Sarang is a... What?!

C.A.I.L

“Sarang, I’m home!” Myungsoo took off his shoes and stepped into his apartment.

His apartment was medium sized with one bedroom, one kitchen, one bathroom, and one living room. He wasn’t lacking in money, but at the same time he wasn’t rich. It was fortunate that he was able to find this apartment for a reasonable price, and it was also quite decent considering that it was not too small or too big.

That was perfect since he was living by himselfhis parents were living in another area even though they were also in Seouland a big apartment would be too spacious for a single person to live in, but at the same time he wasn’t really lonely without his parents. It was that way at first, but he eventually got used to it. Also, it wasn’t like he was living completely alone.

A white Scottish Fold cat with grey spots ran over and jumped into his arms. “Sarang, did you miss me that much?” Myungsoo smiled as he petted the cat between her ears. Sarang purred in satisfaction and closed her eyes to fully enjoy the petting. 

Yup, he lives with a cat. That’s why he wasn’t completely alone. He had a pet after all, and pets were pretty much like family. And to him, Sarang was his family and companion. It was also a good thing that Sarang was a more cheerful and playful cat rather than a more stereotypical one that is grouchy and only takes naps all of the time. Seeing her run to him every time he calls her when he gets home was enough to make a bad day turn good.

Myungsoo then went over to the couch and sat down with Sarang still in his arms. “Sarang, I tried talking to the people in my office again today.”

Sarang’s eyes were still closed since he was petting her, but he knew that she was listening. “They ignored me again.” He sighed and her eyes shot open this time.

“Meow~”  

Myungsoo nodded. “I know right, I don’t understand why they won’t talk to me. The only time that they would talk to me is when they want me to run errands,” he said. “I’m not even an intern anymore, so why do they keep ordering me to get them coffee?”

“Meow~”

Myungsoo nodded again. “I know, the sunbaes are always so lazy and bossy at the same time.”

Sarang nodded like she understood. Myungsoo smiled. “Thanks for understanding and letting me talk bad about my sunbaes for once,” he said as he started petting her again. “But Sarang…”

Sarang perked up by the mention of her name. “Seolhyun talked to me again,” he said excitedly. “She was as nice as usual. You should have seen her, she looked like a goddess.” He goofily smiled like a love-struck puppy.

He then turned to Sarang and stopped petting her. “Should I confess to her?” he asked. “She’s been nice to me for a whole year. I think that it’s a sign telling me that I should try, right?”

Sarang sat straight up and nodded her head.

Myungsoo smiled and picked her up. “Sarang…” He looked her in the eyes. “You’re the best when it comes to advice.” He smiled and kissed her on the top of her head before putting her down again.

“Tomorrow, I’m going to confess to her,” he said with a determined face.


 

“Seolhyun-ssi…” Myungsoo mumbled.

Seolhyun was too engrossed into her work and didn’t even notice Myungsoo calling her. Myungsoo hesitated, but decided to call her again.

“Seolhyun-ssi…” he repeated, a little louder this time.

Seolhyun finally noticed him calling her and looked up. “What is it, Myungsoo-ssi?” she asked. She then flashed him a smile that made him blush.

“U-um… I h-have s-something to tell you…”

Seolhyun furrowed her eyebrows in curiosity. “What do you have to tell me, Myungsoo-ssi?”

“U-um… c-can we find a p-place with less people?” he asked. “I-It’s kind of personal.”

Seolhyun thought for a minute before nodding and getting up. They both walked to a more secluded area and stopped in front of a window. Myungsoo looked around and saw that nobody was there except for them.

“U-um…” he started. He looked at the ground nervously. “I-I... li-like…” 

After saying the first two words of his confession, it suddenly became harder to say the third and final word that would complete it. Not to mention that the first two words were hard enough to say and the last word was not any easier than the first. The word 'you' was waiting to come out from his mouth, but for some reason got caught in his throat. It was like that very annoying and irritating moment when you want to sneeze, but you just can't sneeze because your sneeze decided that it would be funny to annoy you for a little bit longer and not come out.

“What is it, Myungsoo-ssi?” Seolhyun tried to look at his face, but it was hard to do so since he was facing the ground. This also caused for his long bangs to create a curtain and cover most of his visual.

Myungsoo gulped and took deep breaths. *Calm down Myungsoo, you will confess today. You’re able to do it!* he thought. He kept telling himself encouraging words before lifting his head and closing his eyes.

“I-I like you!”

Myungsoo kept his eyes closed after finally being able to blurt out his confession, and waited for a response. After a long minute of silence, he slowly opened his eyes out of confusion from not hearing an answer. What he saw next that caused for his insides to twist and turn in a negative way was something that he did not want to see. Seolhyun was frowning. Her beautiful smile was gone, her eyes emotionless.

“Myungsoo-ssi, I’m sorry but…” She looked at him from head to toe before scrunching her face up. “You’re just not my type.”

Myungsoo was crestfallen. “B-but you were so nice to me…” he started. “Didn’t that mean that you had some feelings for me?”

She quickly shook her head and had a bewildered look in her eyes. “No,” she said. “I was just being nice to you since everyone else wasn’t.”

Myungsoo was shocked by what she said. “S-So you were only nice to me out of... pity?”

Seolhyun nodded. “I’m sorry Myungsoo-ssi, but you shouldn’t take my kindness as a sign that I like you,” she said.

Myungsoo froze in place. It was just pity… it was just pity… The image of Seolhyun saying what she said repeated in his head.

“Myungsoo-ssi?” Seolhyun waved a hand in front of him, but there was no response. She then sighed and started feeling really bad and guilty for breaking the poor guy’s heart. She started to regret being so blunt, but it wasn't her fault that she was shocked when he told her that her friendliness to him was a sign of her liking him. Sure, she liked him as an acquaintance and she thought that he was quite cute despite the horrible fashion sense and long, messy hairstylethat was a little too long for her likingbut it was not anywhere near being attracted to him or even having feelings for the guy.

Seeing that he was not moving and just simply staring at the ground, she quickly tried to find a way out of it. She disliked breaking hearts like this, but at the same time she was kind of used to it. She is Park Seolhyun after all, and it’s not unusual for her to get confessions here and there, but it didn't mean that she didn't feel guilty every time she had to refuse one.

“Myungsoo-ssi, if you don’t mind then I’ll head back to my cubicle first. I still haven’t eaten lunch yet or even finished my project.” She smiled at him apologetically before leaving him alone.

Myungsoo was left staring at the floor in a pit of depression, rejection, and overall sadness. “It was just out of pity…” he muttered to himself. “It was just out of pity…”

 

Outside the window, a figure shook her head in disapproval. “I told him to dress nicer today, but he just wouldn’t listen,” she said to herself. She watched him as he stood there, still frozen in place.

“I can’t sit and watch anymore, I have to do something.” She took one last glance at him before walking away.


 

The first thing Myungsoo did when he got home was taking off his suit jacket and harshly throwing it to the side. He then went into his bedroom and collapsed onto the bed. “AH!!!” he screamed into a pillow. He let out all of his frustration, embarrassment, and sadness of being rejected into the loud, human made noise and didn’t care if his neighbors heard him.

When his throat started to hurt, he stopped and lied back onto his back. “She rejected me… she only pitied me…” He stared blankly at his white ceiling while mumbling the same thing over and over again.

All of a sudden, Sarang came in and sat on his chest. “Meow”

Myungsoo looked away from the ceiling and at Sarang instead. He saw her big round eyes and her cute little face and started feeling comforted. “Sarang~” he said as he brought her into his arms and hugged her.  “She rejected me!”

Myungsoo continued hugging her. He loved how he could always count on her to comfort him, even if she didn’t know how to talk. He then lied on his side and buried his face into her fur. “Sarang, you didn’t come home with me out of pity, right?”

“Meow”

“I’ll take that as a no.” He hugged her closer to him. “At least you didn’t reject me when I asked you to come home with me,” he said as he remembered the first time they met.

 

flashback

“Aww, you poor kitten.” Myungsoo crouched down in front of the kitten and looked at it sadly. “Do you have a family?”

He saw the kitten shaking its head, which caused for him to furrow his eyebrows. 'Weird, it seems like this kitten understands me,' he thought

He then shook the thought out of his head before nodding in understanding. “But you can’t stay out here in the cold,” he said. He thought about taking the kitten home, but decided not to. He was too busy being an intern and was so close to being an official worker at the company, which pretty much meant that he had to focus every ounce of his mind and body towards those things in order to achieve his goals. Lately, he had been working extra hours and staying at the company late at night, so he was afraid that if he took the kitten in then he wouldn’t be able to take care of it properly.

He then took off his scarf and wrapped it around the kitten. “There… at least now you wouldn’t be as cold.” He smiled at it before walking off.

 

“You’re still here?”

He crouched down in front of the kitten again.

“Meow”

“Are you hungry?”

It nodded.

Myungsoo took out a fish sausage from his pocket and broke a piece off. “Here…” He held out his palm in front of the kitten’s face.

The kitten saw the sausage and instantly grabbed it into its mouth before chewing happily. Myungsoo saw how adorable the kitten looked while it ate and started smiling as he petted it. “You’re really cute, you know that?” he said as the kitten continued eating.

He kept seeing the kitten from then on. Every day he would bring something for it to eat and would talk to it about everything in his life, from work to personal issues, to even dreams and ambitions. Without even knowing, he pretty much told it about his life day by day without leaving a single detail out, and before you could successfully say hubba bubba bubble gum really fast 5 timeswhich I highly doubt that you can—he had already grown an attachment to the kitten.

 

A month later, he went to the usual place where the kitten was. “Sarang~” he called out when he didn’t see her. He already decided to name her Sarang a few weeks ago since he thought that it was a cute name and for some reason he felt like it fitted her.

And if you’re wondering how he knew that she was a ‘her’, well, he just asked her if she was a boy and she shook her head no, so he concluded that she was a girl. And yes, it was that simple.

“Sarang~” he called out again.

He looked around for her, but didn’t see her anywhere. “Did she leave?” he asked himself with furrowed eyebrows. He took another minute to search the area for her, but there was no trace of the little kitten anywhere. He then sighed sadly after his unsuccessful search attempt for the kitten before starting off towards work.

 

Myungsoo came home that day feeling depressed. He usually talked to Sarang every morning before he left for work and every evening/night after work about his day and also about his problems, so that he could get it off his chest. But he didn’t see her that morning and he didn’t see her now.

“Sarang, where are you?” he said sadly as he looked around for her. After spending 10 minutes looking around the area again, he still couldn’t find her. He then sighed and walked into his apartment complex with his head down.

The whole walk from the entrance of the apartment complex, to the elevator, to his front door was solemn. He stared blankly at his keypad and typed in his passcode. As he was about to open the door, he heard something.

“Meow”

Myungsoo stopped what he was doing and slowly looked over. He then smiled in happiness when he saw the kitten that he had looked everywhere for. “Sarang!” he said joyfully as he picked her up and hugged her. “I missed you so much! Where were you today?”

“Meow”

“Yeah, I know, it doesn’t matter. It’s already good enough that you’re still here!” He cuddled her for a few minutes before holding her in front of him. “Sarang, do you want to come home with me?” he asked.

“Meow”

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. “Are you asking why?”

Sarang nodded.

“Well, without you I don’t have any friends. Actually, I do, but they’re all busy and I don’t have anyone to talk to at home,” he explained. “So will you come home with me? Will you become my friend and comfort my lonely soul?”

Sarang looked like she was thinking for a minute, but then she nodded.

Myungsoo instantly smiled and held her to his chest as he walked into his apartment. “Sarang…” He waved his arm around to showcase his apartment before smiling at her. “Welcome to your new home!”

 

So that was how they met a year ago and how he ended up bringing her home. It was pretty much that same old story about a lonely person that lives alone finding a cute little cat, or any other animal, and taking them home with them because who can resist a cute, small animal?

“But I’m such a loser, right?” Myungsoo asked as he remembered the rejection. “I actually thought that she was nice to me because she liked me. Only an idiot like me would think that.”

“Meow”

“Sarang, did you just call me an idiot?”

“Meow”

Myungsoo frowned, but ended up nodding in the end. “You’re right; I did call myself that also.” He then looked down at her. “But you know Sarang, sometimes you can be very mean.”

“Meow”

Myungsoo pouted. “Psh, there’s no way that I would believe that I’m meaner than you. A mean person would have not even thought about taking you home to live with them, so I am definitely not mean,” he said as he childishly stuck his tongue out at her. Sarang rolled her eyes. It seemed like she was already used to his ways. After that, he then sighed again for the millionth time. “But how am I going to go back to work? I’m too embarrassed to even show my face.”

“Meow”

“You’re right, I should go anyway. My boss would probably not like it if he found out that I stayed home, and I’m not even sick or anything so I wouldn’t have a good excuse. I guess I just have to it up and pretend like nothing happened.” He then closed his eyes. “But at this rate, I’ll never succeed in love. Seolhyun was the only girl that ever talked to me at work, and even she rejected me.” He was lying there in silence for a moment, when a voice suddenly spoke out of nowhere.

“You’re going to succeed in love, and I’m going to make sure of it.”

Myungsoo’s eyes shot open and he frantically looked around for the female voice. “What, who said that?!” He hugged Sarang closer to him to protect her from the possible burglar, but he then noticed that she felt bigger and he couldn’t feel her soft fur anymore. He then looked down at Sarang. “Sarang, why do youAH!”

He screamed when he saw the pair of dark brown eyes with a human face staring up at him. “Who are you?!” he yelled as he pushed her away.

“Ah!” the girl screamed when she fell onto the floor. She then got up and glared at him. “Yah! We’ve known each other for a year and you never pushed me off the bed when we cuddled, so why did you do that now?!”

Myungsoo looked at the girl like she was crazy. “I never met you before in my whole life!” he said. “And when have I ever cuddled you?”

“Like just before you pushed me off the bed!” she replied.

Myungsoo then remembered how he felt a large, life-sized figure in his arms and remembered how he was hugging her waist when she looked up at him. The thought made him blush and he quickly shook it away. “I was hugging my cat, Sarang!” he said. “But where is she? And who are you?”

She got on the bed and sat in front of him. Seeing her actions, he scooted as far away from her as possible and held a pillow in front of him like a shield. She then looked him in the eyes, pointed at herself, and said, “I’m Sarang.”

He didn’t say anything and blinked at her for a moment before bursting out in laughter. “Ahaha! You must be crazy. You’re not Sarang. Sarang is a cat, and you’re a human. You must be a psycho to think that you’re Sarang,” he said as he continued laughing.

The girl groaned. “I knew this would happen,” she muttered to herself.

Suddenly, there was a puff of smoke and the girl was gone. Myungsoo looked around his room for the girl, and then sighed in relief when he didn’t see her. He then saw Sarang sitting in front of him and quickly scooped her up. “Sarang, we’ve got to get out of here. I think a deranged girl that escaped a mental asylum just broke into our house.”

He started running towards the front door with Sarang in his arms, but skidded to a stop when he heard the girl’s voice again. “Deranged? Do l look like I’m deranged?”

It sounded like it was coming from in front of him, but he didn’t see the girl anywhere. “Where is she?” he asked himself as he looked around his living room. “Is she a ghost? Is that why I can’t see her?”

“I’m not a ghost,” she said from somewhere. There was another puff of smoke and before he knew it, Sarang was gone and the girl that he saw from before replaced her in his arms. “I’m a C.A.I.L, a counselor of attraction, infatuation, and love.”

Myungsoo was still staring at the girl in shock when the world suddenly became darker and he out.


 

“Yah, yah, Kim Myungsoo…”

Myungsoo could feel someone slapping his cheeks repeatedly, and slowly opened his eyes. “Are you awake yet?”

Myungsoo laid there for a second, staring at the girl in front of him, before widening his eyes and screaming. “Who in the world are you and what are you doing to me?!” he shouted in a state of panic. He then frantically looked around the room to see if he woke up in a basement where a crime scene involving him might have taken place.

The girl sat next to him and covered her ears. “Like I said before, I’m a C.A.I.L, and I’m here to help you with your love life.”

Myungsoo stopped what he was doing and looked at her blankly. He took some time to process what she said before coming back to reality. “My… love life?”

The girl nodded. “Yup, your love life,” she repeated. “And I’m also your cat, Sarang, if you’re wondering where she is.”

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. He looked at her from head to toe. The girl had long dark brown hair, big round eyesthat reminded him of his cat except it looked more like a human’s eyes instead of a feline’sand she was also wearing a white dress with a light brown, small shoulder bag that had a long strap. There was also a silver necklace around her neckwhich caught his eye for some reasonwith a round pendant hanging from it, that had a heart shaped opening that lets you see the hour and minute hand inside. Her attire and appearance reminded him of an angel, and that was the first thing that came out of his mouth.

“Are you an angel that came down here to help me with my love life?” he asked.

She held back a laugh when she heard what he said, but then shook her head. “Nope, I’m a C.A.I.L, a counselor of affection, infatuation, and love,” she answered. “Also, please tell me that you finally understand what C.A.I.L stands for so that I won’t have to say it again.”

Myungsoo blinked and nodded. She then smiled and said, “Great, now onto your love life-“

“Wait, who are you again?” he asked.

The girl stared at him for a moment before face palming herself. “For the last time, I’m a C.A.I.L, a counselor of-“

“I know that already,” he interrupted. “But are you really my cat... Sarang?” The girl nodded. He stared at her in disbelief. “Really?” he asked again.

The girl nodded again. “Yes,” she said. “I can turn into a cat again if you want-“

“No!” he said. He remembered how he fainted when he saw his beloved cat turning into this deranged girl, and thought that it was best to not see that again until everything else settles into his head. He then looked her in the eyes. “So… you’re… Sarang?”

The girl nodded. “Yup, I’m Sa

“Sarang!” he yelled as he wrapped her into his embrace. “I thought that I lost you!”

Sarang was momentarily shocked, but then smiled and patted his back. “It’s good to see you being your old, cat loving self again and not the guy that thought that I escaped from a mental asylum,” she said.

Myungsoo then broke the hug and laid his hands on her shoulders. “But how did you turn into a human?” He looked all around her to see if he could find something that could answer that question. “I thought that you were a cat this whole time.”

“I am a cat,” she said. “But I’m just… a part time cat.” She saw him furrow his eyebrows and knew that he was confused. She then sighed and said, “Then let me explain.” She pointed a finger at him. “You’re going to pay attention, right?”

Myungsoo nodded obediently and she smiled. “Alright, let me start from the beginning.” She cleared before starting again. “I know that I repeated this many times already, but I’ll say it again for you to understand.” She laid a hand on her chest. “I am a C.A.I.L, a counselor of attraction, infatuation, and love. The job of a C.A.I.L is to help people like youwho don’t know anything about loveto find love.”

Myungsoo nodded in understanding. “But I still don’t understand why and how you can turn into a cat,” he said.

“Well, when you’re a C.A.I.L, you get to choose an animal that you can turn into so that you can move around better, find people to help, etc. Also, we’re only allowed to pick one animal that we’ll be for the rest of our C.A.I.L days, so I picked a cat that can move around quietly and easily. I also picked a cute one too so that I can interact with humans better since humans just can’t resist cuteness.”

She smiled proudly. “And I picked you after looking around for a while, so you should be thankful,” she said. “Not everyone gets to have a C.A.I.L, and especially not one as experienced as me.”

Myungsoo took some time to register it all into his brain. “So my cat, Sarang, is a C.A.I.L, and she will help me with my love life,” he said while nodding in understanding. “But wow, I gave you a pretty relevant name. I’m proud of myself.”

Sarang nodded. “Yup, I really like the name that you gave me,” she said with a smile.

Myungsoo saw her smile and felt something tingly in his heart. A hint of blush was also creeping up on his cheeks and ears. “But let me show you something…” She took his arm and led him out to the balcony.

They were then standing outside, looking at the night sky. “You see those stars up there?” she asked while pointing at the sky.

Myungsoo nodded. “Yeah, I see it.” He looked at her curiously. “What about it?”

“That,” she said with a smile. “Is where I would go and become once I succeed in helping you.”

Myungsoo looked up at the sky again. He then furrowed his eyebrows. “You’ll become a star?” he asked.

Sarang nodded excitedly. “Yup,” she said. She then faced him. “That is why we have to succeed in getting you a love life. I already helped 999 other people, so that means that…” She pointed a finger at him. “…you’re the very last person that I need to successfully help before I can become a star.” She smiled and had a determined look on her face. “So tell me, do you want to have Seolhyun love you back or do you want someone else?”

Myungsoo thought for a moment. He thought about Seolhyun and how his feelings still didn’t waver even though she had rejected him. “I want to get Seolhyun to love me back,” he said determinedly.

Sarang smiled. “Good, be that determined. You need to have confidence, perseverance, and determination when you want to succeed in love.” She gave him two thumbs up before rummaging through her small shoulder bag. She then took out something that looked like a Smartphone.

“Alright, Park Seolhyun…” she mumbled to herself as she tapped on her device.

“What’s that?” he asked, curious. He peeked at her screen and saw her tap on a photo of Seolhyun.

“This, my friend, is my love planner.” She smiled at him. “With this, I can plan a way for you to win Seolhyun’s heart.”

Myungsoo smiled. “Wait, so this thing can make Seolhyun fall in love with me?” he asked excitedly.

Sarang shook her head. “No, this can only help us plan a way for her to fall in love with you,” she replied. His shoulders deflated out of disappointment. Sarang then laid a hand on his shoulder. “Don’t be disappointed. This thing has successfully helped me with finding love for 999 other people like you.”

Myungsoo’s hopes raised a little. “Really?”

She nodded before turning back to her love planner. “Now let’s see what Park Seolhyun likes in a man…” She started scrolling down. “So, she likes confident men, men who look good in suits, men with cute smiles…” She continued scrolling down the very long list. “Wow, this list goes on forever,” she said in surprise.

“The suit,” Myungsoo said out of nowhere. “I think that I look pretty good in a suit.”

“Myungsoo…” She looked at him with a serious face. “If you want to look good in a suit, you need to at least fit into your suit.”

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. “What do you mean?”

“I mean that you cannot, and I repeat, cannot wear a suit that is oversized,” she said.

“But my suit isn’t oversized,” he said. “I think it fits perfectly. I feel really comfortable in it.”

“That’s the problem,” she said. “You bought it a size too big. You’re not supposed to do that.” She then ran back into the apartment and came back a minute later with his suit jacket that he threw onto the floor. “This…” She held the jacket up. “Is way more than a size too big.”

Myungsoo took the jacket and wore it. “But… it’s comfortable,” he said as he slipped into the jacket. He then moved his arms up and down. “I tried on suits that people said fits me perfectly, but it felt… weird… when I tried to move, like I was restrained or something. This was the only suit that didn’t make me feel like that.”

Sarang nodded in understanding. An idea then popped into her head. “But I can fix that.” She smiled and reached into her bag before pulling out a measurement tape. “Take the jacket off,” she said.

Myungsoo looked at her with a confused expression, but did it anyway. “Why do you want me to take my jacket off? It’s pretty chilly out here.”

“Because I need to measure you.” She held the tape measure in her hands. “Lift your arms up.”

Myungsoo obediently lifted his arms. “Why do you need to measure me?” he asked.

“Because I’m going to get you a new suit.” She brought the tape measure around him and measured his chest.

Myungsoo could feel his heart starting to beat faster by how close she was. “W-why are you b-being so close?” he asked. “C-can’t you m-measure from a distance?”

Sarang shook her head. “Myungsoo, nobody measures a suit from a distance,” she replied while concentrating on measuring him.

“B-but-“

“Don’t talk,” she said. “Your chest keeps moving when you’re talking. I can’t measure correctly.” Myungsoo became silent and held his breath. When she was done measuring his chest, she noticed that he wasn’t breathing. An amused smile then grew on her face. “Myungsoo, you can breathe now.”

Myungsoo let out a big breath of air. “Ugh, I thought that I was going to die,” he said while breathing heavily.

Sarang laughed. “You know that you didn’t have to hold your breath right?” she said amusedly. “You can put your arms down now.”

Myungsoo did as told and she started to measure his arms. “I don’t think that I need a new suit,” he said. “Like I said before, my old suit is very comfortable.”

“Yeah, but it looks hideous on you. I’ll get you a new suit that will be both comfortable and fashionable.” She finished measuring his arms and his shoulder width. “Done,” she said happily. “Now onto your neck.”

She was about to measure his neck when he stopped her. “Wait, why do you need to measure my neck?” he asked.

“Because I’m getting you a new dress shirt also,” she replied. “I seriously don’t understand why you also wear an oversized dress shirt with a suit.”

Myungsoo pouted. “But they’re comfortable,” he said. “I hate dress shirts or any shirt that feels too tight.”

Sarang brought the tape measure around his neck. “Well, don’t worry about that…” She took a moment to finish measuring before looking up and smiling at him. “I’ll make sure that I’ll get a comfortable shirt for you that will make you look handsome and also make Seolhyun fall in love with you.”

Myungsoo stopped breathing for a minute when he saw her smile right at him. Her face wasn’t that far away and it made him blush madly. For a second, he forgot all about Seolhyun. “O-Okay,” he stuttered.

Sarang then stepped back and examined him from head to toe. “Myungsoo…” She gave him a weird look. “Did you seriously wear those baggy pants again, and not to mention on your confession day?”

Myungsoo looked down at his pants and furrowed his eyebrows. “I don’t see anything wrong with them,” he said before facing her again.

Sarang face palmed herself in frustration. “Myungsoo, you’re not supposed to wear baggy pants with suits,” she said.

Myungsoo looked at her, puzzled. “Then what should I wear?” he asked.

“Pants that fit you,” she answered. She then pointed at him. “You look like a 6 year old that just found his dad’s pants and wore it to play dress up.”

Myungsoo pouted and looked at his pants again. “But these are comfortable,” he said.

Sarang sighed. “I’m getting you new pants, Myungsoo.” She approached him with a tape measure, but he backed away.

“A-Are you actually going to measure my lower body?” he asked.

Sarang nodded. “Yeah, so come over here and let’s get this over with already.” She tried to take a few steps towards him, but he backed away again.

“Y-you can’t do that,” he stuttered. “I-It was hard enough to let you measure my upper body, b-but measuring my lower body would be s-stepping over the line.”

“Why?” she asked.

“B-because it’s… my own privacy,” he stuttered while blushing.

“But I lived with you for a whole year, I already saw you walking around with only your underwear on,” she said. “So this shouldn’t be that big of a deal.”

Myungsoo took a moment to realize what she said before widening his eyes and covering his chest with his arms. “T-that’s right! You did see me walking around in my underwear!” he said in realization.

 His whole face including his ears became a bright red as the blood rushed to his face in embarrassment. “Y-you know what, j-just forget about the suit. I-I’ll just wear my old one.” He then rushed back inside and went into his bedroom before slamming the door shut.

“Yah! Kim Myungsoo!” Sarang yelled so that he could hear. “We need to get you a new suit! It’s going to be hard for Seolhyun to see you as attractive if you wear suits that are way too oversized!” She waited for a moment to see if he would come back, but he didn’t.

She then shook her head in disapproval. “He’s such an idiot,” she said. “One of the reasons why Seolhyun doesn’t like him is because of the way that he dresses.” She then pulled out her love planner and tapped on Seolhyun’s profile. What she saw next made her eyes widen in shock.

“She’s that uninterested in him?!” hung open in disbelief. She started to think that it was hopeless to get someone like Seolhyun to love someone like Myungsoo, but then quickly shook it out of her head. Thinking negatively wasn’t going to help anything and she knew it. She then nodded to herself.

“Sarang, you can do this. You helped 999 other people. It’s not like helping him is going to be harder than the others.”

She continued nodding to herself and repeated encouraging quotes. But for some reason, she still felt a little uneasy about this mission. She didn’t know why, but it felt like this mission was going to be… difficult.


 

Okay, so the first chapter is out! I decided to release the first chapter since I had already finished it, so why not just update, right? So anyway, the first chapter is out and I hope that you guys liked it.^^