A Song for You

A Song for You

It is one of those nights when Jinyoung feels exhaustion swarms in him totally. Despite dozen cups of coffee, bowls of quick ramen or peppero sticks, Jinyoung falls in deep slumber on one of the couches in the studio after a long and tiring duel with lyrics and melody arguing to be complimented in his mind. His fingers, tired and torn from every press in the keyboard and scribbles spread across his sheets.

It is also one of those nights when Dongwoo decides to go back to the studio after tucking the kids in bed and worrying over their leader who works strenuously for the team. Even though Jinyoung has told him he'll go home a little late than his usual 1am arrivals, Dongwoo doesn't fail to notice the tired eyes and unstoppable yawns Jinyoung has been showing in their fansign awhile ago. He had to squeeze the leader's skinny palms under the table, asking if he's all right. Jinyoung only smiled back, squeezing the hand back but Dongwoo had known better. Jinyoung is plainly exhausted from trying to make it to the back to back fan-signing events and filming for an episode for his drama.  

He enters the building with his swipe key and climbs the stairs to the studio. It's so quiet and Dongwoo wonders if the guard has done his rounds. 

Dongwoo creaks the door open and he smiles to himself as he lays eyes on a boy with dark raven hair, hiding under a thin layer of jacket and music sheets. 

Now, he doesn't hate it when Jinyoung works hard. It's a good sign that Jinyoung strives for the better. The thing that annoys him though is when Jinyoung over exerts and forgets to rest. It annoys him bigtime, like how to control Chansik's fits, or to stop Junghwan from consuming too much food, or to prevent Sunwoo from teasing his hyungs and Chansik. These little things seem okay but sometimes, Dongwoo is annoyed over it.

He kneels beside the couch and runs a head on Jinyoung's head and pushes the bangs back, exposing the forehead. He leans closer and presses a kiss on the forehead making Jinyoung stir for a moment and open his eyes.

"Dongwoo," Jinyoung breathes mindlessly and stretches his arms lazily, making the music sheets sprawl on the floor and his jacket slips down. Dongwoo smiles and presses another kiss on his cheeks.

"Hey," he stirs, "You sure you don't want to go home yet? The kids are already asleep."

Jinyoung lets out a yawn and rubs his one closed eye. He just stares at Dongwoo and smiles a soft smile. "I had a dream." He says, cupping Dongwoo's face with his left hand and facing the older man with such intent.

"Yeah? What is it about?" Dongwoo asks as he sits on the floor and pushes himself close to Jinyoung.

"I was writing a song," Jinyoung says, turning to his side and cupping Dongwoo's face with both hands. "I was writing a song about you."

Dongwoo smiles and wipes the tear coming from the corner of Jinyoung's eyes after letting out a yawn. "Really? Did it make it to the charts?"

Jinyoung shakes his head and Dongwoo freezes at that. "So, it didn't make it to the chart? I'm sure it was still good, it's your song."

Jinyoung smiles and tries to get up. He sits on the couch, and pulls Dongwoo for a hug. 

He misses times like this when he can have Dongwoo for himself, can hug the older all alone and savor the stillness, feeling each other's company. He likes it when Dongwoo would be there, against him, putting up with him, staying with him because nothing beats the wonderful life of being famous than to feel the person you love the most supporting you all the way and coming home to Dongwoo at the end of an exhausting day. 

Dongwoo wraps his arms around Jinyoug tightly, knowing that The younger enjoys basking in the warmth.

"Let's clean up then head back," Dongwoo says and Jinyoung nods, making his chin hit Dongwoo's shoulder. The older smiles and they both pulls the plugs, piles the music sheets and turns off the components.

Jinyoung walks behind Dongwoo and reaches for his hand. They head back home with hands entwined and in complete silence under the cold night. Jinyoung can't wait for summer, he thinks to himself. Dongwoo would check on him once in a while and he would simply flash a soft smile, his eyes, turning into a foxlike charm.

By the time they reached home, he flops on the bed after a quick wash up. Dongwoo sinks into the bed beside him. Jinyoung automatically cuddles beside Dongwoo and the older wraps a tight arm around Jinyoung's waist. Jinyoung reaches up to kiss Dongwoo on the lips, and succeeds.

"Why didn't your song make it on the charts?" Dongwoo asks and Jinyoung smiles at how paranoid Dongwoo can sometimes get. If he's the insecure one, Dongwoo sure is the curious-paranoid-bear between the two of them.

Jinyoung nuzzles his face on Dongwoo's chest, taking in the wonderful scent.

"I didn't release it that's why." Jinyoug replies simply and pulls the coverlet across their chests.

Dongwoo looks at him confused. Jinyoung wipes the furrowed eyebrows and smiles brightly.

"In my dreams, I only sang it to you, only to you." Jinyoung replies after letting along and wide yawn. Dongwoo smiles and leans down to press a kiss on Jinyoung's cheeks.

It is one of those nights where nothing else matters for Dongwoo but the sleeping man cradled in his arms. He simply enjoys staring at Jinyoung's peaceful face despite the lines streaking out of exhaustion and efforts to promote B1A4 almost any time of the day. He smiles at the thought of Jinyoung writing a song for him. He thinks, he would like that, a song sang only for him. He hugs the younger tighter and Jinyoung mewls a soft contented sound in Dongwoo's arms.