and you want him only to look at you. If he doesn’t look away after 3 seconds, try to get closer.”

“How?”

Minho cupped Taemin’s cheek and stared into his eyes.

“Look into him, capture him.”

Taemin nodded and looked back at Minho.

“Give a little , treasure him.”

Taemin gulped down in nervousness, he blinked rapidly. Minho smiled.

“You can hold his chin or caress his cheek, comb his hair or thumb his lips.”

Taemin’s pupils were shaking.

“And then get closer like this.”

Their nose almost touched, one hamd ran to the back side of Taemin’s neck and Minho could feel Taemin’s hand clutching his waist.

“Tilt a little...” Minho tightened his grip on Taemin’s nape. “Don’t forget to breathe.”

“Close your eyes and... Kiss.”

Taemin’s eyes fluttered and gently shut. Minho suddenly lost his mind. They were too close but he couldn’t handle himself not to get any closer, not to touch his lips. He wanted to kiss him but he shouldn’t.

“What are you doing, Tae? Sleeping?”

Taemin opened his eyes and shocked.

“Oh- I-”

“You get it now?”

“Y-yes.”

“Now let me sleep.”

“O-okay.”

Taemin shook his head and let go off his hug, panic.

 

***

 

It’s been weeks since Taemin stop asking Minho things. It was weird because he used to ask him every time, even the stupidest thing like why people have to walk.

“Taemin-ah?”

“Yes?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure...”

“Is something happened?”

“Something?”

“Yes, you’re being weird lately.”

“What weird?”

“Why can’t you look at me?”

“I can.”

Taemin stared into Minho’s eyes.

“Why did you run away when I went closer?”

“I didn’t.”

Taemin went closer and twitched his nose in disagreement.

“Why you never ask me something again?”

“I thought you don’t like it when I asked a lot.”

“Who said?”

“No one.”

“Why? Did I hurt you by any chance?”

“No.”

“I don’t hate you, Tae.”

Taemin nodded.

“I like your curiosity you know that.”

“I think I have to go hyung…”

Minho grabbed Taemin’s arm and glared at him.

“Again, you’re running away from me.”

“Well that…” Taemin smiled awkwardly.

“What?”

“Don’t think of me weirdly, okay?”

“Okay. Just tell me what happened.”

“Uh… That…” He stuttered, “I– I think I’m in love.”

“Oh really?” Minho’s tone was a little bit weird, a little bit upset. “I knew it. I thought it was weird you keep asking me about love weeks ago. Who?”

“I can’t tell you now.”

Taemin ran away from Minho.

 

***

 

“Lee Taemin?”

“He’s sleeping.”

Minho laughed. “I’m coming in. I know you’re not sleeping.”

Minho sat on his bed and combed his hair.

“Why are you here?”

“I don’t know, I just want to see you. You avoided me the whole time.”

Taemin didn’t say anything, it was so quiet.

“Hyung, I have a question.”

“Finally!”

Taemin turned around and awkwardly pulled Minho closer. Minho placed himself comfortably on Taemin side, not knowing the maknae’s weird gesture when he slightly hugged him.

“What is it? I’ll answer everything. Quite weird when you stop bothering me with questions.”

“Uhm…” Taemin started, “Is it okay to kiss someone before asking them for a date?”

“What? You’ve kissed?? With who???”

“NO. I haven’t kissed anyone, yet.”

Taemin waited for Minho to answer. Minho was a bit taken aback actually, pretending not to like Taemin was hard but listening to your crush having a crush on someone was harder.

“If the feeling is mutual, if they reply your kiss, you can call it your day 1.”

“If not? What should I do?”

“It would be awkward. The worst is that you might act like stranger in the future.”

Taemin pouted, he definitely didn’t want that to happen.

“Are you trying to kiss someone lately?”

Taemin nodded.

“Who?” Minho’s tone was sharp.

“Hyung…” Taemin looked up and looked into Minho’s eyes deeply. “Can you teach me how to kiss?”

“I’ve taught you last time.”

“Teach me so that they couldn’t refuse me.”

“You sound so desperate.”

“I am. I’m in the desperate mode now-you know the love stage…”

Minho giggled, sounded sad actually.

“Just kiss.” Minho held Taemin’s cheek. “Every touch and movement will show them how you love them. They will notice your feeling if you sincerely kiss them.”

Taemin stared deeply at Minho, he held Minho’s hand that on his face.

“If he held you like this,” Minho pointed Taemin’s hand, “it means he is interested in you too.”

Taemin carefully went closer to Minho’s face, surprising the older one until he gasped.

“I just have to kiss?” Taemin asked.

“Yes. Ah- a little teasing is fine, m-make him wait for a second before you kiss. Uhm-well- The important point here is no tongue involve. You-you don’t want to freak him out.”

Taemin nodded as their eyes glued to each other.

“I just have to kiss.”

“Yeah.” Minho unconsciously Taemin’s cheek while eyes darted to his nervous lips.

Taemin his lips, Minho blinked really hard.

“You got it, Tae?” Minho’s voice cracked.

Taemin nodded and Minho tried to let go, but Taemin suddenly caressed his cheek. He leaned closer; he aimed for Minho’s lips with his eyes flattery closed. Taemin kissed Minho at that second. Minho was surprised at first but immediately melted into the awkward kiss.

“Lee Taemin, you…” Minho was barely talking, was speechless as they pulled apart.

Taemin nodded even when Minho hadn’t finished his sentence.

“You-” Minho couldn’t find any words.

“Did I kiss you right? Can you feel my sincerity? My heart is about to burst. You won’t refuse me, right? We’re going to date, right? Answer me, hyung…”

Minho started to laugh for Taemin’s cuteness. “Really, Tae… Can you just say I love you instead of asking me those questions?”

“I love you,” he quickly said it.

Minho chuckled and ruffled his hair. “How can I refuse?”

 

 

 

------

I have nothing to say actually. Just a shameless plea to leave a comment and a sorry, I'm sorry if this is lame lol thank you for subscribing eventhough I've warned you that this will be a boring one. THANK YOU!

hugs,

aqcelnicorus :D