2nd PERIOD : New Teacher, A Wild RIVAL Emerged?!

Do We Really Have Time for Lunch?

Seoul, 12 August 2015

School hours is over, school that initially quiet suddenly become very crowded, the students came out from their classes with happiness on their face. After 9 hours in school, they can finally enjoy their time, relaxing at home with family or hang out with their friends, enjoying their youth that only happens once in their life.

Myungsoo walked out from his classroom with his usual nonchalant look on his face. Today’s is all the same for him, nothing good or bad things happened at school; it was all flat, Jiyeon didn’t forget her lunch this time, Sungyeol is still flirting with the freshmen relentlessly, and he lost interest at school after the lunch time, it’s all the same for him.

When he walked towards the school gate, a girl with flashy appearance suddenly ran toward him “Oppa, do you want to go home with me?” the girl said as she suddenly clinging to Myungsoo’s arm with seductive gaze directed to him.

“Who are you? And let go of my hand.” Myungsoo coldly replied, forcefully pulling his hand off the girl, surprising her “Really, why can you be so clingy to person that don’t even know you, and what’s wrong with your appearance? This is school, not a nightclub. Aigoo” He continued as he leaving her frozen on her spot.

Geez, what the hell are these people doing? It sends a shiver down to my spine. Myungsoo thought as he walked away while almost all women near him looking at him with awe.

“Oh, Oppa! Annyeonghaseyo~ did you enjoy school today? Did you?” As he continues walking toward the gate, he saw another girl making her way to him. But in contrast with the earlier event, Myungsoo’s expression became brighter as the girl walking closer to him.

“Ah Jirong-ah Annyeong! Ne, i quite enjoyed today’s school, how about you?” Myungsoo smiled as he greeted the brown haired girl in front of him.

“Me? Not to much~ Eunjung songsaeng-nim said today’s taekwondo class is cancelled, so I’m not that happy.” Jiyeon pouted cutely, resulted a skip of heartbeat for Myungsoo.

“A-a-ah? R-really? N-noonim s-said that? i-i’ll ask her about t-that later at home, o-okay?” Damnit, why are you so cute Jiyeon-ah. Myungsoo thought to himself as his face reddening.

“Ah, that’s right! You’re her niece right? Ask her later, okay?”

“Hmm.” Myungsoo nodded his head, finally able to calm himself. “Anyway, why didn’t you go home? Are you waiting for someone?” Myungsoo asked the girl who’s now aimlessly looking to all corner of school yard, completely lost from the conversation. “Ya park Jiyeon!” He shouted at her in attempt to regain her attention.

“E-eh? Oh! That’s right! C’mon Oppa! You might late to work!” Without further explanation, Jiyeon suddenly grabbed Myungsoo’s hand and dragging him out from the school gate with some students around the gate staring at the two with jealousy.

***********************************************************************

Myungsoo laying his head on the counter table while sighing. Now wearing plain black shirt and apron, he’s looking at the girl whose busy eating beside her.

“It’s already your third serving Jiyeon-ah, haven’t you feel full already?” Myungsoo said in worried tone as the girl veraciously eating her pork rib.

“whani-wa, thif isf befaufe ithif pofkh if fo delifiof!” Jiyeon replied incoherently because of the food in , making Myungsoo frowned.

“Don’t speak with your mouth full.” Myungsoo handed her a glass of water.

“I’m sorry oppa, but really, Woohyun Oppa’s food is really delicious.” Jiyeon smiled as she drank the water.

“Really? But Unnie, dn’t said that in front of him, Oppa might get cocky because of your compliment.” A girl comes with a glass of Orange Juice that she handed to Jiyeon. “ Hee’ your orange Juice.”

Jiyeon Just smiled at her remark “Thank you Suzy-ah. I know that, Woohyun Oppa is stupidly weak with two things, compliment, and my unnie.” Jiyeon said, followed by laughter from Myungsoo and Suzy.

“Yah, who said I’m stupid?” an angry voice coming from the kitchen. Not long a man coming out from the kitchen. “Jiyeon-ah, how’s my cooking?”

Jiyeon lifted her thumb up as a reply. “Better than every pork ribs that I’ve ever eat Oppa”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“See? Look at his face, he already look like idiot because of your compliment Unnie.” Suzy cut off the conversation between the two while staring her brother with cynical look on her face.

“Yah Nam Suzy! What’s wrong with you?! You can’t see your Oppa happy for once?” Woohyun yelled to his Younger sister. while Myungsoo and Jiyeon watched the sibling quarrel with amusement.

Ne, it’s Because you look like an idiot every time you feeling happy.” The Younger Nam yelled back while Myungsoo and Jiyeon watched the sibling quarrel with amusement.

“I think Suzy’s is right” Myungsoo butted in.  Making the older brother back off a little bit.

“Why do you take Suzy side Myungsoo-ah, I’m your boss.” Woohyun said in disbelief, feeling betrayed by his employer.

“I think so too.” Jiyeon cheerfully commented, backing Suzy in her little argument with her brother.

“Yah, no way, you too Jiyeon-ah?”

“I’m sorry Oppa, even though your food is delicious, But Suzy and i has been friends for like 4 years, so I’m taking Suzy side too.” Jiyeon grinned as the older man sighing.

“Aah Whatever...” Woohyun take a deep breath. “Anyway Jiyeon, How is...You know... That...., Your sister...” Woohyun ask the young girl while fidgeting his hands timidly, an action that makes Myungsoo and Suzy cringe immediately.

“Oh, Hyomin unnie?”

Wohyun just nodded his head shyly upon hearing her name mentioned.

“Hyomin Unnie said...” Jiyeon paused as she grabs her bag and putting 3 pieces of 10,000 won bills on the table before getting up from the chair, confusing Woohyun and the kids.

“Hyomin said?” Woohyun asked.

“Hyomin Unnie said she don’t ever want to see your ugly face ever again, she also told me to tell you to off if you ever ask about her to me!.”

“W-what?” Woohyun lifted his eyebrow as Jiyeon finished her sentence in one breath.

 “Ja, I guess my time is over, That’s the payment! Myungsoo Oppa, let’s talk again tomorrow! Suzy too! Woohyun oppa, don’t be sad! Bye bye!” and with that, Jiyeon running out from the restaurant with full speed, leaving Woohyun who’s frozen on his spot while Myungsoo and suzy laughing at both of Jiyeon and Woohyun.

“She’s one hell of interesting girl right oppa?” Suzy commented the girl as she finally disappeared from their sight.

Myungsoo just nodded and smiled at her remark.

“Aaah~ i guess i can’t win from her if it’s about you oppa, you’re all heads over heels for Unnie.”  Suzy continued while sighing playfully.

“Well, I can’t help it, Suzy-ah, no matter how stupid and weird her personality is, i just can’t help but liking her more and more.” Myungsoo smiled while looking at nowhere blankly.

“Ck, I know I know, it’s not like it’s disturbing me though. You know oppa, unlike some clingy guy that I know, I was able to move on after i got rejected by my crush.” Suzy sarcastically said as she staring at the guy beside her.

“Ya! I’m sorry if i am being clingy.” Myungsoo defends himself while Suzy laughing at him.

“You two, why do you chatting here?! Get back to work, hurry!” conversation didn’t last long though, as a yell from now-conscious Woohyun forced them to back to their work.

“Neee~” said the two in unison as they go back to their work.

CLANG

“Ah, welcome costumer, please sit down.” Just then, a costumer come to the restaurant and sat on the chair that was used by Jiyeon before. Suzy then approached him. “Do you need something?”

“Can I have 1 serving of Pork ribs, spicy kimchi and a bottle of soju please?” the costumer orders politely.

“Is that’s all? Your food will come soon, thank you for ordering.” Suzy said as she hurriedly walking to the kitchen to prepare the food.

Just then, the costumer saw Myungsoo walking in front of him. “Oh, you too seems so you, are you still in high school?” Myungsoo immediately stop walking as the costumer suddenly asking him.

“e-excuse me?”

“You and that girl before is so young, are you in any chance, still high school student?” the costumer repeated his question.

n-ne, I’m working part-time here, and the girl you mentioned, she’s the owner’s sister.” Myungsoo replied with confused face. ”ah, excuse me, I have to continue my work.” Myungsoo excuses himself as he walk away from the costumer who’s only replied with a smile. Why this guy suddenly asking me a question? And also, this air around him makes me uncomfortable. He thought to himself as he continues his work.

It was a relatively calm day at the restaurant, not much people came that day, Myungsoo working like there’s nothing wrong with that day. Little did he know, from now on, his life will not be the same.

***********************************************************************

Yamsil High School, Principal Office.

The principal holding his hands together, his face looks very calm. On the desk in front of him, there are some unorganized files that some of it is in opened condition. “This should be fun.” He said to no one.

In front of him, a woman tilted her head sideway with uninterested face as she standing in front at the opened door. “Why did you call me here?” she said with flat tone.

“Oh, Eunjung songsaengnim, come in come in.” the principal said while grinning to the girl who’s walking toward him.

“Don’t be so formal Joon-ah, what’s the matter.” Eunjung said coldly as she sit on the chair.

“Yaaa., don’t be so cold. Here, look at these.”

The principal smiled as he handed the opened file to the woman in front of him. “What do you think?”

“New teacher? Why do you show this to me? I have nothing to do with the recruitment of new teachers.”

Hearing the woman question, the principal just laughed. “Well, i know that, but why i call you here is not because of school matter.” The principal replied, which further confused the woman.

“Geez, really i don’t understand what you talking about.” Eunjung shook her head. “But looking at the CV, it seems like he would be a good teacher.”

“I know right? He's Seoul Graduate after all.”

“Yeah, but once again, what these files do with me?”

“Ah,that’s, Nothing. You can go now.” The principal said calmy, earing a hit to the head by the female teacher.

“Yah you Kim Joon! Why’d you keep messing around with me?!” yell Eunjung as she standing in front of the principal.

“Hahahaha, because it is fun Jungie-ah.” Joon replied while rubbing his head. “But your punch really hurt Jungie-ah, mind to go easy with me next time?” he continues, only to be replied by a deathly stare from Eunjung who’s already making her way out his room.

Joon smiled as he tidy up the file that was messed up even more because of Eunjung anger burst earlier.  “Well well, something fun is really gonna be happening here.”