Chapter One

Art Of Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

The beautiful women posed seductively and smiled at the camera. But the camera wasn't exactly what they were smiling. The man behind the camera was in fact the one that caught their attention.

Kyuhyun pressed the button on the top of the camera and smiled. "Alright, that was great. And you..." He pointed at one of the girls. "I love that pose but I think it should be just a bit more graceful, this is a white sundress, right?" The woman adjusted her position and he nodded. "Yeah, that's really good."

He clicked the button once more and gestured towards another girl. "And I'd like you to smile just a bit more. Smile like you're going on a date with the man you love most, it is spring, beautiful time of the year."

After a few more pictures, he gave a grin and nodded, saying, "Amazing. That was good, ladies." As he went off to discuss the photos with the staff, the girls sat down on comfortable chairs and rested themselves.

"Are you really sure, Hyorin?" one asked as she noticed her friend staring at Kyuhyun. "I've heard many things about him. Most of it was just one night in bed."

The other girls giggled as Hyorin answered, "Oh, whatever. I mean, I have a special kind of clothing at home and I might want to use it."

"Whoa, being brave, are we?" another asked.

Hyorin smirked and nodded as she glanced at Kyuhyun's direction. She took one look towards the girls. "Since none of you are going to talk to him, I will." Then she winked and walked over to the man who just finished speaking with the crew. "Hello, Kyuhyun." She might've said that flirtaciously.

Kyuhyun immediately responded with a charming smile. "Well, hello." He looked her from head to toe and snapped his finger once. "Hyojung, am I right?" She nodded as an answer. "Ah... you are very pretty, you know that?"

"Oh, thank you," she smiled. "I just wanted to ask, since all the rest are shy to... are you free later?"

"I should be asking you that, shouldn't I?" he replied handsomely. "Well, most of my week is packed, but I'm definitely free Saturday night after 7:00."

"Hm, that's interesting," she told him playfully. "I'm kind of free all week, especially Saturday night. Can we make a plan?"

"I'm sure it can work," he grinned. "Won't mind spending an hour or more with you. Where would you want to meet up?"

"At the end of the day, we can meet up right outside the building," she answered. "We can go to my place. I have something really nice there."

"Nice, then I'll meet you at 7:10 outside, Friday night."

"Great." She seductively rubbed his arm. "I look forward to it." Then she left him and returned to the other girls.

Kyuhyun smirked and turned around, only to be shocked by his younger friend. "Henry!" He put his hand over his chest. "Can you just... not do that?"

"Do what?" Henry laughed. "Sneak up on you while you're talking to hot, gorgeous women?" The older man rolled his eyes as he started walking and Henry following. "I assume you got a date? And as always, you're going to make it 'special'?"

Kyuhyun sighed. "What do you want, Henry?"

"I had something to tell you."

He sighed again. "Henry, the fact that you have 60,000 followers on Instagram does not make you a professional photographer, we discussed this."

"What? No! That's not it!" Henry grumbled and stopped his friend from walking. "Yunho hyung said that the magazine needs a picture of some kind of art. I mean, the comic strips you put in the kid's magazines are great, but we need something like a painting or a sculpture to show children art, and we all know you're level of profession is more on the photography, cartoony style."

"So he said that I need to take a picture of art," Kyuhyun mumbled.

"He was also a bit specific with it. He wanted something new, something that's never been seen before. And he knows this one artist who had just finished something herself."

"Okay, so who is it?"

"Seo Joohyun," Henry quickly replied.

"Who?"

He hesitated, but then repeated it. "Seo Joohyun."

Kyuhyun stayed silent for a while. "You mean... Seohyun-ah?" He shut his eyes and hit his head with his palm. "Of all people, he wants me to ask Seohyun, my ex-girlfriend. The one that broke up with me."

"Two years ago!" Henry stated, persuasively. "Plus, you have to listen to your brother, he knows what he's asking for. It's Seohyun, for goodness' sake."

"But it still feels a bit awkward to see her," Kyuhyun whined.

Henry put his hands near his head. "You see her every weekend. You two talk all the time, you guys are friends!"

"We're not exactly friends, Henry, it's complicated," Kyuhyun sighed. "I can talk to her, it's just... it's still hard to remember that she and I used to be together and do all those things that couples do. We used to hold hands and kiss and hug and go on romantic walks in the park. It's so hard to even think of her as a friend."

"Is that why you go out with girls all the time?" Henry asked. "You're trying to forget that?"

Kyuhyun widened his eyes towards the younger one and his mouth fell. "No, that's not why I go out with girls all the time, you little—"

"Then prove it, hyung, prove that you can talk to her," Henry said. "This is for the magazine. It's not like you're asking her to take you back. Just ask to take a picture of one of her sculptures."

"Fine!" Kyuhyun groaned. "When do I need it by?"

"Monday next week."

"I'll ask her this weekend," he muttered. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some cartoons to sketch." And he walked off.

 

 

"Almost..." the woman whispered as she raised her card up to the top of the tower completely made of cards. "Almost... there..." Gently, she placed the card in its spot, flat on top of two cards leaning against each other, forming a triangle. She smiled. "Perfect."

Suddenly, someone entered the room hard and frustrated, causing the tower of cards to fall down. "Seohyun!"

The woman, Seohyun, stared at the fallen cards in sadness before glancing at the caller. "Yes?"

The older man in front of her looked at the mess of cards. "What were you doing?" Before she could answer, he just shook his hand in dismissal and continued. "Seohyun-ah, there's been a change in plans. Your sculpture will not be put in the museum and it will not even be put on any articles. Apparently, someone else submitted some art piece that was 'even more unique' than yours."

Seohyun only shrugged at the man and said, "Well, that's fine, oppa. I'll try again next time."

"You're not even a little bothered by what they said?" he asked her.

"No, I'm really not," sh

Please log in to read the full chapter