Final

Scent

 

Jinwoo doesn't know why or when did this habit start, but, before he knew it, he had been doing it for so long. He had always loved the scent coming off of Mino's body---a strong, enticing aroma. Every chance he gets, he would always sneakily sniff him. Be it when they're watching a movie beside each other, when he's occupied with something, or when he's dozing off, Jinwoo would always take this opportunity and steal a sniff from him. No matter how hard he tries to avoid it, he just can't help himself. It became his addiction---his guilty pleasure.

Although deep in his heart, he's ashamed of what he's doing, Jinwoo just shakes it off, thinking that nothing's wrong with it. It's normal for people to like pleasing scents, right? I bet I'm not the only one who does it; he would say to himself. He would always find an excuse to reassure himself. Before he knew it, denial has been a part of him since then.

 


 

It's nearly midnight, and all the members of Winner got home from their exhausting performance. Everyone easily fell asleep from tiredness, except Jinwoo, who found himself unable to sleep. His eyes was still wide open, not feeling a tiny bit heavy. He rolled to the side of his bed, forcing himself to sleep, but, much to his distress, his body just won't rest. Irritated, Jinwoo sat up from his bed and stared at the window. He saw the velvet night sky, filled with thousands of shining stars. The moon was especially brighter and fuller; he thought to himself.

Jinwoo stood up, wanting to get a closer view. He leaned his arms on the window as he stared at the sky. For an unknown reason, even to himself, Jinwoo thought of him. The stars reminded him of Mino, who's dreams is to shine brightly above the rest. Jinwoo smiled at the thought of it. He always were fascinated with Mino---how he's hard-working, how he's doing everything to achieve his dreams, and how he's giving all his best to be on the top. For that, Jinwoo's happy to be a part of the group. Happy to be beside him.

 


 

The cold morning breeze passing through the window sent shivers throughout Jinwoo's whole body. It was already bright and all the members were up, eating breakfast, except for him, who's still fast asleep. He pulled the blanket closer to his body, ignoring the shouts of their leader, Seungyoon, from the outside of the room. He continued to sleep, as his body clock knew when to wake up, not needing an alarm clock to let him know. Also, his 8-hour sleep hasn't been completed yet---he went to sleep at 3 am last night, looking at the night sky for hours. 

Furious as he is, Seungyoon commanded Mino to come to their room and wake Jinwoo up. Seungyoon could only count on him for he's the only one who wasn't doing anything---all the members were busy preparing for breakfast, while he's just lying on the sofa. Much to Seungyoon's confusion, Mino immediately obeyed him and went to their room. He was always stubborn and refuses to take orders from Seungyoon, so why is it that he obeyed him that easily? But if it was to his convenience, Seungyoon just shrugged it off and thanked him for it.

Jinwoo mumbled as his cheeks gets poked by a warm, rough fingers. He covered his face with his blanket as he fights off the noise Mino's chuckles were making. In his mind, he's still wandering off in his dreamland, having the usual dream he dreams of. There he was, sitting on a comfortable sofa, reading his favorite book, not caring to bother what's happening around him. Suddenly, a familiar, strong scent lingered around. The scent he always loved and looked forward to---Mino's.

Mino sat beside him, staring at him as he continues to read the book. Jinwoo just smiled, enjoying his company. He could smell him from where he was sitting, removing his concentration from the book. Mino poked his head out towards Jinwoo, cheekily smiling. Jinwoo peered his eyes through his book and saw Mino, staring at him with such gentle and loving eyes. He can't help but blush at the sight. Mino moved in closer towards him, reaching out his hands for Jinwoo's cheek. He caressed it gently, giving Jinwoo goosebumps all over his body. He closed his eyes as Mino continues to touch him, enjoying the moment.

"Minooo.. you smell really gooood.. can I.. sniff you?" he murmured, slightly smiling.

Unexpectedly, Mino seemed unsurprised of the fact Jinwoo was dreaming of him, wanting to sniff him. He chuckled, tousling Jinwoo's bed hair. He stared at him with adoration in his eyes. 

"Haven't you always did, though? Why ask for my permission now."