Final

All for nothing

Kyungsoo started to walk faster by now.

The stranger behind him kept on following him for days! And may god have mercy on what the man will do to him if he catches Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo.” He heard the man whisper his name. ! That means he’s right behind him! Kyungsoo walked faster and faster until his lungs burned, never realizing that he was running all along. Knees week from all the running, breathes short and head pounding, he found himself right in front of his house, all safe and alone.

He looked around, making sure that his stalker wasn’t around anymore. And when he think that it’s safe enough, he then pulled out the house key and slid it into the door knob. “Soo-ah!” He heard his name again, making him pause.

! Kyungsoo mentally screamed at himself. The stalker caught up to him.

He slowly turned around and to his shock; he saw a very familiar face, standing right in front of him. “Jong In?” He whispered to himself. The said man puffing out air was also breathing hard, like he run away like Kyungsoo did.

“Jong In, what are you doing here?” He asked the tired man, hands sliding up and down the man’s back in a form of comfort. When Jong In caught his breathes and his breathing was back to normal, he then stood up straight and faced Kyungsoo.

“Glad I caught up to you, you run fast.” He then laughed at his own statement, making Kyungsoo very surprised. “I saw down the street and I wanted to talk to you about something but whenever I get close to you, you kept on running!”

Kyungsoo, realizing what just happened, then slapped Jong In’s arm. “You son of a ! I thought I was being followed by some creepy stalker or something!”

Jong In then laughed at the statement of the small guy standing right in front of him.

When Kyungsoo stopped with his tantrum, he then smiled softly to the young boy that was much taller than he is. “Jong In.” He called the boy, “I missed you.” Giving him a warm hug which was also returned back.

“I missed you to hyung.” Jong In whispered back to his hyung,

 

“I came back for you.”

Jong In’s last statement made Kyungsoo stop. What? He thought to himself, He came back for me? Worry written all over his face, making Jong In worried too. “Hyung, are you okay?” He asked.

His hyung suddenly let go off him and turned back to his door, turning the key and opening the lock to his house. “You should come in for a while Jong In, its cold outside.” Kyungsoo stated, inviting the younger to his home.

Both of them entered and are now sitting at the living room with tea place at the coffee table for them.

Jong In took a sip at the tea and moan at the taste, “I missed this tea. I forgot how wonderful you make tea.” Smiling at his hyung.

Kyungsoo smiled back bitterly and drank his tea. “Jong In, I want to talk to you abo-“

“Kai.”

He looked at the younger, “What?”

“Kai, hyung. I go by the name Kai now. I want to forget all about Jong In.” He stated to the older.

“Oh.” Kyungsoo started again. “Kai, I want to talk to you about something.”

Kai looked at him with pure interest and at the same time nervousness. “What is it, hyung?”

Kyungsoo then fiddled with his cup of tea and looked back to Kai, “I’m glad you’re back but……. Why am I the reason that you came back?”

The younger then smiled bitterly at his tea. “Remember, before I left, I told you that I’ll come back for you? That I’ll make sure I’m the one who you’re going to end up with? I came back to fulfill my promise.” Kai then stated, knowing that bringing this topic will bring something bad to their relationship. He just knew something would happen, but he doesn’t know what it is.

Kyungsoo then remembered hat Kai said, cursing him mentally for being stupid.

“Kai, I’m sorry that you wasted all the time, energy and money to be back here.”

The young man looked at him, “Why are you sorry? What are you sorry for, hyung?”

The petite man bit his inner cheeks, worries that he might break the young man’s heart. “I’m engaged.”

 

“What?” Kai asked.

 

“Kai, I’m engaged and I’m getting married it 2 months.”

Kai suddenly laughed at Kyungsoo.

But when he realized that all of this was real, the laugh turned into sobs.

“I-I’m so-sorry, Kai. Please don’t cry.” Kyungsoo murmured to the man in his couch.

“Kyungsoo, please. Please tell me that what you told me was just a joke. That all of that was just a prank. Please.” Kai begged the petite man. And begging was something he never did. Tears still flowing in his eyes, Kai started laughing again. “Please tell me nothing was real. Because, it’s not funny, Kyungsoo. PLEASE!”

“Kai, I-“

“So you meant to say is that, I worked hard for nothing?!” Kai began ranting out his frustrations, laughing while crying much like a mad man. “That I went all the way here from America for nothing? Is that what you’re trying to say?!” Kai screamed at Kyungsoo. “I did everything for you!”

Kyungsoo’s eyes was watering up. “Kai, you were gone for years! I was lonely!”

“So was I!” Kai screamed back. Retorting to Kyungsoo’s statement. “I too was lonely at the states, but I never cheated on you! I worked hard! I did my best and remind myself that Why would I date him or her when I have you right here!”

Kai angry at the same time disappointed. “So don’t you dare tell me that you were lonely.” Kyungsoo fought back a sob but a whine was released instead. “I’m sorry.” The petite man apologized.

“Stop saying you’re sorry! Please,  If you’re really sorry then leave him.” Kai stated, calming down from his rage.

“What?”

“Leave him, leave him for me. I’ll give you all of me just leave him for me.” Kai stated.

Kyungsoo just shook his head. “I’m sorry.”

“I know you love me, Kyungsoo. So choose me instead.” The dark man pleaded.

Kyungsoo looked at the clock, it’s already dark. “Jong In or Kai, whatever. It was nice meeting you again but it’s already dark. You should go home. I have to go wash up.”

Kai then stood up and went to the door. He opened it and went outside, but before he completely disappeared he turned back and faced Kyungsoo.

“If you ever changed your mind, you know where I am.”

----------------------------