Chapter 1

No Matter How Far

Sungmin opened the door to the roof and looked around, it was dark out so it was kind of hard to see but he soon found what he was looking for.  The figure was leaning against one of the ledges that went around the edge, with his knees drawn up to his chest, using them as a headrest.

 

“He’s gone.”

 

The young man sniffled slightly as he said it, hearing the other approach him.

 

Sungmin went and sat next to his dongsaeng. He put his arm around the softly crying boy.  Ryeowook leaned into the hug.

 

“He won’t be gone forever.” Sungmin soothed running his hand up and down Ryeowook’s arm.

 

“Two years is a long time hyung.  Who knows where we’ll be in two years”

 

“In the army.” Sungmin replied with a nudge to Wook’s shoulder.

 

“That’s not funny hyung.”

 

“I know,” sighed Sungmin

 

“but think about it Ryeowook. Who knows where any of us will be tomorrow, or next week, let alone two years from now.  Besides, it’s not about WHERE we are anyway.  We’re family Wookie, we’ll always be together, and it doesn’t matter whether we’re still performing together, or in the army, or living in different countries.  We have formed a bond that cannot be broken.  Until that moon...”

 

He pointed at the full moon that was casting a blue glow over the scene,

 

“falls out of the sky we will be together; and no amount of time or distance can change that. Alright?”

 

He nudged the younger with his shoulder when he didn’t answer.

 

“All-right?” He asked again, slower this time.  Ryeowook nodded, wiping his eyes with the sleeve of his hoodie.

 

“Good.”  They shared a few comfortable quiet moments just looking at the stars, each lost in their own thoughts.  When their reverie was broken by the sound of the access door slamming open.

 

“Yah!  You two, come back inside.  Kyuhyun was able to wheedle some food out of Donghae, and it’s just arrived so get back down here.  Now! Before it gets cold!” 

 

They heard Heechul muttering about how he was NOT some kind of messenger boy, and that he was getting to old for this crap before the door slammed shut again.

 

The two young men on the roof looked at each other and started laughing.  Sungmin got up first and reached a hand down to help Ryeowook to his feet.  They shared a quick brotherly hug and Sungmin headed for the door, he opened it and disappeared inside.  Ryeowook lingered for a moment looking at the stars.  Things may be changing, and they may be about to go their own ways. One thing would never change though.  They were family and NOTHING could or would change that.

 

With that he went through the door and returned to the dorm where dinner and his brothers were waiting for him.

 

 

A/N  Teukie will be going to the army soon, and I keep thinking that a lot of things are about to change, but the fact that they are a family and forever tied together won't.  And well…..I’ll let SuperJunior explain it, (with eng subs) they’re better at it than I am