You're Mine, Soo

You're mine, Soo

 

You’re mine, Soo.

 

 

 

The crowd went crazy when they dragged they boy up onto the selling-stage. The sellers were very proud of their capture, sloppily pulling the fragile frame with them as he was too weak to walk properly by himself. The sellers waved happily to their qualified buyers as they enjoyed the view and the loud snicker of ‘wow! he’s gorgeous,’ and ‘damn, I knew they would bring something good today’ and ‘, this is priceless. I’m having him!’. 

 

Throwing the boy onto his knees on the wooden floor of the stage, the two sellers pulls at the boy’s hair in unison, dragging his head backward so everyone can have a good look at his angelic, pure and unnaturally beautiful face. As expected, the crowd of bodies goes wild, screams of approval and amused laughter being heard by far. The sellers shoots their free hands in the hair, screaming right back at them in excitement. 

 

”This is not all, my dear friends. Just look at this body!” one of the sellers celebrates while the other roughly tears off the boy’s only cover of a tiny, old blanket, exposing all of his creamy white skin and eye-drooling curves one could not think a boy would ever own. 

The boy whines in discomfort, too weak to cry as he wraps his two tiny arms around himself in an attempt to shield himself from the crowds hungry eyes and excited shouts. The sellers forbids him, however, gripping him tightly as they give the audience various and perfect views of every corner of his body. 

 

All the while the boy tries to keep his pride in check and his tears intact, all as he tries not to think about his all the eyes that’s eating his body alive. One of his sellers takes all the responsibility of holding the boy in place while the other finds a potential buyer. 

 

”That’s right. That’s right! All this, for the buyer that’s willing to pay the price!” he shouts eagerly, walking forward as he always makes sure that the crowd can see the , exposed boy behind him. The boy keeps his head down, tears creeping through the crack of his closely shut eyes. 

 

”5000 dollars! All in cash right here and now.” a deep voice shouts from the audience.

 

”5000 dollar by the man in black!” the seller shouts back instantly, pointing at the man with a sheepish smile, dollar bills literally glowing in his eyes. It’s quickly dismissed though, with another buyer’s higher offer. 

 

”6000 dollars!” this time it’s a woman’s voice, loud and clinking clear over the disturbing noise of continuous eager whispering. 

 

”6000 dollars by the woman in pink!” the seller immediately repeats, now pointing at her instead. 

 

”Bull, I’ll pay 10.000 dollar!” 

 

”10.000 dollars by the man in a suit! Do we have any-..”

 

”20.000 dollars!” 

 

”30.000 dollar!” 

 

”30.500 dollars!”

 

”50.000 dollar!” 

 

The offers comes rushing in from every corner and aspect, the seller not being able to say anything in-between anymore as he mentally starts drooling by the high numbers being shouted.

 

And it keeps coming. It keep rising. 

 

”And guess what! HE’S A !” 

 

-

 

 

Kai curses his own ability to loose track of his GPS, finding his loss utterly disturbing as he climbs out of his car and harshly slams the door shut behind him. Looking around, Kai ponders on who to ask for directions just as he hears roaring shouts from a cheap marked near by. Kai narrows his eyes in suspicion when he hears what the eager shouts is calling, eyebrows knitting together as he starts walking towards it. 

 

What the heck?

 

Rounding the corner, Kai is met with the sight of cheap-clothed and dirtied humans that should rather be called skinny sticks, standing behind endless rows of booths, selling... garbage? Kai doesn’t even want to know, but directions they should be able to provide. Or so at least he hopes. 

 

Kai confidently takes a walk, mentally pointing out the one person that looks the most appealing and down-to-earth while gracefully aiming at the person’s direction. As he gets closer, the appealing, well-dressed person disappears around another corner and Kai speeds up to follow. When he reaches, a large crowd standing below a larger stage makes him stop in his track. The person Kai was keeping his eyes on, pushes himself deep into the crowd and joins in with the hideous, loud screaming they’re all doing. Kai wrinkles his nose, stepping closer to hear and see what this is all about.

 

”100.000!!”

 

”200.000 dollar!” 

 

”300.000!!!” 

 

Kai feels even more lost now than he did when he lost his GPS. Forcing his way through, Kai shoves at every human being standing in his way. He glares at every person gesturing to protest, the evil gleam in his eyes shutting their mouths immediately. As Kai gets closer, he gets able to finally and clearly see what everyone is so excited about - excitement that’s with a good reason. 

 

The boy, on his knees, - showing off all his glorious creamy skin, juicy thighs, perky pink s, a perfectly flat abdomen that screams for-.. His face. Dark brown hair, sweaty and ruffled, eyes shut in a cry as tears runs freely, pink lips curved in devastation and cheeks flushed in embarrassment. 

 

Kai breathes out heavily, swearing he just felt his heart start beating for real in twenty years. Looking at the angel in front of him, Kai swears he just got a chance to see heaven appear in the grey sky and open up it’s world. Kai really swears that he’d drop to his knees if it wasn’t for his everlasting pride - show no weaknesses. All though Kai knows he, who has never owned a weakness ever before, just gained one. 

 

Warm to his toes, Kai loves that boy. Already. He loves him. And he shall not allow any of these despicable, dirty-minded idiots of an erted audience look at his holy property for another single minute. 

 

”1 million!” Kai shouts, his voice drowning out everyone else’s as he pierces his eyes into the seller on the stage. The seller grins widely, but his eyes shows nothing else but pure shock and successful accomplishment. Kai will happily bid his entire fortune to get that angel, but he’s skeptical to give the sellers a fortune they highest definitely do not deserve.

 

Everyone stares at Kai, surprise written on their faces as they give him skeptical looks. Kai stands his ground determinedly, glaring at everyone that dares to meet his eyes.  But then, slowly and carefully, the breakable angel boy slowly lifts his head, eyes big with shock, surprise and fear meeting Kai’s gaze.

 

Kai’s heart drops. Down to his toes and up again and into his brain, taking a spinning ride as his eyes almost pop out of his skull by the boy’s breathtaking, glowing big, round eyes with that deep color of brown. When his heart is back to where it belongs, Kai knows it isn’t himself that owns it any longer. Kai’s heart, his heart now belongs to that boy. The entire bleeding flesh of a muscle, all his. 

 

”1 million. The handsome man in dark blue suit said 1 million! Anyone willing to go higher than that?” the seller shouts excitedly, just as Kai is starting to notice the man holding the angel down with force, definitely creating a whole lot of bruises on that cream white skin of his. There is no words to describe how Kai immediately sees black and hell’s fire all at once. 

 

The crowd remains silent for once, everyone looking around, staring each other down as their shoulders raise in question and dirty fingers scratches onto sweaty foreheads. 

 

But. 

 

”3 freaking millions. Now give me that boy!” a man in suit shouts from across the area they’re all placed in, glaring at Kai with all his might. But Kai’s glare can no one compete with, and the other man seems to back down just the slightest, stunned and caught of guard by Kai’s cold boldness. 

 

”6 million dollar.” Kai hisses, giving the man his sharpest, crudest stare and holds it, proudly watching as the man backs off and shuts his mouth. 

 

”Anyone bidding higher!? Anyone? No?” the seller looks around one last time. ”SOLD to the handsome man!” 

 

The audience applauses, hands patting Kai’s shoulder in congratulations, all though it all passes Kai by, the reason being the rage that blossoms up deep within him when the two sellers shovels some .. pills? down the angel’s throat and harshly, or rather violently pulls him from the floor and throws him in front of them to walk behind the stage. The seller turns just in time, waving Kai over with a happy grin. 

 

Kai doesn’t hesitate, discreetly pulling out his pocket knife as the many hundreds of people starts dismissing themselves from the location. 

 

If he can’t kill, he’ll make sure to give them serious damage.  

 

 

*

 

 

Do Kyungsoo flutters his eyes open, an ongoing, glowing TV being the first thing he sees, blending his poor eyesight from working properly. He groans instantly, head shifting to hide into the soft pillow beneath him. A pillow scented with a cologne Kyungsoo has never experienced to have smelled before. A pillow that can’t possibly be a pillow, it’s soft, but not that soft and it’s then Kyungsoo notices his position, just as something beneath him moves carefully. Kyungsoo is lying in the arms of someone, his backside pressed gently against someone’s heaving chest as two strong and warm arms tightens the hold on his aching body. 

 

Kyungsoo finds it quite funny, actually, turning his head drastically to see the face of his keeper. It’s a man, so Kyungsoo figured, smiling warmly at him as he lies down a thick book beside him at the bed. No, sofa. Apparently, they’re in a living room, which explains the TV. 

 

With dazed and foggy eyes Kyungsoo smiles back, head spinning as he tries to move again. When did he go drunk? Kyungsoo can’t remember drinking. 

 

”So, so, little Angel. Those idiots drugged you, but you’ll be fine in a bit. Just relax.” the man says behind him, voice deep and controlled. Kyungsoo looks up at the man again after intensely having checked out his appealing collarbones, and when he does, he can’t help but feel some sort of recognition. 

 

Have he seen this man before?

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t know, so he giggles while wondering why the mouth of the man is moving as he talks but no sound comes out. Kyungsoo continues to stare, seeing the man smile happily at him as he’s probably mocking Kyungsoo’s own happy smile. 

 

How warm, how safe, how soft this man is, holding Kyungsoo in his arms with such gentleness. How kind, to be smiling back so lovingly. 

 

Kyungsoo purrs without noticing, all as he’s snuggling deeper into the man’s embrace.  The latter seems to like this very much, his smile widening as he fully welcomes Kyungsoo’s cravings. 

 

”Habe neber seen you bebore...” Kyungsoo mumbles, unaware of his own failing of pronunciation. 

The man seems to chuckle, tucking a blanket Kyungsoo didn’t notice, closer around him as he shivers. 

 

”That’s... alright.... Though... you’ll.... be... seeing... me.... a lot.. from now on.” the man talks awfully slow, now that the sound of his voice if finally reaching Kyungsoo’s ears, and Kyungsoo is wondering if the man is suffering some kind of disease. 

 

Kyungsoo stretches out a comforting hand, patting the man’s cheek as to say sorry. The male looks puzzled by the other’s facial expression, eyes narrowing in confusion.

 

”It mast be tard to liwe with youar disease.” Kyungsoo’s tongue curls as he speaks, and he finds it awfully annoying, but he figures he shouldn’t complain. It’s not him that’s suffering a disease here.

 

What’s even more surprising, is the man’s throw of the head as it falls back, his mouth open in bubbly laughter Kyungsoo can just slightly hear over the fog in his ears.

 

Slowly, Kyungsoo smiles.

 

”Disease?” the man laughs, hand shooting up to sooth Kyungsoo’s flushed cheek lovingly, and Kyungsoo doesn’t even flinch. 

 

Kind man. 

 

But as Kyungsoo continues to stare up at him, his eyes starts to flutter shut, and his body seems to press itself further into the other’s body. Kyungsoo lets out a pitch of nonsense before finally giving in to the sleep that wants to overtake him. 

 

The man whispers something in his ear, blowing warm breath onto his skin as his body goes limp.

 

Kyungsoo falls asleep to the whisper.

 

My Angel.

 

-

 

The next time Kyungsoo wakes up he’s awoken by a throbbing headache. His body is heavy and exhausted, strength lost as he tries to demand his body to move. All though he’s lying pretty comfortable, there’s this urge that tells him to get up and get a glass of water. Kyungsoo’s mouth have never been this dry before. 

 

Making a lewd sound of discomfort as he shifts, Kyungsoo is met with the feeling of a blanket on top of him and soft pillows beneath him, nearly swallowing him up in their fluffiness. 

 

Strange. Kyungsoo could have sworn he never lied down to sleep here-..

 

It’s then Kyungsoo’s big eyes shoots open in surprise, his upper body jolting up in upright position as he takes in the very unfamiliar place he’s placed in. Currently, he’s lying in a sofa, stuffed with hundred of pillows that keeps him from rolling out of it. Beside, there’s a little glass table, decorated with a simple white candle and some remotes. Which leads to the TV in front, still on. Have he seen that TV before?

 

Chills runs down Kyungsoo’s spine when he realizes. 

 

If he’s here... that means..

 

A rush of memories comes knocking at his consciousness, making his face go pale and his blood run cold. 

 

The guy.. the man that bought him.. what have the guy done to him while he was drugged down? Because Kyungsoo knows very well that the sellers drugged him with those pills, and any person would be a fool not to take advantage of him when in that state. 

 

Kyungsoo, with tears of fear in his eyes, starts shifting hesitantly in the sofa, trying to feel any numbness or pain that may have been caused on his body. When feeling nothing but the headache, Kyungsoo relaxes just a little, gulping loudly as he notices he’s fully dressed. The man dressed him...

 

Kyungsoo looks around carefully, afraid he might spot his buyer anywhere and force an earlier interaction than necessary. As his eyes travels the room, he’s surprised that it’s so... normal, but wealthy. Everything seems to be of best quality, and the furnitures goes with the color white or light grey. It’s neat, Kyungsoo can’t see a single dust particle anywhere. All though, what did Kyungsoo expect? The guy bought him for six million dollars!

 

As he continues to soundless sit and stare, Kyungsoo wonders why there’s no one here, deciding to climb out of the sofa. Turning to his left, he sees a big glass of water placed by the tall table beside him. Kyungsoo downs it instantly all the while he feels his bladder protest and order him to find a bathroom this instant. But Kyungsoo won’t do that, cause he can’t let this chance escape him. There is no one here, it’s worth a try getting away. 

 

Kyungsoo silently places the glass back, looking around for an exit. As he spots it, legs are already moving towards the wooden door in the end of the room. 

 

”Going somewhere?” an amused voice chuckles behind him, making Kyungsoo stop in his track and spin around, eyes big with surprise. He was sure there was no one else there with him. The same second Kyungsoo sees him, a thunder of new waves of aches attacks his head and makes him squeeze his eyes and groan. 

 

Seconds after, there’s hands on his shoulder, gently pushing him in the direction of the sofa again. 

 

”Hey, come sit down. You’re not well yet.” the voice is soft, kind, but Kyungsoo still shakes the guy’s hands off and steps major steps away from him. 

 

”Please,” Kyungsoo begs, tears already in his eyes again. ”I don’t want this.” 

 

The man narrows his eyes with.. hurt? and drags a hand through his hair as his eyes never leaves Kyungsoo’s poor frame. Kyungsoo can’t the deny the guy’s young age and very handsome features, his tall and muscular body which without doubt attracts him. 

 

”I didn’t mean to scare you.” slowly, gently, like he’s talking to a little child. ”My name is Kim Jongin, but please, call me Kai.” 

 

Kai’s face cracks into a smile, a row of white, perfectly organized teeth flashing before Kyungsoo’s sight as Kai’s eyes glows confidently. 

 

”May I have the honor to know your own?” 

 

If Kyungsoo didn’t pay attention, he wouldn’t have noticed the movement of Kai’s little ’discreet’ step forward. Kyungsoo shakes his head in reply - if he still have a choice, he won’t tell this man anything. 

 

Kai looks puzzled, but other than that nothing in his kind expression changes. 

 

”Well then, you don’t have to... yet.” Kai softly speaks, a weak smile on his lips. ”But please, sit. You’re still weak.”

 

Kyungsoo frowns in discomfort, a horrifying thought appearing in his head. ”I am not weak!  Don’t you dare try anything! You may have bought me, but you do not own me. I am my own. So I’m warning you, I’m not weak and I will harm you if you so much as-..”

 

A loud chuckle then escapes Kai’s open-smiling mouth as he shakes his head and steps forwards, directly cutting off Kyungsoo’s angry mutterings. As Kai comes closer, Kyungsoo takes steps backwards, a silly attempt to keep the distance between them while swallowing hard. The courage from earlier drains out of him instantly, replacing itself with ice cold fear. 

 

Kyungsoo should not have said that. He should not have said that. 

 

Trapping Kyungsoo up against the wall on the other side of the white painted room, bodies centimeters apart from each other as Kai makes sure to keep it that way. Kyungsoo notices this before locking his big, horror filled eyes with Kai’s amused ones.

 

”That’s alright. I apologize for calling you weak, but it wasn’t quite what I meant. The drugs, I am sure you can’t feel hundred precent at ease yet and that you must have a terrible headache. I bet you’re starving right now, you’re dehydrated - don’t think I didn’t see how you practically couldn’t drink fast enough just minutes ago. There’s a guarantee that you have the highest urge to use the bathroom and on top of it all, I am utterly aware of your horrifying fear for what will happen to you both now and in the future.” 

 

Kyungsoo blinks several times, stunned by the exact description of his own well-being and feelings by this stranger. Kai just smiles, a smile that reaches his dark, deep eyes that are piercing it’s way into Kyungsoo’s this very moment. There is no joke when Kyungsoo says he can’t tear his gaze away. Impossible. Kyungsoo has never in his long, horrible eighteen years of life ever met or seen such a lovingly stare ever before. 

 

Like a lover dreaming himself into the other’s soul and waving off on a pink cloud of cotton candy while the fountain of love runs by. 

 

”I know, who am I to just buy you and command you, force you to stay with me? All though I have the papers of being your rightful owner... but still, I know your past. I know what happened to you, what you went through and what you’re going through.” Kai mutes himself when Kyungsoo draws a sharp breath of air into his lungs, mouth shutting tight while eyes tears up. Memories comes flashing in, tearing down his pride step by step while eating all of his common sense.

 

Kai continues to stare intensely before speaking up again.

 

”And I’m sorry. Really, really sorry. I could let you go right now, let you leave this house... but where will you go? You have no friends, no family, no connections..” Kai holds up a finger when Kyungsoo opens his mouth to protest. ”Don’t even try to tell me otherwise, I know all about you.”

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t believe his ears. ”How?” is his only question.

 

Kai smiles reassuringly. ”I have my researches.” Kai waves a hand though, like it’s nothing. Not important. ”What I’m trying to say is that.. I’m offering you to stay. I won’t touch you, I won’t hurt you, I won’t do anything you’re uncomfortable with.”

 

Kyungsoo is far worse than confused. Why would this man want to help him like this? It can’t be for free, can it? Kai bought him, took him home, offers his house... there must be a meaning behind it. Something he wants. 

 

”No, I know what you’re thinking, and believe me or not, but I don’t want anything in return... At least, not yet.” Kai smiles sadly this time, but it’s not directed towards Kyungsoo. But, that isn’t going to stop Kyungsoo from reacting to his statement with refusal. 

 

”What do you mean ‘not yet’!? Tell me what you want from me!” Kyungsoo’s rage sinks and fades when Kai suddenly presses his body up against his’. With faces inches apart, Kai breathes warm breath onto Kyungsoo’s nose as he looks down at him with sudden darker eyes. Not intimidating, but darker, more dominant. Kai traps Kyungsoo’s head in-between his elbows that lies flat against the wall and leans even closer than before. Kai catches Kyungsoo’s hesitant and scared eyes with his and steadily holds the other’s gaze.

 

”I mean, I don’t demand you to love me now. You’ll love me when you’re ready... which means, I don’t want anything from you, yet. But later, I would love that you return my love.” 

 

Kyungsoo gasps. Is he crazy!? ”Are you crazy!?” 

 

”No. But don’t you think you deserve it? To be loved for once in your life? To have someone to look after you, cherish you, love you, make you happy, keep you safe? I can do all that and more, and it’s only natural to love such a person, don’t you think?” 

 

Kyungsoo blinks with wide eyes, speechless by the words Kai spoke and when he didn’t think his eyes could get any bigger, Kai whispers the unthinkable and Kyungsoo blushes as his eyes, in fact, widens even more, warm tears filling them.

 

”Oh.., you’re so breathtakingly beautiful, Do Kyungsoo.” 

 

Kai already knew Kyungsoo’s name. Of course he did. 

 

And it was here the process started, the very beginning of Kai’s flawless plan. 

 

*

 

 

And so it went. Kai kept seducing Kyungsoo with sweet actions and lovingly words. For the first few months Kai did nothing but trying to gain the smaller’s trust. Kyungsoo was very hesitant, he even tried to escape once, but Kai’s words ringed in his head when he opened the front door. Kai wouldn’t stop him, yet.. he managed to do just that. 

 

There’s bad people out there, Kyungsoo. I don’t want anyone to hurt you. The world is cruel at every single corner, always a demon soul trying to the life out of you. You’re safe here.”

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t get himself to leave. Not that day, and not the night after. 

Still, Kyungsoo couldn’t understand why Kai did this - take care of him, feed him, provide him clothes, a bed to sleep in, warmth and all necessary health issues. Actually, anything, everything. Kyungsoo only had to point. 

 

Neither would Kai crave anything back.

 

As days passed by, weeks passed by. As months passed by, half a year had already gone and Kyungsoo found himself noticing small things about Kai he didn’t notice before.

It seemed that Kai slowly appeared more and more in his true form, as Kyungsoo called it, because the older would often say things that didn’t make sense... but at the same time, Kyungsoo understood.

 

Kai made good things turn into bad things, positive to negative, great to awful as he would make negative to worse, bad to horrible, horrible to outrageously wrong and cruel. He knew it all, and Kyungsoo listened or watched with big eyes every time. 

 

Because why would someone lie about such things?

 

Walking hand in hand, Kai and Kyungsoo are on their way to a little shop where Kai is going to provide himself with something that’s ‘highly important.’ Kyungsoo never asks questions anymore, but he wanted to follow his lover and get some fresh air. As they walk, they reach a playground, filled with laughing children. Kyungsoo smiles upon seeing the sight and tugs at Kai’s hand. 

 

”Kai, look! I swear, I’ve seen a whole lot of playgrounds in my life but not once have I actually played in one.” Kyungsoo chimes excitedly, eyes glued to said place.

 

”That’s a relief.” Kai answers boringly, walking faster while pulling Kyungsoo along with him. Kyungsoo wrinkles his nose, feeling a bit insulted.

 

”Why is that a relief?” 

 

”Those children you see there are no better than their evil parents. In fact, they’re worse. If you were to play there as a kid, you would have been eaten alive because bad knows good when they see it and bad doesn’t like good. They destroy good, and poor you wouldn’t stand a chance. Don’t tell me you don’t remember what happened in school.” 

 

Kai pierces his eyes into Kyungsoo’s before the smaller drops his head and sniffs, recalling all the psychical and mentally bullying he had to go through every day, all since first day of school. Kyungsoo was smaller, shorter, cuter and more vulnerable than any of the other kids at school, and automatically, he became a victim of bullying. Getting worse and worse for every year. 

 

”Kids are no better, Kyungsoo. You know all about that.” Kai mutters before turning the corner, playground going out of sight as he knows that Kyungsoo is ten times more easier to convince now than before. And besides, it’s so easy to use Kyungsoo’s past against him.

 

Kyungsoo almost forgot. Of course kids are awful, evil human-beings. Kyungsoo has nothing else than proof to that. 

 

All though their smiles and loud laughters seems nothing else but good and warmhearted-..

 

”Don’t be fooled, Kyungsoo.” Kai says after glancing at him sideways, knowing perfectly well what the other is thinking. Kyungsoo is no longer surprised by this anymore, and he decides to listen.

 

Maybe Kai is right.

 

Kids are cruel. 

 

And Kai always had a handful of good examples to use. Actually, Kai had one for every situation. 

 

”Good people, you say?” Kai snorts. ”So they drink tea and go for long walks in the park, they do voluntarily work at the hospital and help children in Africa, wow, does that make them good people? No, because if you were to step in front of them, Kyungsoo, they would have done horrible things to you in ways you can never imagine.”

 

”Why only me, Kai? And that seems like pretty good people to me, though.” 

 

”Because you’re special, pure and holy. Every evil creature wants to tear anything pure and holy apart. They all work together to make it happen. And don’t be fooled, Kyungsoo. You trust no one but me.”

 

And not once did Kyungsoo question why Kai. Why trust Kai? What made him so trust worthy and different from anyone else?

 

The first time Kyungsoo heard something similar to this, he didn’t believe a single word for a single second. It wasn’t until later, upon hearing the same things over and over, that Kyungsoo started to change mind in opinion. 

 

Kai said he was holy.

 

Kai said he was pure.

 

Kai said a lot of things, and when getting it fed to him with teaspoons, Kyungsoo started to think that maybe, maybe Kai was right. 

 

After all, didn’t Kyungsoo grow up in pain and harm? Isn’t Kai the only one ever, that took him into his home without question and gave him everything he needed? Loved him unconditionally?

 

But Kai kept going with his crazy ideas and negative ways in looking at things. Kai kept going worse, and as the progress went slowly, Kyungsoo didn’t notice. 

 

Kyungsoo bent down to the cat’s fluffy, white fur, giggling happily as the cat purred into his hand and against his leg. Kyungsoo scratched the cat behind it’s ears as he looked back to catch eye of Kai, who was standing a little behind while looking at the grey sky skeptically. Kyungsoo laughed louder, knowing it would gain Kai’s attention. 

The cat was beautiful, and Kyungsoo wanted to share the experience with Kai. However, upon seeing the cat, Kai furiously stepped forward and gently yanked Kyungsoo back.

 

”Don’t touch it! Demon, I tell you, demon!”

 

”What are you saying, Kai? It’s just a beautiful cat-..”

 

”Don’t be fooled, Do Kyungsoo. Do not be fooled by this monster.” and by that Kai grabbed a hold of the cat and choked it with both hands, ignoring the scratches the cat would leave on his healthy skin. Kyungsoo threw himself forward, begging Kai to stop, but Kai didn’t budge and Kyungsoo was left like a crying mess as he watched the cat stop struggling for it’s life and give in to death. When finished, Kai threw the cat into some bushes and hauled Kyungsoo close to his chest.

 

”Don’t cry, baby, don’t cry. Such creatures should not live after the sin it’s done.”

 

”What sin, Kai? What sin!? It was just an innocent little...-”

 

”No! There was no innocence in that thing! You’re the definition of innocence and I will not have some demon cat staining your pureness! Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo listen. If I didn’t see it in time, your eyes would have been clawed out by now.”

 

”No way! I don’t believe you!”

 

That day, Kai brought Kyungsoo home and forced him to watch a handful of small clips where cats actually and literally clawed people’s eyes out, and by that ... worst.

 

Maybe Kai was right. 

 

Cats are demons. 

 

A year then passed, and finally, Kai had gained Kyungsoo’s complete trust. Kyungsoo was no longer the boy Kai met one year ago. This boy was much more confident, much more healthy and much happier. Kai had made sure to erase every bad thing from Kyungsoo’s life - starvation, abuse, no care, his self-harm stopped completely and all this was replaced with the safety of Kai and his warm embrace, all along with Kyungsoo’s own common sense. There was no reason for Kyungsoo to have such thing as common sense anyway, since Kai did the thinking and Kyungsoo trusted him to do so as he followed in his lead. Every order, every word - Kai was right. There was no question anymore, and Kai could now move on to the more drastic areas. 

 

Time to complete his final step in his flawless plan; make Kyungsoo fully and completely his. 

 

There were several ways Kai could do this, and Kai decides to take advantage of them all.

 

 

 

*

 

First: Aim for perfection, punish for failure. 

 

 

”Wake up, baby boy.” Kai calls, hand stretching out to Kyungsoo’s hair away from his face and kisses his forehead. Kyungsoo smiles a little, one corner of his mouth waving up as he stirs in their bed and aims to stretch himself out. 

 

”What time is it...?” Kyungsoo mumbles, enjoying the feeling of Kai’s lips that lingers on his cheek and the hand that has gone down to massage his shoulder.

 

It’s a bright light in the room, Kyungsoo notes, feeling the warm light hit his eyelids as the soft mattress underneath him begs him to snuggle in deeper. The duvet covering his body kisses his skin and the feeling of not wanting to get up corrupts his senses.

 

”Eight o'clock in the morning, Soo. Why don’t you wake up and take a warm bath. I’ve already tapped in the water.” Kai pecks his way up Kyungsoo’s cheek, slowly, and by the time Kai reaches Kyungsoo’s ear, he carefully bites down on the other’s earlobe and growls playfully.

 

”Up up up...” 

 

Kyungsoo laughs at this, finally opening his eyes to stare his way into Kai’s. Kai smiles happily and Kyungsoo wonders what he’s so excited about.

 

”Where are we going?” Kyungsoo asks, gaze never leaving Kai’s smug face as his lips curls into a smirk and his eyes goes mystique. 

 

”Ah well, you little curious angel. You will have to wait and see.” 

 

Kai chuckles, a laughter that only extends when he cups his arms underneath Kyungsoo’s healthily filled limbs and lifts him up bridal-style. Kyungsoo squeaks in surprise, giggling as Kai nuzzles his nose into his neck and blows warm air onto his skin. 

 

Reaching the bathroom, Kai makes sure to put Kyungsoo safely down and undress him, acting unaffected by Kyungsoo gorgeous body. When Kai first bought Kyungsoo, the smaller boy was skinny as hell, skin glowing with a grey gleam and hair thin and shaggy. Now Kyungsoo is a lot wealthier - his skin a much better color of that creaminess, his eyes glowing brighter, his limbs and body filled with new muscles and right amount of fat. Kai’s favorite parts are Kyungsoo plump , bubbly cheeks and thick thighs. 

 

Kyungsoo hums in approval when Kai lightly trails a finger down the smaller’s sides, the feeling of Kyungsoo’s milky and silky skin beneath his finger being priceless. Kai and Kyungsoo stares at each for a while, Kai absolutely puzzled by Kyungsoo’s willingly state and Kyungsoo is happy by the attention Kai always gives him. No matter what, Kai’s always there. 

 

”It’s ready, angel.” Kai mumbles after having felt the water, and Kyungsoo lets Kai help him into the huge bathtub, knowing the other male will freak out if Kyungsoo denies him. Kai’s always scared Kyungsoo will slip and fall, breaking some bones or cracking his head as a consequence. 

 

There were once Kyungsoo had complained by the size of the bathroom, and Kai had teared it all down to create a bigger one. Everything besides the size of the of the toilet got changed out for other, much bigger stuff, including the the size of the room. The bathroom is now huge, white and shiny, just as it’s much cozier. 

 

As Kyungsoo is fully seated in the tub, Kai lets go of him to grab the sponge and Kyungsoo’s favorite honey-scented shower gel. 

 

Normally, Kyungsoo would want to wash himself, but today he allows Kai to have his way, because literally; Kyungsoo wants it. Kai wants it.

 

”Do you know what day it is today?” Kai casually asks, probably thinking Kyungsoo will answer no as he looks surprised when his little Angel nods his head instead. 

 

”Really?” Kai smiles, a happy smile.

 

Kyungsoo nods again, returning the smile. ”It’s the day you bought me, one year ago.” 

 

Kai’s eyes widens in bigger surprise as he had no expectations of his angel remembering this. Or even knowing the date. 

 

”Uh.. that’s right. Very good. What I have in mind-..”

 

”Why do you look so surprised? Think I would forget the day you came into my life and saved me from misery?” 

 

Kyungsoo blinks his big eyes seriously, not budging as Kai begins soaping in his back with the sponge. 

 

”Of course I did. At that time, you were all other than happy to be here.” Kai replies dreamily, recalling the first months were Kyungsoo wouldn’t let Kai even near him. Wouldn’t let Kai look at him for too long, or even be in the same room together. Kai was relieved when Kyungsoo started softening up. 

 

Kyungsoo splashes water at Kai’s face, pulling him out of his haze as well as he soaks down Kai’s shirt and destroys his perfectly styled hair. 

 

”Yah!”

 

”Yah! yourself. Were you even listening?” Kyungsoo wrinkles his nose angrily, folding his smaller arms over his chest. Kai’s open mouth shuts, a sign telling Kyungsoo to repeat what he said while Kai changes his shirt.

 

”It was natural for me to be unhappy, I thought you were some kind of psycho that took pleasure in me.” Kyungsoo shakes his head by the thought, head turning to look at Kai undressing. It’s funny how Kai has seen Kyungsoo several of hundred times while Kyungsoo has not once laid eyes on the older’s totally body. 

Feeling Kyungsoo’s stare upon him, Kai seems to loose confidence as he stands there shirtless. He battles on wether he should go find a new shirt or if he should stay and make sure Kyungsoo doesn’t drown.

 

”If I go to my room, just to get a shirt... will you promise not to drown and die?” Kai’s question is immediately followed by Kyungsoo’s dramatic roll of the eyes.

 

”Are you serious? How many times do I have to tell you.. remind you, that I am - in fact - not a baby. Get your together.”

 

Kai chuckles at this, but leaving still seems impossible. ”... Are you.., perhaps finished?” 

 

”Yeah.” Kyungsoo sighs and stands abruptly, knowing Kai won’t leave if not, water flushing down his heated body as he aims to step out of the bathtub. Kai grabs ahold of a towel, hurrying to help his angel dry off. But Kai doesn’t get there in time, and faith decides just then to make his fears realization, Kyungsoo managing to slip halfway still inside the bathtub and rushes to the floor, face first. 

 

Kyungsoo squeaks, hands shooting up in front of him to catch his fall. Kyungsoo lands with a hard thump on his legs though, the un-rinsed soap on his knees making him slide a little across the floor and straight into Kai’s outstretched, trembling arms. 

 

”Kyungsoo!” Kai gasps. ”Baby! ...” panicking as he wraps Kyungsoo into the towel and proceeds to check Kyungsoo’s knees for injuries.

 

”I’m fine, Kai... please, I’m fine.” Kyungsoo looks sad, big eyes staring at Kai as he shovels Kyungsoo into his arms and stands from the floor. Kyungsoo tries to laugh it off, but telling by the look in Kai’s eyes, Kyungsoo knows what’s going to happen next.

 

Punishment. 

 

”Please, Kai. I swear, I’m fine. You grabbed me in time, didn’t you? That’s a good thing!” 

Kyungsoo pleads, a pout on his lips. 

 

Kai remains stiff, eyes looking straight ahead as he carries Kyungsoo to the living room. Gently, when reaching the sofa, he places Kyungsoo down and pats his hair. 

 

”That was not okay.” 

 

”But, Kai.. please, not today.” 

 

Kai fumbles around a little, turning on the heat for Kyungsoo to warm up as well as he turns on the TV.

 

”I can’t... I must..” Kai looks at Kyungsoo like he just managed to fail life. ”That was so irresponsible of me.” 

 

Kai turns and aims for the kitchen, and Kyungsoo already knows what the other’s ‘punishment’ will be now. That’s a little over exaggerated! Kyungsoo didn’t even hurt himself! Kyungsoo is up on his small feet soon enough, tapping after Kai helplessly. 

 

”Kaaai.” Kyungsoo makes his voice tiny and little. ”Pleeeaaase.” 

 

”No, Kyungsoo. Watch.” Kai shakes his head, finger pointing at the bar stool in front of the high table, wanting Kyungsoo to sit and watch him. 

 

Kyungsoo refuses, closing his eyes stubbornly as he hisses. ”I’m not doing this today, Kai!” 

 

”Then I’ll just do it ten times worse for myself and cry myself to sleep afterwards. I deserve this.” Kai mumbles, knowing Kyungsoo will give in by this statement.

 

”Everything,” Kai continues to push it, ”that happens to you is my fault, and mine only. And yet again and again I fail at my simple task. Maybe if I’m stricter, I’ll stop being a failure.” 

 

Kyungsoo cries out and shakes his head furiously. ”It was fun, Kai! I didn’t get hurt, and... I-I was just trying to make you laugh. Didn’t it look comical?” 

 

”Not at all! Don’t lie.” Kai growls and grabs a knife, a small but very sharp knife. Kai brings the knife to his violently scared wrist, grimacing when the cold steel nudges his bumpy and ugly, torn skin. 

 

”Only one.” Kyungsoo orders, but Kai shakes his head. 

 

”Two.” he mutters, eyes on his wrist.

 

”ONE, KAI! Only one cut!” Kyungsoo taps the table with his palms, glaring at Kai as he indeed lets the blade of the knife cut the skin on his wrist open until it prickles out a warm stripe of red blood. The older male hisses as it stings, feeling the punishment work painfully on his sliced wrist. Kai moves on quickly, about to cut another wound when Kyungsoo decides he’s had enough. Kyungsoo knows he’s not allowed to even near knifes, but at this time he couldn’t care less. Grabbing the knife, Kyungsoo pulls it out of Kai’s hand and Kai resist nothing as he doesn’t want Kyungsoo to cut himself while pulling it towards himself.

 

”STOOOP!” Kyungsoo screams with breath on full lung-capacity. 

 

Kai trembles, only thing that he can look at being the knife misplaced in Kyungsoo’s shaking hand. 

 

He might... Kyungsoo can... must give it back... 

 

”Please, angel. Drop the knife. Please..” Kai stretches out a hand and Kyungsoo responds by stepping back and waving the knife away from Kai. Kai hisses at this, eyes widening as he holds his hands up in front of him and takes several steps back. 

 

”Okay.. okay. Please be careful, Kyungsoo.”

 

”Are you finish being a complete psychopath?” Kyungsoo asks, voice thin and fragile as his big, wide eyes fills up with unwanted tears. 

 

Kai wrinkles his forehead by the question, narrowing his eyes. He’s no psychopath.. 

 

”Can we go now?” Kyungsoo urges on, ”can we stop this? Because if not I’ll do to myself what you’re doing-..”

 

”No! Kyungsoo!” Kai shakes his head, shakes it, shakes it and refuses Kyungsoo with his eyes. 

 

”Then lets go.” Kyungsoo whispers.

 

Kai nods eagerly, heartbeat calming when Kyungsoo places the knife on the kitchen counter. 

 

 

*

 

 

Second: Love can conquer anything. 

 

 

”I love you so much, Kyungsoo.” Kai mumbles into Kyungsoo’s dark brown fluff of hair while rubbing the smaller’s shoulder soothingly. Kyungsoo’s cheeks turns light pink, his big eyes dashing around the huge supermarket to catch any awkward witnesses. 

 

”Yahh, Kai. So random...” Kyungsoo mumbles back, embarrassed and flushed as he pretends to gain interest in the many various types of cheese. Kai smirks at this, planting a  wet kiss on the other’s cheek while enjoying the bright pink blush that covers it afterwards.

 

”Oh-.. stoooop.” Kyungsoo whines cutely, pouting up at Kai with a tiny, tiny satisfied smile in the corner of his lips. Kai decides to add a bit to the cake;

 

”Love you more than anything.” he whispers and Kyungsoo tears himself out of Kai’s grip, blushing madly as he stamps away with a huff and a ‘can’t behave himself what kind of man is this jesus.’ It makes Kai laugh, and yet again, he’s still waiting for that day Kyungsoo are going to say it back.

 

That.

 

I love you, too.

 

Kai follows his angel around the store, watching as he picks up what he likes and what he wants to eat. After being together for one year, Kyungsoo knows he’ll get anything he wants and more added, and Kai is happy to see that the smaller has figured that out. 

 

Kyungsoo drops some hot sauce into the tray, and Kai picks it up immediately, checking it’s date and quality. Kai shakes his head disapprovingly, putting it back into it’s shelf and picks up a new one with better quality. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at him dramatically. 

 

And so they continue for a while. Kyungsoo choosing, Kai checking - normal procedure. That is until Kyungsoo silently bumps into a stranger while Kai is busy checking up on the many chicken-wing qualities, pondering on which one to take this time. 

 

As Kai is focused on the chicken-wings, Kyungsoo is being helplessly grabbed by the stranger as they’re both about to fall over. 

 

”Oh-.. I’m so.. so sorry. I didn’t see you there-..” Kyungsoo mumbles, nervousness running over him as the stranger doesn’t let him go even though they’re both standing and stable. Kyungsoo aims to look up, meeting a pair of blue eyes and a plush mouth smiling back down at him. 

”Don’t worry about it, you little sweet thing. It happens.” the male laughs, finally letting go of Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo swallows deeply, eyes dropping to his feet as he trembles in nauseousness. 

 

Kai says that strangers are dangerous. Kai says that strangers are liars. Kai says that stranger are-..

 

”Hey... are you okay?”  It takes seconds for the man to put his hands on Kyungsoo again, this time placing a hand on his shoulder. Kyungsoo’s bottom lip starts to quiver, because why won’t the stranger leave him alone and where is Kai? 

 

The stranger tightens his hold. ”You don’t look too well, maybe we should-..”

 

”And who the heck are you?” 

 

Kyungsoo breathes out in relief when he hears Kai’s voice. ”Get your hands off of him.” Kai hisses at the stranger, arm swirling protectively around Kyungsoo waist as he glares at the man. Kyungsoo sees it all out of the corner of his eyes, as he’s too scared to look up. 

The stranger male holds up both of his hands, eyes drafting onto Kyungsoo’s little frame before looking at Kai again.

 

”I’m sorry, he just seemed to-..”

 

”Whatever, dude.” Kai interrupts him straight on, ignoring the other’s shocked facial expression along with the rest of the supermarket’s customers judging glares. ”Didn’t your mama teach you not to touch the property of others?” 

 

Kyungsoo wants to vanish from this place, feeling everyone’s piercing eyes on him. All though it’s eyes of pity, Kyungsoo sees it as eyes wanting his soul. That’s what Kai always explains - people staring wants souls. Good souls. Like Kyungsoo’s soul.

 

”I’m sorry. But he were the one to bump into me, I was just trying to he-..”

 

”Don’t you dare blame this on him!” Kai snaps and gives the male his evil eye, gently dragging Kyungsoo with him as he turns around to leave. 

 

But Kai doesn’t miss the other’s mumble of a comment.

 

”Oh my goodness, the human needs to chill.” 

 

Kai’s left eyes twitches. 

 

-

 

Kai wraps Kyungsoo safely up in his bulletproof car, into the ultra soft car seat. He fastens Kyungsoo’s seatbelt and secures it properly after checking up on it twice. Kai kisses his angel’s forehead, and Kyungsoo smiles up at him happily.

 

This is what Kai lives for.

 

”I’ll be right back, angel.”

 

”What? Where are you going?” Kyungsoo blinks with his big eyes, his mouth slightly open in question. Kai smiles warmly.

 

”I’m so silly, baby. I forgot my promise to you.” Kai makes his voice apologetic, because say what, Kai would never forget a promise unless he did it on purpose. 

 

Kyungsoo, however, doesn’t know that and his eyes enlightens in realizations and he giggles cutely. ”Oh! My lollipops?” 

 

”Exactly, I’ll be back in a minute.” Kai kisses Kyungsoo’s forehead once more, getting on to himself for thinking - craving - a kiss to Kyungsoo’s lips instead. 

 

When he’s ready. When he’s sure he loves Kai back.

 

Kai shuts the door to his black car softly, waving a hand to Kyungsoo before he turns his back and walks away. 

 

Kai is sure he saw that one particular male a few meters behind them in the queue when waiting to pay at the checkout. 

 

It won’t be long now.

 

-

 

Kyungsoo looks up at Kai the second he walks into the living room, a bowl of popcorn at hand and a couple of lollipops at the other. Kyungsoo smiles big catching sight of it, laughing when Kai holds out an already unwrapped blueberry lollipop for him to drool on.

 

”Ready?” Kai smiles, sitting down and welcomes Kyungsoo to press himself close, almost halfway up Kai’s lap. Kyungsoo smiles in return with his eyes, nodding as his mouth is full on busy with the lollipop. 

 

Kai breathes out some air, leaning back comfortably in the sofa. Kai enjoys the way Kyungsoo snuggles into him, dearly hoping that this will be the night.

 

It’s been one and a half year. 

 

”Ya? Press play.” Kyungsoo reminds Kai, pulling at his shirt and Kai obeys. 

 

Kai then waits. 

 

He doesn’t like watching movies. He does it for Kyungsoo. And for the free innocent snuggling that comes along.

 

Kai checks Kyungsoo’s blanket - mm, he’s good tucked in.

 

Kai unwraps another lollipop for Kyungsoo.

 

Kai checks Kyungsoo’s blanket again and then he decides to check the boy’s temperature. 

 

Normal. Good. 

 

And then Kai loses patience - he’s officially bored. 

 

”What? Can you sit still, Kai?” 

 

Kai freezes.

 

’......’

 

”Kai! My blanket is fine! Aiish.”

 

Kai sighs.

 

’...............’

 

”Yaahhh! Put me DOWN.” Kyungsoo whines when Kai lifts him from the sofa, throwing him over his shoulder. Kyungsoo laughs when Kai starts bouncing around the livingroom, making Kyungsoo’s hair sway from side to side and end up in his huge, laughter filled eyes. Kyungsoo laughs louder the minute Kai starts growling playfully, pretending to be a hungry wolf as he dumps Kyungsoo onto their doubled sized bed and softly chews his way up Kyungsoo’s silky leg. 

 

”Stop, Kai! Stop!” Kyungsoo can’t stop laughing, tears starting to sting at the corner of his eyes as Kai attacks his stomach with powerful blows and chuckles. For maximum effect, Kai pulls at the smaller boy’s shirt until it’s over his head and thrown to the floor, immediately jumping his stomach again. Kai absolutely loves to hear Kyungsoo’s bubbly laughter and he could keep this going all night if not for the small whines replacing Kyungsoo’s laughter by the minute. Kai ends the tickling for the night, crawling up his angel’s body until he’s lightly sprawled on top of him, locking their gazes. 

 

Kyungsoo breathes heavily, a beautiful heart shaped smile on his face as he stares into Kai’s eyes and sees his whole future before him. He’s not embarrassed - he’s been a lot more exposed to Kai before, several times. 

 

Kyungsoo is so thankful to this man, and he wants to tell him that, but it’s harder than he thought. He don’t know how to express himself correctly. To tell him Thank you and I love you, I love you too and You’re all I need, you’ve brought me happiness. 

 

”Kai...-”

 

”Shh, Kyungsoo. I know you’re tired.” Kai whispers, leaning down closer. Kyungsoo’s breath hitches and his eyes widens. Kai smiles softly and for one second Kyungsoo thinks he’s going to kiss him, but Kai aims for his cheek and plants a wet peck there instead. Kyungsoo can’t help the frown of disappointment on his face after that and Kai wrinkles his brows in confusion. 

 

”Kaaii..” Kyungsoo whines, tugging at the stronger man’s shirt helplessly while he tries to tell Kai his feelings through - with - his eyes. I love you. I’ve fallen so hard for you. 

 

Kai bumps nose with Kyungsoo, their warm breaths mixing together as he’s being drawn in by his angel’s hard tugging. Kai is starting to feel worried, watching Kyungsoo’s water filled and pleading eyes. ”What’s the matter baby boy?” 

 

”It’s hard...” Kyungsoo breathes, cheeks going pink, ”to express.” 

 

”What’s hard to express? Are you in pain?” 

 

Kai immediately jumps up and off of him, panic in his eyes as he scans over Kyungsoo’s flushing body for any damages he might have created. Kyungsoo sighs heavily, trying to tug Kai’s warm body down on his again. It felt good.

 

”Did I hurt you, Soo?” Kai looks scared, and with feather light touches he Kyungsoo’s cheek while looking down at him, knees on each side of Kyungsoo’s waist.

 

”No, Kai.. I’m fine. But you don’t understand. I want to tell you something...”

 

Kai nods seriously, watching Kyungsoo intensely. It makes Kyungsoo more nervous than necessary, and he fiddles with the hemp of Kai’s shirt with his little fingers instead of actually saying anything. 

 

”It’s alright. You don’t have to-..”

 

”Yes, I want to! ... I just...” 

 

Kai is a little startled, narrowing his eyes slightly. 

 

”What, baby.. what’s wrong?”

 

Kyungsoo blushes bright red, a faint whisper escaping his mouth at a very high speed.

 

”I’m sorry,” Kai whispers back, just in a slower tact, ”but what was that? I didn’t quite catch it.”

 

But Kai’s heart was beating hard and fast. 

 

”I love you, Kai...” Kyungsoo whispers just as their gazes locks, and Kai’s heart stops and his breathing fades and his brain melts. This must be a dream. The moment Kai has been waiting for since he first saw the angel before him and finally, finally it have been spoken. Kyungsoo said the three words. To him!

 

Silence falls upon them, Kai lost in the depth of Kyungsoo large, doubting eyes. 

 

After a while.

 

”You love me back?” Kai is stunned. It’s now he believes in ‘happily ever after.’

 

Kyungsoo nods eagerly, a small fist pulling at Kai’s shirt. Kai willingly settles on top of Kyungsoo again, careful not to rest his whole weight on top of the smaller boy. Kai cracks a wide, very happy smile and attacks Kyungsoo’s face with wet pecks. Kyungsoo giggles lightly, and Kai makes sure to tell him he loves him too, several times. 

 

”Does this mean I can kiss you?” Kai asks then, smiling down at the love of his life.

 

His Angel. 

 

Kyungsoo nods eagerly once again, almost forcing Kai’s lips down on his own. Kyungsoo wants to express his love for his savior through this first kiss, and nothing makes him happier than when Kai’s moist, warm and utterly soft lips softly rests down on his own. Kyungsoo almost moans by the sensation, and Kai gives it a few seconds before he starts moving his mouth against Kyungsoo’s. Once there is a tongue playing with his bottom lip, Kyungsoo willingly opens his mouth and welcomes Kai’s eager tongue into his hot cavern. Kai sighs against his mouth, and suddenly there is hands roaming through the silky strands of Kyungsoo’s hair. Kyungsoo’s own hands are on the small of Kai’s back, desperately pressing Kai closer to his body as he swings one milky thigh around Kai’s hips. 

 

”Oh, my little baby Angel, how I’ve been waiting for this day.” Kai coos once they break their kiss for a little air. Kyungsoo smiles in guilt, but it’s quickly brushed away as Kai connects their lips once again. 

 

-

 

Half a year later, at church, both men in suits.

 

”Do you, Kim Jongin, take Do Kyungsoo as your husband, to love and to cherish through thick and thin, through good and bad, through sickness and health?” the priest smiles at them. Kai puffs out his chest, taking a deep breath with his eyes locked at Kyungsoo’s. 

 

”I do.”

 

Kyungsoo giggles slightly.

 

”Do you, Do Kyungsoo, take Kim Jongin as your husband, to love and to cherish, throuch thick and thin, through good and bad, through sickness and health?”

 

Kyungsoo nods eagerly before remembering to answer vocally. 

 

”I do.”

 

”Do you, Kim Jongin, swear to love Do Kyungsoo until death do you apart?”

 

”Even then, even if I go to hell I’ll still love him. So.. yes, I do.”

 

”Do you, Do Kyungsoo, swear to love Kim Jongin until death do you apart?”

 

”I really do!”

 

”I now declare you husband and husband, you may seal the promise of forever with a kiss.”

 

And they do. They kiss. The sweetest kiss until now, just them, just the two of them plus the kind priest.

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

Third: Always convince, convince and convince. Kai is always right.

 

 

Kai and Kyungsoo has moved into a larger house. It’s a huge crib, and Kyungsoo posses everything he’s ever and actually never wished for. Their own, private cinema, their own swimming pool, their own garden full of flowers, their own housekeeper. It’s crazy, really, because it was enough to have Kai. Now Kai is working full time to pay for this new house and everything, leaving every morning with a promise to arrive home earlier than the day before. 

 

He never does, though. 

 

Kyungsoo is left to go to bed without his goodnight kiss, only to feel Jongin’s warm lips on his forehead sometime in the middle of the night. It’s only faint and it’s absolutely not enough, so just to make Jongin realize his mistake Kyungsoo plans to do what he knows will work. It’s early in the morning and Kai left just an hour ago. Kyungsoo has dressed up properly, his summer shorts and white shirt looking stylish as decides to leave behind his phone. Just for that little extra panic. 

 

He brings some money, because his excuse will be simple.

 

”Good bye, Mr.Sam. I’m leaving!” Kyungsoo shouts up the huge stairs, faintly hearing the tap of Mr.Sam’s footsteps as he’s making their bed and dusting off shelves. 

 

”Oh my,  Mr.Kim! Where are you going? I’m sure your husband would want you to stay inside.” Mr.Sam comes running down the stairs, hair a little tousled as he looks at Kyungsoo with horror. 

 

Kyungsoo snorts. ”Don’t be silly, I’m just going to the supermarket nearby. I’ll be right back.” Kyungsoo refuses to acknowledge Mr.Sam’s horror stricken face and tense body as he steps outside the huge double doors. Mr.Sam can’t do anything to stop him considering he’s not allowed to touch Kyungsoo under any circumstances. Only thing he can do is call Kai, and when he does, Kai will come flying to a supermarket where Kyungsoo won’t be. 

 

That should make him realize. 

 

”Is this something you’ve discussed with your husband? I’m sure Lord Kim will be upset if-..”

 

Kyungsoo ignores his mantra, shutting the door in his face as he takes a deep breath, getting ready for his long day. Because it will be a long day, a day to learn and take.

Kyungsoo hurries down the road, taking in it’s peaceful quietness and the calm wind swaying at his hair. Kyungsoo likes this, it’s new and unfamiliar - like an adventure. But it’s also lonesome, his hand cold where Kai always holds on tight. Thinking of it, Kyungsoo haven’t left the house alone for years and suddenly Kai’s voice is in his ear, repeating, whispering the sins of strangers. 

 

They’ll eat you alive, Kyungsoo.... Stay away from strangers, Angel, I don’t want you near children of the devil.... Kyungsoo! don’t ever leave my side when we’re outside, darkness is always around the corner, ready to snatch you up and cast you into endless torture. 

 

Stay inside. It’s safe inside. Inside, that’s where it’s safe. You’re not safe without me. Not safe without Kai. 

 

Kyungsoo swallows harshly, tears stinging at the back of his eyes. He tries to think rationally - of course there won’t be any mad people at the supermarket. But I’m not going to the supermarket. I’m going to the park and in the park there’s evil children-... 

 

Kyungsoo spins around, already retreating back to the safety of his home when he eyes a cat. Ten feet away from him. Kyungsoo flinches back at the puff-ball closing in on him with a few meows, the cat’s legs smoothly moving over towards him. Kyungsoo ends up shrieking when it’s too close, and a person passing with it’s dog glares at him evilly. Kyungsoo goes pale by fear, and when a single silver car comes driving down the road, Kyungsoo is positive they’re out to get him. 

 

The boy takes off into nowhere, the other direction of his house as he’s too scared too think further than run, run, run. He shouldn’t have left the house! He should just have asked his husband nicely and calmly to spend more time with him, yet he didn’t and look where it got him! He’s running for his life from all the evil humans that wants to eat his flesh and abuse his soul, from the humans that sold him and wanted to buy him, from the humans that wants him and bleeding beneath them.

 

Kyungsoo is utterly horrified and he can’t seem to find a place to hide.

 

 

*

 

 

”Yes.” Kai answer the phone, a cold tone to his voice. 

 

”Lord Kim-..”

 

”This better be important.” Kai growls at his housekeeper, missing the shake in the other’s voice.

 

”I assure you, Lord Kim, this is important. Your husband just left the h-house and he-..”

 

”What?” Kai asks, stunned and a little disbelieving. 

 

”He wanted to go to the supermarket-..”

 

”WHAT!?” Kai is outraged, not at his Angel, but at the useless man who let him leave. It’s all his fault, Kai is even sure the housekeeper forced him outside. 

 

”Y-y-yes. I just w-wanted to inform-..”

 

”Oh shut your filthy mouth. I’m on my way home.” 

 

Kai hangs up, eye twitching as he gets his coat and car keys. He will just have to deal with one problem before Kyungsoo steps into that house again. It needs to be cleaned out and lord have mercy if anything has happened to his Angel.

 

 

*

 

 

”Hey there. Why so sad? What’s wrong?” 

 

Kyungsoo’s head bobs up at the male standing before him, his horror filled face red and wet by his own tears and saliva. The other male’s features are soft and kind, and he’s smiling just a little while looking at Kyungsoo with concern. 

 

Kyungsoo is hidden slightly behind a tree at the only park he knows of, wishing and praying, wishing and praying that Kai will find him somehow. 

 

”G-g-go away, p-please.” Kyungsoo begs the taller man, scooping a little away from him. 

 

”I’m sorry, I don’t want to bother, but you don’t look too good. Are you lost?” the man answers, crouching down to meet Kyungsoo’s eye-level as he sits on the dirty ground. 

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widens as he flinches back by the closeness. Kai says only him is allowed to be in a radius of two feet close to Kyungsoo. New tears builds in the smaller’s eyes and the other male wrinkles his forehead in confusion and concern. 

 

”Maybe I should call somebody-..”

 

”No! You can’t! You can’t, you can’t, you can’t! Kai is coming! He’s coming, he’s coming, he’s coming right now.” Kyungsoo frantically begs rather than states, tears running like a flow. He tries to wipe at them but it keeps coming more and more. 

 

”Alright, alright...” the man stutters, a little shocked by the sudden outburst. He sees the unique ring at Kyungsoo’s ring finger, judging him married. Wonders where his wife’s at...?

 

Kyungsoo eyes the man staring at his ring, his beautiful ring that Kai gave to only him to symbolize their love at their wedding. It’s a ring made in gold, engraved with the words My Angel and it’s decorated with these little severals of white diamonds. It’s very precious to Kyungsoo, it means so, so much to him and seeing the man’s hunger for it drives the smaller male to the edge. 

 

”Please, you can’t have it! Not that, anything else, just not that.” 

 

Kyungsoo feels small under the man’s confused stare, and he almost thinks the man is sincere. That he really just wants to know if Kyungsoo is lost and try to help him, his eyes says so. They’re not shining with that dark evilness Kyungsoo so hard tries to see.

 

Don’t be fooled, Kyungsoo! Kai voice rings in his head and Kyungsoo hisses at the outstretched hand of the man. 

 

 

*

 

”Hey! This is Kim Kyungsoo! I can’t pick up the phone right now, Kai, but I’ll call you back once I’m finished in the bathroom or with whatever I’m doing. I miss you forever when you’re gone, Kai!”

 

Kai is furious. But most of all, he’s terrified. He’s weak now that Kyungsoo is missing. His biggest weakness is for anyone to reach right now and Kai feels awfully vulnerable. It’s a total new feeling and it’s tearing at his sanity. When he gets his baby back, Kai is installing a higher quality of security in his house. Never will this happen again. Kai will keep a camera on that boy at all times and he will install Kyungsoo with a satellite. He’s been searching all over at every supermarket nearby and out of town. It’s getting dark, and everyone knows which creatures that lures around in the dark by night. It’s right, Kai is petrified to the utter edge. Pictures of his Angel, hurt and crying, flashes behind his eyes and he throws his legs at the brakes, making the car jolt into a harsh stop.

 

He must be here. He’ll have to be here.

 

Kai is scared of himself. Of what he’ll do if he doesn’t find Kyungsoo this very hour. 

 

The tall, sun-kissed man stands proud out of his car, scanning the area he’s in. This is the last familiar place Kyungsoo knows of. Kai was here earlier, as a fact, he started here, but as Kyungsoo were not found he searched further. Kai tends to try again.

 

Walking down the familiar path of the park, Kai’s eyes are open and on guard - every slight movement will be snapped up by either his ears, eyes, nose or guts. Doesn’t matter which.

 

By this time Kai is wishing death upon every human-being that has lied eyes on his Angel today. And then when Kai sees his little boy, his steps abruptly ending, seeing his little baby Angel being reached for by another male... his left eye twitch. 

 

 

-

 

 

”Who’s Kai?” the man asks Kyungsoo, real curious concern written on his soft face.

 

Don’t rely personal information onto strangers. 

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head, refuses to tell, new big tears trailing down his already red and wet cheeks. 

 

But the man continues to push. ”Is he your friend? Maybe you know his number.. we can call him with my phone. Huh, don’t you have a phone yourself...? Lost it? Do you know where your wife may be?” 

 

Kyungsoo feels like bursting. So many questions! Leave me alone, leave me alone, leave. me. alone. 

 

”His husband is right here, and I’ll tear you apart if you don’t get away from him this instant.” 

 

Both the man and Kyungsoo whip their head to the side, eyes wide as they stare at the handsome man in front of them. The stranger male stands abruptly, intimidated by Kai’s piercing, violent gaze. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, is so relieved he doesn’t know what to do with himself.

 

”K-K-Kaii...” Kyungsoo cries, hands reaching out for his husband. Kai is there in a flash, harshly shoving the other man away with his shoulder as he bends to his knees and embraces himself for Kyungsoo’s hard impact. He just needs to hold his arms out slightly before Kyungsoo has thrown himself into his embrace, crying heavily into his neck-pit. Legs curls around Kai’s sharp waist and as said male hugs his baby Angel to his chest, standing straight again while eyeing the stranger male with so much hatred that the other flinches back with a shocked facial expression.

 

”I’m sorry, sir, he seemed lost. I was just trying to help.” the man explained as calmly as he could, but he spoke to deaf ears. The only thing Kai could hear were his baby crying and the adrenaline rushing in his veins. If he didn’t have his arms occupied with his one and only reason to live, Kai would have lunged foreword and ended the other man’s filthy breathing.

 

But it was no worry. Kai would find him again.

 

Suddenly, Kai’s features softens. He smiles even, to the man, but the dim light of the forest park makes him look more evil and scary than kind and warm. 

 

”Thank you. For your help. I’m just a little .. protective. My little husband is a fragile, I’m sure you understand.” Kai explained, faked a soft voice and Kyungsoo calmly on his back. Kyungsoo would fall asleep soon, his baby wasn’t used to this type of exhaustions. He was always well rested. 

 

The man seems to feel more relaxed at this, smiling back. ”That’s alright, don’t worry about it.”

 

Kai chuckles. ”How can I repay you back?” 

 

”Ah, that’s really not necessary. I need nothing.” the man shakes his head, taking some steps back. 

 

Kyungsoo sniffs then. ”Kai...”

 

Kai pats his baby’s back a little more softer. ”Will you get home safely, at least?”

 

The man nods in appreciation. ”Thanks! But I live just around the corner, was just taking my night walk when I found your... eh, anyway, I’ll be going now.” the man waves and Kai nods in reply, but none of them can ignore the daggers Kai glares into the stranger’s back as he leaves.

 

Right around the corner? That’s a lie. Correct answer would be a few blocks away.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

”Kai, I’m so sorry, so so so sorry. I didn’t mean to-.. I just tried... I promise I love you forever-.. I just wanted to-” 

 

”Shh, Kyungsoo, I don’t want to see you cry, alright? I am not angered with you, you did nothing wrong. I did, I should have been here to protect you.” 

 

Kai pats Kyungsoo’s stomach, trying to sooth him while drying him off with the towel. Kyungsoo’s bottom lip quivers, his eyes huge and round as they stare at Kai in amazement. ”B-but, Kai... will you ..” Kyungsoo stutters lowly, gaze dropping then only to drift back to Kai in question. ”Will you... punish?” 

 

Kai nods in reply, sighing at himself. 

 

”No! Punish me, it was my fault. I was so selfish, wanting all your attention all the time, all day, all night, every second and .. and .. I-I left the house to scare you and make you miss me and to realize never to leave me again but.. I regret! So selfish of me!” Kyungsoo throws himself at Kai, as to prevent him from ever standing up on his feet. 

 

Kai is puzzled, Kyungsoo’s towel dropped to the floor as smooth, milky skin is wrapped around him and Kai’s hands lands on Kyungsoo’s waist to hold him seated properly on his lap. 

 

”Kyungsoo,” Kai breathes, taken of guard as his Angel clings to him desperately. Meaty thighs wrap around his hips, a chest gets squeezed against his clothed one and Kyungsoo suddenly has his warm nose in his neck pit.

 

Kai suddenly feels warm. Is it hot in here? 

 

What if Kai lost this, his baby boy, to the hell thats called the streets. Kai would die, probably, painfully and dramatically by his sorrow and lost, just as he would have deserved. 

 

”No punishment, Kai. Please, please, please. Punish me instead.” Kyungsoo begs frantically, ”don’t do it. I can’t take it when you hurt yourself because of me.” 

 

Finally. 

 

Kai smirks, his rough hands smoothing down Kyungsoo’s silky back. His angel keeps trembling in his arms and Kai is sure his shirt is getting wet by his many hot tears. He hates to see his baby cry, but this is exactly where Kai wants Kyungsoo emotionally. 

 

Kai wants Kyungsoo to want him, to cherish him, to love him and wish him everything good, even though sacrifices has to be made. Sacrifices that have to be made done, so that they will never part. Kyungsoo doesn’t want Kai to punish himself, to hurt himself - he wants the opposite, without even thinking about the consequences of that action and saying.

 

Kai makes sure to sooth his angel properly, kissing the top of his head. 

 

”Baby boy, I will never hurt you. It would be against my nature, against everything I live for. But I hope you understand that I can’t just let this slip-”

 

”Kaaaiii! I am begging you not to. You say you love me yet you make me suffer by making me watch you as you make yourself suffer.” 

 

Kai’s nose wrinkles at those words. No, that’s not it. He’s making sure that Kyungsoo knows how much it’s against Kai’s law that he gets hurt. That it is unacceptable and unforgiving, that Kyungsoo shall realize how much he’s worth for Kai. The intention is not to make him suffer, it’s to make him realize and understand, so, so be it if there’s an sacrifice that has to be dealt with.

 

”I’m not going to discuss this with you-” Kai’s sentence halts when Kyungsoo pushes Kai’s arms away from around him and marches out the bathroom door, his behind in full glory. Kai frowns deeper. ”Where are you going? ... Kyungsoo! Come ba- No!” 

 

”Yes!” Kyungsoo rages back, both milky buttocks on top of the cooking stove, fingers clutching at the heat-switcher. Kai enters the kitchen, eyes wildly flickering about the room as he frantically looks for some kind of help. Angels maybe. 

 

Kai chokes on air as he steps closer and Kyungsoo makes a move to switch the heat up. Whitin him, Kai sees his Angel burning, he sees Kyungsoo screaming in pain as his beautiful, firm melts into the stove, his face painted in horror and pain. Kai tears at his hair. Why why why why. Why is this happening to him?

 

”Why, Kyungsoo, what are you doing?” 

 

The immediate answer is, ”Making you watch me hurt myself. Let’s see if you’ll feel loved afterwards.” 

 

Kai shakes his head, hands and fingers waving front and back in a big NO, don’t you dare but Kyungsoo seems seriously determined and it’s scares Kai more than anything. 

 

”Kyungsoo! If I pro-promise..” Kai’s voice cracks due to a sob, ”If I promise to never do it again, will you p-promise to reconsider?” 

 

Kai’s eyes are pleading, big and puffy with tears and Kyungsoo’s hard eyes softens and he nods. ”I do.” 

 

Kai nods as well. ”Alright, alright. I promise, I’ll never hurt myself again, not on purpose, and specially not in front of you. I swear, Kyungsoo, now please come down.” 

 

Kyungsoo stares at Kai, stares heavily and his big round eyes pierce through his husband’s skull, looking for hidden signs of lies. But Kai would never dare try lying, not after witnessing just how insane Kyungsoo can get. 

 

This is not what Kai wanted. Kai can’t control Kyungsoo when he gets like this, and he feels helpless and small, feels like he’s going to explode in anxiety and unwanted sobs. 

 

”Please come to me.” Kai then whispers, arms out-stretched, giving a about how he’s practically begging on his knees. There is no room to think of his manly pride right now.

 

Kyungsoo nods and seems to have made up his mind, hand lightly removing from the heat-switcher. Kai has his heart in his throat while watching, careful not to make any sudden moves and startle Kyungsoo into doing a mistake. 

 

”Careful, Soo, careful.” Kai’s takes tiny steps closer to Kyungsoo, ready to pull him in the minute his tiny toes reaches the kitchen floor, and when Kyungsoo is safely tucked into his arms, Kai feels this powerful rage strike down in him. 

 

They must all pay. 

 

 

-

 

 

”Sleep, baby boy.” Kai coos, nibbling at Kyungsoo’s ear as he his lower abdomen. Kyungsoo is now dressed in one of Kai’s oversized shirts, the little angel yawning as he curls in on himself just the slightest while tugging on Kai’s collar. Kai immediately knows what the smaller boy wants, leaning a little to the side and plants a big, wet kiss on his sleepy husband’s mouth. Kyungsoo smiles in content, heavy eyes drooping closed until their fully shut and his cute pout goes slack. His breathing evens out and the hand clutching Kai’s dress-shirt goes limp rather quickly, falling softly down onto the pillow beside his head. 

 

Kai draws back, careful not wake his angel as he stands from their king sized bed and tucks Kyungsoo snuggly under the covers. 

 

Then he leaves the room. 

 

Leaving for the basement. 

 

Where he hid the guilty one.

 

Once Kai opens the door to their freezing cold basement, he’s met by the sight of Mr.Sam, their ex-housekeeper, a cloth around his mouth, cuffs around his wrist with his hands at his back, legs thighed together rather violently. Mr.Sam starts whining the second he sees Kai in the doorway, eyes going frantic as he pleads and begs, tears building in his eyes.

 

But Kai doesn’t have mercy for devils. Devils that tries to sabotage his Angel’s soul only to throw away his shattered body afterwards.

 

”Sam, you filthy creature. I’ve come to serve you your punishment - death.” 

 

Mr.Sam’s body goes rigid, his mouth trying to scream and body trying to tear itself free. It’s no use, of course, Kai doesn’t thigh knots for fun. 

 

Kai grips the kitchen knife in his hand tightly, quickly walking towards his victim. Mr.Sam seems to be going out of his right mind, trying his best to scramble away from his attacker. Kai can’t deny the pleasure he feels as he forces his way across the room, watching with excitement as Mr.Sam’s eyes turns gleamy in panic. 

 

This must be the best part. 

 

 

-

 

 

”Kai? What are you doing down here?” 

 

This time it’s Kai sporting a panic attack. He whips around, taking in the sight of his boxer-clothed husband rubbing his eyes while trying to focus upon Kai. 

 

”B-baby..” Kai croaks, his legs numb as he tries to shield Kyungsoo’s view with his body. 

 

But then his Angel gasps, small feet thrumming over the ice cold basement floor. ”You’re bleeding, Kai! But ..You promised, you promised!” 

 

Kai shakes his head, trying to explain - but what can he say? Kyungsoo’s small fits goes crazy beating on his chest, but Kai feels no pain as Kyungsoo’s not that strong. Kai made sure of that. 

 

”No, Soo, I’m not injured.” 

 

And then another gasp is heard. Kyungsoo screams on the top of his lungs, making Kai frown as his ears gets overloaded with sound. Then Kyungsoo is turning pale, almost white as a sheet and Kai panics once again this day. His Angel’s big eyes is looking at his bloody hands, and blood-stained shirt and then over at the almost unrecognizable human-being once called Sam and the fire of disgust slowly arises in Kyungsoo’s now blank eyes. 

 

”Kyungsoo..” 

 

”Did you try to save him?” Kyungsoo asks Kai, already familiar with the answer all though he refuses to give up on hope just yet. Kai is honest, shaking his head. 

 

Somewhere, in the middle of it all, Kyungsoo sees black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kai walks nervously about the room, always glancing at Kyungsoo, who sits straight, his eyes never leaving the painting hanging on the wall. He seems to be in shock, to be devastated and badly hurt, his dreams crushed. Kai can’t near him, he’s not allowed, not yet. 

 

He’ll have to fix this. 

 

Right now.

 

"I love you, Soo. Do you love me too?" 

 

"No."

 

"Why not?"

 

"You killed an innocent man, Kai!"

 

"Innocent? I asure you, he wanted to hurt you.. didn't you see the way he looked at you?"

 

"N-no! Stop!" Kyungsoo doesn’t understand. Where is this coming from?

 

"The way he touched you?"

 

"Kai, s-stop!" What what what? When? 

 

"Do you think someone like him deserves to live? It's good I got here on time." 

 

"B-but you killed him..." It’s wrong. 

 

"And with good reasons. Didn't I say I will keep you safe. Didn't I?"

 

"Yes, I guess.. but that doesn't-." It’s still not right. 

 

"I kept you safe, right? Now it will never happen again." 

 

"But Kai!" 

 

"Are you questioning my love for you, Kyungsoo?"

 

"N-n-no!" No, no, never. 

 

"Why are you fighting me on this? I am trying to protect you! Don't you understand!?"

 

Kai marches his way up to him, kneeling in front of him, his pocket knife to his throat, eyes gleaming with a threat. 

 

Should I end my life? Am I not good enough for you? 

 

"I understand, I understand. Please, don't get angry. Don't do it.. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Please." You promised. 

 

"Don't you love me?"

 

"Yes! I love you! I love you! Kai, I love you." More than anything. All I have. 

 

Kai sets the knife down, smiling with tears in his eyes now. "I love you too, my baby Soo." 

 

”Nothing will ever change that.” 

 

-

 

 

Months pass then, almost everything going back to normal. Kai gets Kyungsoo stable again, always peppering the boy with kisses and cuddles, taking good care of him. Kyungsoo does now believe Kai’s intention was good - Kai was just protecting because Kai loves Kyungsoo so, so much. 

 

There is no words that can explain Kai’s love, and sometimes, sacrifices must be made.

 

Bingo.

 

-

 

 

”What if the police finds you?”

 

”Won’t happen, Soo. I will never be parted from you, alright, don’t worry.”

 

”How can you be so sure?” 

 

”Just trust me, Kyungsoo.” 

 

Kyungsoo trusts Kai. Of course he trusts Kai.

 

 

-

 

 

Out from the corner of his eye, he sees the boy. He’s walking with knowing steps towards his apartment, oblivious to the form standing deep within the shadows. 

 

Kai is sporting a cold, his nose runny and his eyes swollen, but it doesn’t stop him from his mission. He can’t bare to let this infected soul run his foot over this earth anymore. Everyday, it’s been tearing at his consciousness, and only thinking that Kyungsoo might meet him again makes Kai shiver in disgust and anger. 

 

Over his dead body.

 

Pictures of Kyungsoo devoured by this man, tiny, defenseless and on the cold forest ground as he has this particular stranger above him, using the Angel as he please. Kai almost chokes on his breath.

 

The kill happens quick and soundless, body shattered on the cold, wet ground. Blood pools quickly as well, and Kai’s careful to avoid the infectious wetness. 

 

Disgusting creature.

 

Kai wipes at his nose, stabbing some few more times just for good measure. The flesh of the boy squelch in protest, bones cracking under his blade, blood spurting awfully. 

 

Kai feels sated then. 

 

Be dead, be dead and long gone in hell. Damn be you, with the devil you belong. 

 

His phone then starts vibrating, and Kai knows only one would call him at this time of hour. 

 

”Soo? Baby, why are you up?” Kai whispers into his phone, listening to Kyungsoo’s slow, tired breathing as he yaws. 

 

”I want you to coddle me. Where are you?” Kai smiles at Kyungsoo’s words, sneezing out in the air as he wipes at his nose again. 

 

”Baby Soo, I’ll be there in a second. Go back to sleep meanwhile.” 

 

 

*

 

 

Four months later.

 

 

Kai hugs Kyungsoo close, close to his chest and body, pressing himself between his Angel’s sweet, milky soft thighs. He grinds down roughly, feeling Kyungsoo’s moan vibrate in his mouth as their clothed s rolls against each other. 

 

Kai’s hands roam over Kyungsoo’s bared stomach, feeling up the soft skin, loving the feel of it under his fingertips. Loves the way Soo shudders by his touch itself. 

 

Kyungsoo touches him as well, hands all the way under Kai’s loose white shirt, clawing lightly at his skin as Kyungsoo urges his husband harder down on himself. Kai is happy to comply, groaning when his tongue meets with Kyungsoo’s in an sensual roll. 

 

Kyungsoo seems needy today. 

 

”Did you get rid of the freak who tried to hit on me in the shopping mall yesterday?” Kyungsoo mumbles against Kai’s lips, making his abdomen coo in warmth. Kai nods proudly, loving the appreciation in Kyungsoo’s smile. 

 

”Of course.” is Kai’s answer, his mouth connecting with Kyungsoo’s jaw just to hear him sigh in defeat and throw his head backwards. 

 

Kyungsoo mumbles. ”So good protecting me.”

 

Kai growls at that, playfully, nipping at Kyungsoo’s silky soft skin. ”Always.” 

 

Then there’s a knock at the door, erupting Kai’s down grind, making both male still in confusion because no one knocks at the door, ever. 

 

Kai breathes out, calmly, soothing Kyungsoo’s hair back. Said male looks confused and concerned, so Kai smiles and laughs a little, bending down again so he can kiss the lips of his beloved.

 

”If we’re real quiet the creatures might go away.” Kai smiles, but his eyes are telling Kyungsoo that it’s all a lie.

 

”Police! Open the door!” 

 

Kai keeps his posture. ”You stay here, and I’ll go talk to them and make them go away, alright?” 

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head and clutches dearly at Kai’s shirt, refusing the male to leave without him. Kai is forced to bring his husband with him. 

 

Kai thinks about hiding for a moment, but then he hears dogs from the outside and he realizes there is no turning back. 

 

So he opens the door, Kyungsoo attached to his hip, revealing a handful of armed police officers. Kyungsoo whimpers, pale and eyes big. 

 

”What brings you here, officer?” Kai addresses the closest police creature, gaze cold and judging. They’re all considered a threat, Kai’s blood boils and all he can think of is Kyungsoo.

 

His scared husband. 

 

”Let’s cut the bull, Kim Jongin, you are to be arrested for murder.”

 

And then everything happens so fast. Before any police officer can react, Kai has drawn his knife, holding it threateningly against Kyungsoo’s smooth throat, dragging his husband further into the room. 

 

Away from danger.

 

”Don’t come any closer or I’ll kill him!”

 

Kyungsoo is flabbergasted, the police officers halts and Kai smashes the door in their faces. Extra forces is called.

 

There is not a single scratch on Kyungsoo’s skin and Kai plans to keep it that way. Creating Kyungsoo a victim is smart. 

 

Kai already knows he’s busted and screwed, there is no turning back and he is not taking Kyungsoo with him. Doesn’t mean he’ll allow their lives to part, though. 

 

And then Kyungsoo is crying into his shirt, already aware of Kai’s plan. 

 

”No, Kai, no. I can’t... without... you.” 

Kai wipes his tears. ”No, Kyungsoo. Shh, it will be alright. Remember my promise to you.” 

 

Kai hugs him close, as for the last time, leaving tender kisses over Kyungsoo’s skin. 

 

”Now scream for me.” Kai smirks, sweat trickling at his temple. 

 

Then the house is braking, cracking and glass is shattering. Kyungsoo’s eyes are tightly shut, his shriek of fear sounding real as Kai continue to threaten the police. He creates a tantrum, and not long after the door is pulled open by Kai himself, a crazy gleam in his eyes as he waves the large knife in front of Kyungsoo’s head. 

 

Kai pretends to be distracted by the dogs barking at him, and the police takes no chances, lunging forward, sealing Kai in a steal grip. Kyungsoo is pushed aside, and for a moment Kai goes nuts with resistance because who’s going to catch his Angel’s fall? 

 

They pin Kai down, forcefully, not showing mercy for the serial killer. Kyungsoo cries waves of rives watching his husband be dragged away, his body seeking the other’s touch. Police officers all around denies him, shaking their heads as he’s mad for wanting to be with a monster. They pity him, thinking the boy is destroyed and beyond saving. 

 

Kai never takes his eyes off Kyungsoo, trying to reach his hands out towards him as Kyungsoo does the same, and seeing his tear stained face, he can’t do this. Kai starts fighting the holds on him, shrieking with anger, gaining el shots to be sent through his body, making him go lax in shivers. 

 

Too far away. 

 

Kyungsoo goes mad by this, begging please please, don’t hurt him. But no one listens to the disabled mind-ed kid, dragging Kai’s calmer body into the police car, forcefully shutting the door in Kai face. 

 

”Kai! Kai! Don’t leave me, please!” 

 

But Kai doesn’t hear him and Kyungsoo is left helpless. Arms holding him down, away from his husband, far away, and his little protected heart can’t take it. 

 

All his many years spent with only Kai, flashing before his eyes.

 

Don’t trust strangers.

 

They’re going to hurt you.

 

Only safe with me, Kyungsoo.

 

Devils, only devils in this world.

 

Don’t be fooled, Kyungsoo. The smiles on their faces are masks.

 

Don’t. Trust. Anyone. 

 

The police car is brought away, and Kyungsoo is soothed by a women at his side. He jerks back by her soft touch, glaring at her with eyes filled with angry tears. 

 

”Don’t touch me.” 

 

Then he rocks back and forth, the mumbles coming from his mouth clear and creepy. 

 

Kai.. Kai.. leave me never. He’ll be back... Kai will be... back. Kai... loves me. Kai loves me always. Kai.. Kai..”

 

”Kim Jongin.. mine.” 

 

The creatures around stare at each other with wide eyes, judging the rocking boy emotionally unstable. And when Kyungsoo is to follow them, he throws another tantrum and is soon out. 

 

 

Kai, limp in in the back of the police car, tears running down the corners of his eyes. He can’t get Kyungsoo’s horrified and begging, crying face off his mind. 

 

His Angel.

 

Gone?

 

It’s now Kai just can’t seem to believe in ”happily ever after,” anymore. 

 

His Angel is taken away from him, and by this fact, he feels this great darkness fill his soul, every crinkle and corner of his heart, soul and body turns black as the depth of the ocean. His body goes rigid with coldness, like just reached the bottom of a ice moutain and Kai just knows - they figured out his weakness. They got him.

 

Maybe he won't have his happily ever after, after all.