Five.

One Fine Day

BGM : Adhitia Sofyan - WYL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mLiC6N20zc

 

 

 

               You could feel the soft breeze in your hair while you were walking through the park. The sun was warm on your skin and shining like gold through the trees. There was a distant sound of children laughing. “They’re probably playing tag,” you chuckled. Today was your definition of a perfect day.

                You reached the water fountain, and you caught a glimpse of yourself through the waters reflection. “I look like a puffball,” you pouted. You kept fidgeting in the new sun dress that you bought. You felt insecure. Even if you took that extra half an hour to do your makeup and curl your hair, you still felt like a total mess. You were usually a sneakers & jeans, oversized-tee type of girl. But today was special. Today... You were meeting him.

                It’s been exactly a month since you last saw him. He’s been busy working overseas. Even if he wasn’t overseas, his schedule was always so tight you barely get to see each other anyway. So every chance you get, you wanted things to be as perfect as possible. But as you checked your wrist watch, you grumbled and wondered where he was. He was late.

                You hoped that he didn’t get lost. After all, the park was pretty big. “Impossible,” you shook your head in your own disagreement. This was one of his favorite places. “He probably got sidetracked by food vendors or skate boarders,” you snickered in amusement of your own thought, because it was most likely to happen. You’ve always found it intriguing how he manages to find every single thing fascinating. For Chris sake, he’ll probably think making a hotdog is cool.

                You were about to call him when you notice a bunch of balloons in the distance coming closer towards your direction. “How peculiar,” you wondered as you knew this part of the park was secluded, so nobody usually comes there. You squint your eyes when you see a fuzzy but familiar silhouette. It was him.

                He had on his jean shorts and a simple white shirt, which made him look like he was glistening in the sunlight. You saw a bandana tied on his waist. You assumed that he probably thought it would give him swag. “Adorable,” you whispered under your breath. His hair color changed from the last time you saw him. It was now an auburn brown type of color. But you could tell it was still his signature messy fluffy hair even from afar.

                He catches your gaze, and smiled his 100 watt smile, flashing his pearly white teeth. A smile that of a happy child. You could immediately hear your own heart pounding, and feel the rush of blood to your cheeks giving you a subtle blush. You felt as if you could turn into a puddle of goo just by looking at that smile. You felt as is you were falling in love all over again.

He shouted your name and waved as he quickened his pace towards you.

“Definitely sidetracked,” you thought while looking at the balloons he was holding.

“These are for you!”  He handed you a bundle of rubber band attached to the balloons.

“These are... A lot...” you said, speechless at his gift.

“Well, the blue balloon reminded me of you. Your favorite color is blue.  So I bought it. But then I saw Mickey Mouse and Doraemon and I couldn’t decide on which on to buy because you like them both. So I just got them.” He said innocently.

“And why is Poporo and Nemo here?” you asked while looking at the two remaining balloons he hadn’t mentioned.

“They told me they’ll get lonely if I took all their friends. So I bought them too.” He explained with a grin on his face. How you loved his adorable but stupid-looking, but still adorable looking grin. You were stunned at his answer. You knew he had a 4D personality, but his responses always seem to surprise you every time.

You started to laugh your heart out at his answer, AND that darn grin of his. You suddenly felt a warm embrace hugging you tight. He kissed the top of your head, then whispered in your ear, “I’ve missed your laugh.” He released you and gripped your shoulders. He stared into your eyes with a look that could pierce into your soul and said,

 

I’ve missed you...

 

And there you stood looking into each other’s eyes.

This was one of those moments in K-dramas where everything happens in slow motion with birds fluttering everywhere, you pictured in your mind. But leave it to him to ruin the mood.

In a split second, his expression changed from a soul grabbing hottie, to a giddy little boy sticking his tongue out at you.

“Hey!” you pursed your lips at his sudden change.

“Ouch!” he said as you playfully punched his shoulder.

“I’ve missed you too, Tae.” You took a step closer to cuddle in his chest again.

You could smell a faint whiff of his cologne. It was light and airy. It made you feel like you’re walking in the country side with grass around and a cool breeze blowing through. You’ve always loved how he smelled. Heck. You’ve always loved everything about him. He was quirky and weird. Almost alien-like. But you could see the sincerity in everything he does or everyone he meets. That was what made you fall in love with him in the first place, aside from that deep husky voice of his which you think is y as hell.

“So what do you want to do today?” he asked as he tilted his head to one side.

“The weathers nice today, let’s just walk around,” you suggested.

“Your wish is my command, My Lady” he bowed offering his hand.

“You’re so cheesy,” you giggled as you accepted his gesture.

“But I know My Beautiful Lady likes cheesy,” he smirked as the kissed the back of your hand then intertwined your fingers together.

 

To be continued....