Prologue

GOOD LUCK TO YOU

I like you the most, you’re the prettiest

Wherever you pass by, your charm overflows

I like you the most, I only need you

Engrave it in your heart, you’re the most precious in the world

Now I’m gonna kiss you now I just wanna kiss you now

I Like You the Best - Beast


He looked at the picture in the camera distracted more by the cute girl in the corner than the flowers which were supposed to be the main focus of the picture. Her soft light brown hair fell over her shoulders reflecting the light leaking through the tree tops. Her small figure and bright smile stole the picture’s spotlight.


"Yah, In-hye! You messed up my picture," he joked as he found a small patch of grass to sit on..

She looked up at him with a playful angry expression. "Then I'll just leave."

He grabbed her hand and smiled. "I was just kidding," he said as her pulled her down to sit on the grass beside him.

In-hye sat down obediently taking the camera from his hands. She focused it in on the flowers in front of them.

“You know what Yoseob?” she asked as she examined her picture.

“What?” he asked back while he peered behind her shoulder looking at her picture.

“My aunt-..” she was cut off by her phone ringing. In-hye stretched over to grab her bag a few feet away to read the message.

“Where are you guys? Late again? –Doojoon”

In-hye’s eyes immediately went over to the corner of her phone to see the time. 12:40. “Yang Yoseob!” she yelled out quickly getting up and pulling his arm. He looked up at her quizzically.

“We’re late….again. Come on…we’re going to get in trouble.”

“I thought you were checking the time?” he said over his shoulder as he went to grab his phone from the bench. They rushed to the school building stopping for a second at the entrance.

“I’ll go get my stuff from my locker and meet you up at yours okay?” he said.

In-hye shook her head before rushing off in the opposite direction. Man why do we always forget to check the time, she wondered as she opened her locker. She was standing beside her locker waiting for Yoseob when she noticed the girl standing a few feet away.

She walked towards her smiling. “Hi! I’m Jang In-hye…um you must be the new girl right? Do you need help finding a class? Are you lost?” she peered over at the paper in the girl’s hand. “Oh that classroom---“

“I don’t need your help,” she answered coldly before walking away. She brushed past In-hye.

In-hye stared as the girl walked away. “Tsk…well no need to be so rude….” she mumbled. She searched the hallway looking for Yoseob.

“Did she brush you off too?” a voice behind her asked.

She turned quickly to find Hyunseung standing in front of her. “Oh…it’s you. What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in class?”

“I ask you the same question. Why are you two late again?”

She looked at him seriously. “It’s not our fault…hey what about you? And what do you mean by ‘did she brush you off too?”

“I’m being an exemplar student and doing an errand for the teacher because I was early to class. As for your second question…I offered her my help earlier too and she told me to get lost.”

“Oh…well how rude. I’m not going to like her if she’s going to be like that.”

Just then Yoseob came up around the hallway. “Come on In-hye,” he said grabbing her hand and giving a quick nod to Hyunseung.

“What were you talking about?” he asked as they power walked to the theater where they held their music class.

In-hye quickly explained what had happened but he didn’t have a chance to respond since they had reached the theater.

He faced In-hye. “We’ll just try to sneak in without her noticing.”

They walked in through the door and had almost made it to their seat when they heard the teacher’s voice. “Yang Yoseob,” Mrs. Kim said while staring amused at the two walking in. “Come here…and you too In-hye.” They slowly walked down the steps with everyone’s eyes on them. Once they were standing in front of the teacher they bowed their heads down.

“Sorry for being late,” In-hye said quietly.

“Well would either of you like to tell us why it is you have interrupted class by being late once again,” she asked stressing out the word “again.”

Yoseob started speaking immediately. “In-hye and I were outside taking pictures for another one of our classes.” The class started giggling.

“It seems your classmates don’t believe you,” Mrs. Kim continued on with the conversation.

Yoseob stared at the class and sighed amused. He turned to face In-hye, who had not risen her head since the moment she had bowed it down. With a slight grin on his face he kissed her cheek. Her head shot up to his, surprised and slightly embarrassed. “Yoseob!” she whispered.

He paid no attention to her and faced the class again. “I have no problem showing my affection for In-hye in front of you all so if that’s the reason you think we’re late then forget it. That’s not the reason why we’re late.” Everyone managed to constrain themselves from giggling too much and just smiled surprised he had actually gone so far to defend himself and In-hye.

“Alright class, calm down,” the teacher said. “You two can sit down now. You’ve already heard my sermon on tardiness so I won’t say it again but it will still count against your grade, okay? And once your buddies back there manage to stop giggling then I’m sure they’ll tell you what we’re doing in class today.”

They both shook their heads before walking back up to their seats in the back row. They sat down amongst the smiling Doojoon, Kikwang, Dongwoon, and Soyi.

“Yoseob! I can’t believe you actually gave that excuse,” Doojoon kept laughing to himself.

“Yoon Doojoon, stop leave him alone,” In-hye said trying to drop the subject. “So what are we doing today?” Seeing that the boys were of no use she turned to Soyi for an answer.

“We’re supposed to work on our songs. They’re due to her today at midnight at the latest. How’s your song going?” she said with the slightest hint of a smile at what had just happened.

“Yoseob and I are almost done. We just have a few lines in the second verse to write. Do you know if we’ll actually be singing it with the person we wrote it with?”

“Hmm..I thought so before but the other class is ahead of us and I’ve heard some of them were rearranged with different people. Why? You want to sing it with Yoseob right?”

In-hye shook her head immediately. “I hope so but knowing my luck I’ll end up with someone else.”

Soyi laughed. “Maybe..you could end up with…” she looked over the class thinking, “oh I know you might end up with Yong Junhyung!” she said playfully.

In-hye stared back at her shaking her head, “Soyi! Don’t say that. He’s probably the last person I would want to work with. Mr. I’m so cool I won’t talk to you. Why is he always so serious and cold anyways?”

Soyi just laughed at In-hye as Hyunseung walked in and sat down.

“Hyunseung! You just missed the funniest thing ever!” Doojoon yelled out unwilling to drop the subject.

“Really? What?”

Doojoon was deprived of retelling what had happened as Mrs. Kim started speaking again.

“Now that everyone is here I would like to take the opportunity to introduce you all to our new student, not just in the school but to this class,” she nodded her head for the girl to stand up.

“Ah! It’s that mean girl!” both In-hye and Hyunseung said at the same time as soon as they saw her.

“You mean the one who was rude to you?” asked Yoseob.

In-hye shook her head paying attention to what she was saying.

“Hello everyone. My name is Seo Miran. I used to live in Jeju but because of my father’s business we had to move to Seoul. I can already tell this is a great school and I’ve already met lots of nice people…” she paused for a second, “um…like Jang In-hye and Hyunseung…I think that’s his name. They were really nice to me and I wanted to thank them and anyone else who offered their help. I hope to make great memories and friends here. Thank you,” she bowed one last time before sitting down.

“That’s the girl who you said was rude to you?” Yoseob asked again, only this time he seemed confused.

Confusion was also written all over In-hye’s and Hyunseung’s faces. In-hye shook her head slowly, “Why is she all nice now?”

“Maybe she was having a bad morning,” Soyi said.

In-hye turned to look over at her cousin questioningly. His confusion had washed off his face and he just raised his eyebrows and shrugged. “I still don’t like her….she’s probably just being a hypocrite.”

“How do you know? That’s kind of harsh,” Dongwoon answered back.

“I just do. When I spoke to her earlier I sensed she was no good person. I just got the feeling and I’m not being harsh. Just watch and see…I bet her actions will prove it later,” he explained.

No one said anything anymore while In-hye stared down at the girl’s back puzzled. Hyunseung was never wrong about people.


So I hope this wasn't too bad. Is the layout confusing? I'll accept any constructive criticism! XD