The first meeting and The first goodbye

I know it is you, so don't go

Sehun had always been the shy one while Luhan was the active one. Smiling and talking to others freely, the words blurted out weren't even minded and didn't take time to blurt a word, that is Luhan but Sehun is a different story. He rarely talk, the only thing that he founded interesting was his piano and the books on his bookshelves. While Luhan spent most time outside, enjoying the nature, Sehun locked himself in the house, he barely spend time with his parents as they were always busy, taking care of the their farm which were well-known, barely had time for Sehun nor Luhan. But other thing that caught Sehun's interest other than the piano and his books was Kim Jongin.

He had always watched from far as Luhan brought his friend Jongin to their house, playing at the yard together despite Jongin was visually impaired. Yes, Jongin was blind, but his blindness didn't stop Sehun from watching him. His smile, his laughter, Sehun always wanted to be Luhan for one reason, and it is because of Kim Jongin. But he was to shy to step out of the house and join them, so when Luhan brought Jongin over, he would sit next to the window and play the piano as it was his only way to communicate with Jongin. 

So when Luhan brought him out to meet Jongin, he can't help but to flush.

"Come on! I must introduce you to Jongin!" Luhan chirped brightly as he tugged on Sehun's small arm, pulling the shy boy outside with him. "Sehun come on!" The boy tugged harder on Sehun's arm before both of them landed on the hard cemented floor with a loud thud which startled Jongin who were crouching silently, while their cat, Pinku.

"What is that?" Jongin asked as his palms the ground, searching for the source of the sound. 

"That is me and Sehun." Came Luhan's immediate reply as he helped to lift Sehun from the ground before pulling the latter again toward Jongin. "I brought Sehunalong with me today!" 

The sides of Jongin's lip curled as a small smile appeared on his name upon hearing the name 'Sehun'. He rose from the ground abruptly, making himself unbalanced. "Help!" 

Sehun shoved past Luhan as he circled his arm on Jongin's waist before the boy could fall, he kept his grip tight not wanting the boy to slid out from his grasp. "You..you okay?" He started as looked at Jongin, who were smiling instead of having panicked expression.

Jongin's hand touched Sehun's arm as he lurched slowly for the hand. He slowly intertwined their fingers together and the smile appeared again.

"Sehun.." He smiled wider as he slowing raised his hand up before roaming it on Sehun's chest, he slowly slid his hand up to Sehun's face, his hand stopped roaming there as he caressed Sehun's cheek. "You have a soft skin." Jongin muttered before he moved his hand again, stopping on Sehun's nose as he touched it. "And a perfect structured nose." 

Sehun cleared his throat awkwardly before grabbing Jongin's hand on his nose as he pulled it down. He pulled himself from being close to Jongin with his arm still wrapped tight on Jongin's waist. "Thanks." He muttered as he brought his hand to his nape as he rubbed it. 

"Oh someone is shy." Luhan snickered before draping his arm on Jongin's shoulder as he pulled Jongin to him, Sehun's arm on his waist tangled off as Luhan used force. "Jonginnie you should not touch Sehun that way, he doesn't like it."

"Oh-"

"I do like it!" Sehun accidentally blurted out before his cheeks redden due to embarrassment. "I mean, I don't hate it." 

Jongin smiled again as he raised his hand again, roaming it in the air, he groaned in annoyance as he didn't manage to touch what he want. Sehun saw it, so he grabbed Jongin's hand and held on it tight. "Tell me what do you need?"

"I want to touch you again." 

Luhan threw Jongin a strange look which Jongin couldn't see. "That sounds inappropriate." 

"I don't mean it that way!" 

Sehun chuckled before dragging Jongin's hand to Luhan's cheek as he smacked it lightly with Jongin's hand. "You just slapped Luhan's face." 

"Wow I have always wanted to do that." Jongin exclaimed.

 

After the first meet, three of them stuck together like chewy gum, but Sehun felt as he was just third-wheeling in between Luhan and Jongin, he knew they noticed his presence there but he just could not mutter any word or joke that could make Jongin smile or laugh as Luhan did, as Luhan was the type to talk and tease more, Sehun was always gentle to Jongin, he would bond with Jongin through touches, that was his way, but he honestly wanted to be like Luhan.

"Luhan please give it back, you know I can't see you." A small pout appeared on Jongin's face as he moved his hand around, searching for Luhan. "I need it back." 

"No." Luhan's side of lip curled in a smirk as he wiggle the braille book in the air. "Tell me first who gave you this then I will give it back."

"Luhan." Sehun called out strictly as he rose from the grassy ground. "Give it back."

"Nooooooo~" Luhan singsong as he stepped further from Jongin, waving the book in the air. "Tell me who gave you this first." 

"Why do you want to know?!" Jongin yelled out as he ran toward Luhan's way which he heard the voice came from. Luhan moved aside before Jongin could come in contact with him which made Jongin tumbled down the ground. 

"Jongin!" Sehun called out as he rushed toward Jongin who had straightened himself on the ground, rubbing his elbow who were scratched a bit and had few blood oozing out. " Jongin, you okay?" Sehun asked as he crouched down the ground next to Jongin, grabbing the elbow Jongin was rubbing as he checked it out himself. "Damn you are bleeding." 

"I'm fine." Jongin muttered weakly as he tried to pull his hand but Sehun pulled it again. 

"You are not." Sehun sighed as he averted his head to Luhan, shooting a glare to his brother. "Luhan don't ever do that anymore." 

Luhan crouched down next to Jongin to as he took the arm Sehun was gripping on. "I'm sorry...I just wanted to know..." He said as he pressed his lip on the wound. "I'm really sorry." 

Sehun can't help but to clench his fist at the scene right in front of his eyes. He lowered his head to the ground as he pulled on the grass, sighing a lil.

"I understand, it's okay." Jongin mumbled out, flushing a bit by the sudden peck of lip on his elbow. "It's from my mother by the way..she came to visit yesterday and this was my birthday gift." 

"Birthday?" Luhan asked, a smirk was lingering on his lip but he acted like he was surprised.

"You forget about it don't you? You too Sehun." Jongin murmured sadly as he pouted.

"I don-"

"How could I forget Jonginnie?" Luhan exclaimed as he fished something out from his pocket, a small box, he pulled out a small box before taking Jongin's hand as he placed it on Jongin's palm. "Sehun maybe forget but I would never." 

"What is this?" Jongin asked as he touched the box.

"Let me put it on for you." Luhan said as he took the box, pulling off the lid as he fished out a silver necklace. He crouched behind Jongin before putting on the necklace on around Jongin's neck. "I know this seems girly but it suits you." Luhan rubbed his nape as a blush appeared on his cheeks. 

"I like it, thanks Luhan." Jongin said as he touched the necklace that weighed on his neck.

Luhan pulled the square chain that were hung along on the necklace as he placed it in Jongin's palm. "I made the word craved on this could be read just like a braille, so try to read it." 

Jongin touched the chain, following Luhan's order. "L." He said the first word as he moved to the next. "U." He stopped at the word as he frowned. "Did you crave lust?" 

Sehun can't help but to chuckle as he checked the chain. The grin his face faded as it was replaced with a scowl. "He did not crave that on." 

"Then what is-"

"Just continue reading." 

Jongin continued again as he moved to the next word. "H." Jongin paused again. "Wait is it Luhan?" 

"You're correct! But there is still more word so read it all." Luhan chirped excitedly.

Sehun rose from the ground as he could not take it anymore. "I will go back then." He muttered.

"Wait!" Jongin yelled as he waved his hand, searching for Sehun's which Sehun gladly took. "Where is my present?"

"I don't remember your birthday." Sehun lied as he released Jongin's hand. 

"Then..at least spend your time with me."

"I have piano classes." Sehun gave excuse again.

"But-"

"Just let him go. You know Sehun's piano classes was way important." 

Sehun fisted his hand as he released a sigh. He just walked away from there, ignoring Jongin's cries of his name.

 

 

"You seems stressed." Yixing, Sehun's piano lesson teacher said as he pulled Sehun's hands from the boards. "I can feel it through the way you play." 

"I'm okay." Sehun muttered as he swayed his hand off Yixing's grip. He set his fingers back on the board as he started playing the song he was practicing with Yixing, Abandoned. The song was supposed to be about breakup, but Sehun used his parents because they didn't really focus on him but as he got to know Jongin, the song started to revolve around Jongin, Sehun knew he was visually impaired but maybe he couldn't see his love either and he knew the reason.

"Luhan." He clenched his jaw as he pressed hard on the boards before stopping, groaning in anger. 

"See, you are stressed." Yixing snickered as he rose from the seat, taking his bag next to him. "Keep practicing, the competition is next week and I don't want to lose." He smirked before waving his hand as he walked out of the practice room.

Sehun slammed his head on the keyboards, the sound that screeched his ears were ignored as he let out a breathy sigh. He wasn't like this before, his mind was used to revolve around himself but Jongin in his life as addition, it changed everything. He slowly raised his head from the boards as he straightened himself on the stool, pulling out a tiny well-decorated box out of his slacks' pocket. The lid were removed as he stared at the black bracelet, it seemed simple but it was Sehun's treasure and he wanted to give it to Jongin. He slammed the box on the piano, as he sighed again. 

"Stop dreaming." He murmured before leaning his head on the wooden surface of the piano, staring at the blue wall of his practice room, it was painted blue so he could feel way relaxed but he didn't feel it now. 

Sehun jerked his head to the door when he heard the loud creak, eyebrow furrowed as it was Jongin who were entering the room, his hand touching the wall to support himself, he didn't mutter any word as he just kept on roaming his hand on the wall before stopping. "I'm not in the wrong room." Jongin smiled as he yanked his hand away before starting to walk, the luck wasn't on his side when he tripped over Sehun's books on the ground. 

Sehun scrunched his face at the loud thud before taking the box on the piano as he shoved it down his pocket before he rose from the seat abruptly, pacing toward Jongin who was groaning in pain as he still lied down on the cold tile. "This hurt so bad." He groaned as his hand slowly slid down to his waist.

"You should have brought Luhan!" Sehun yelled as he curled his arm on Jongin's back, yanking the latter with him. "You are so stupid Jongin." Sehun shook his head as he dropped Jongin gently on the couch in the room.

"I want to be alone with you, without Luhan." Jongin said as his eyes were looking straight at the wall. "You know you rarely talk, so I want to talk with you." He touched the couch's surface as he patted his hand lightly on it. "Maybe I can't see, but I can listen."

 

“There is nothing to talk about.” Sehun mumbled softly.

“There is!” Jongin yelled when he heard a small footstep, which meant Sehun just spun. “I have something to tell you!”

“What is it?” Sehun spun again, facing Jongin. A small smile climbed on his face when Jongin smiled.

“Luhan just asked me out.” Jongin beamed as lurched his hand to the necklace secured on his neck. “He just asked me out Hun.”

Sehun body froze at the news, he just stared at Jongin, his lips were shaking as he couldn’t force himself to mutter any word out, he remained silent. He slowly stepped aback, a step further from Jongin. He forced a smile on his face. “Good.” He murmured out before spinning his feet to another way, running out of the practice room as he left Jongin puzzled.

 

He just ran, he didn’t stop till he reached the lake where he always hung out alone. Plopping himself down the soft grass, he cried out. It was his own mistake too, he should have confessed, yet no, he kept mum, watching Luhan and Jongin as he stood by the side. He slowly reached for the box in his pocket, pulling the lid open roughly as he stared at the contain.

“This is no use anymore.” He muttered as he pulled the necklace out. He threw the box away before crouching on the grass. “Goodbye.” He added as he placed the necklace between the grasses.

 

 

“Are you sure this time?” Yixing asked as he set his thigh that were on couch down, staring at Sehun in disbelief. “I mean at first you don’t want to leave because of that blind kid? So why now?”

“I want to continue this career, I won’t get anything by living in this village.” Sehun murmured as he fixed his piano books arrangement. “That blind kid name is Jongin by the way.”

Yixing scoffed before folding his arms on his chest. “He rejected you, didn’t he?” He snickered. “Come on Sehun, it is just love.”

“It is not because of him!” Sehun yelled, pushing all the books down with force as the rage took over him. “He is nothing to me!” He added, still yelling. He sighed before pushing his hair back. “I’m sorry.”

“He is really something huh?” Yixing slowly stood from the couch as his gaze softened on Sehun. “But really, you should move on.” He added before letting out a soft chuckle. “Tomorrow, 3pm. Be at the airport.” He told before walking out of the practice room.

 

 

Sehun slung his bag on his shoulder as he looked at himself that were reflected on the mirror. It was the day, he would finally leave everything behind that day. His heart felt heavy, his feet were too heavy for him to lift it up and walk away from the place, piano was just out of boredom and he never wanted to further his career. He brushed his hair as he just sighed, before walking to the door. As his hand were reaching the knob, the door were pulled open.

“Sehun.” Jongin called out softly, but his expression stated that he was worried. “Sehun are you here?” He called out again, hand lifted up as he waved it in the air.

Sehun remained on his spot, just a few centimetres away from Jongin, if Jongin stepped forward a step, and stretched his hand out, he would be touching Sehun. He didn’t mutter anything out as he just watched Jongin who were still moving his hand.

“Sehun please tell me you are here.” Jongin pleaded with a sad tone, his voice was close to breaking. “You haven’t leave right?”

Sehun hung his head down, feeling bad. But he couldn’t reply, he just wanted their separation to be this way, no word mutter out. He knew even a slight step could be heard by Jongin so he remained silent. His hand were aching to embrace Jongin in his arms, but he held it. It should be this way.

Jongin dropped his hand, a tear slipped down his cheek. “You have really gone.” He murmured, a light chuckle escaped. “You didn’t even say goodbye.” He added, the tears slipped down his face again, this time it didn’t stop. His hand moved again as he touched his pant before slowly sliding it to his pocket, his hand tucked it in his pant’s pocket as he pulled out something.

Sehun scrunched his eyebrow as he watched the red bead Jongin pulled out, the red bead seemed familiar. He watched as Jongin dropped the bead down the floor, puzzled at why the boy was doing so, dropping a really tiny bead which Sehun was sure he could not pick up anymore.

“I used to call it my lucky bead, it was from you. It was the bead that comforted me, I don’t know how does it look like but I think if it was from you it must be something precious isn’t it?” Jongin chuckled before he continued. “I used to think that it was the bead, now I know it is actually you the reason I stopped crying that time. But now that you are gone, the bead is no longer mine.” Jongin head were hung down as the tears dropped down on the wooden floor. “And, there would not be a reason to stop crying anymore.”

Sehun clenched his fist as he held the urge to take Jongin in his arms, he held the sobs that were trying to escape his mouth as he just watched Jongin, crying and looking devastated in front of him. He just stared as Jongin touched the walls as guide for him to walk, although he tripped on the floor, Sehun didn’t help yet he just stared. As Jongin’s footsteps could not be heard anymore, he bent down to take the red bead on the floor, taking it in his palm before he tucked it in his pocket.

“Now it is my lucky bead.” He murmured, a small smile stretched on his face.

 


 

First part up! Second part/ final part will be updated after my exam which would end this friday lmao and I don't want anyone to wait for just some 7k-9k words as this doesn't worth it that much so have first part of this story first! had some hard time deciding the ending so do wait if u like the story *o*