His Saving Grace

Hidden Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Heechul regretted many things in his life, it was only natural that he did. He regretted letting his sister dress him up like a China doll when they were little, he regretted fighting with his best friend at 7, he regretted never studying a second language harder, and he regretted letting Hangeng walk out of his life. 

September 27th 2011 was forever branded into his mind. Hangeng officially leaving for China, and he didn't do a thing to stop it. Because that was also the day he found out about the mini human growing in his stomach. He couldn't bring himself to tell the other anything as he walked out, and even now Heechul still questions if that was the right or wrong thing to do. 

He went into depression, hardly ever ate and even drank. He could feel his heart clenching of how he almost lost the last piece of Hangeng he had left. Leeteuk thankfully snapped him out of it just before it was too late and he still thanks the elder to this day. 

Then there was the one thing he would never regret. Heechul remembered first holding his precious little daughter minutes after she was born, and came to never regret the surprising pregnancy. June 2nd 2012 became his saving grace. 

Beautiful, small, precious. She was still all those things. Just taller, with less chubby cheeks, and longer hair. 

Heechul watched as she slept besides him. Her fingers were curled around his hand and her hair fanned out behind her. The cute pj's she wore had a colourful polka dot print, which matched his own. She looked so much like him, and at the same time so much like Hangeng. 

He craved these morning moments. His days off when he could spend it all with his precious little star. He hated the fact that he came home late every night to see her asleep in either his sisters or mothers lap. Once, even Donghae took care of her even though it was his personal day off. 

Heechul snapped out of his daze as MiHae scrunched up her nose and let out a small sneeze. A soft chuckle escaped him and he pulled the almost 4 year old closer. Her hands tangled themselves in his T-shirt and she squirmed even closer. 

"MiHae~"

Heechul her straight black hair and lay on his back. He pulled MiHae on top of him and melted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter