0.5

Beautiful Monsters

Blood stains, broken glass and the stench of death was the picture Kim Sunggyu was used to.

Swinging his Louis Vuitton clad foot back, he brought it forward, sending a pistol swivelling into the dark corner. His mouth twitched upwards, staring down at the very much dead body of Yang Yoseob, finding hilarity in the way his once perfect face contorted into the perfect picture of fear.

The floor boards creaked quietly as he moved across the room, a cold chill rushing through the walls. Sunggyu stepped over the countless amount of bodies, turning his nose up at the horrid stench.

Jang Hyunseung, Lee Kikwang, Yong Junhyung.

He smirked even wider. Doojoon wouldn’t be very pleased with that. Half his men were dead.

A familiar click reverberated through the room, making Sunggyu turn away from the bodies and stare up at the intruder.

“It’s just me.”

Nam Woohyun, the only person Sunggyu trusted his life with, chuckled. “It’s a blood bath.”

He strolled over to the nearest body, bending down, and rummaged through the clothe pockets. It was a routine he became accustomed to.

“It went according to plan,” Sunggyu spoke, eyes lingering on the man before him, wistfully.

“What now?” Woohyun grumbled, while ing his gun into his pocket.

“We run.”

~

Lee Howon stood by the curb of the sidewalk, knowing well he had many pair of eyes following his every move.

“,” he swore under his breath, eyeing the time on his phone. Where the hell is he?

Time was counting down and it was running out. Howon didn’t turn to show acknowledgement when one of the men came closer. He instinctively brought his hand to his belt, where his loaded up pistol sat. Lee Sungyeol where the are you?

Light turning green, Howon made a run for it.

3,

2,

1.

“He’s on the ru-“

Boom.

And the deed was done. Howon didn’t turn back and kept running, all the while cursing Lee Sungyeol over and over again.

 

 

“Where the hell were you?” Howon growled when he entered the third level basement, a dim light hanging idly from the ceiling, swinging slowly back and forth, as if mocking his situation.

“We were ambushed.”

 “What?” and it was then did Howon look around and realised most of his men were gone, “Where is everyone?”

Sungyeol heaved a breath, falling back onto the second hand couch, probably crawling with critters, “Doojoon called out.”

“Who the does he think he is?” the hatred for Yoon Doojoon tripled in that instant and all Howon wanted to do was to rip his balls off, “Where are they?”

“We didn’t lose any, thank God,” Sungyeol said, handing over a piece of paper to Howon, a picture.

It was gruesome, blood everywhere, but Howon had seen images like this so many times, he honestly didn’t give a anymore.

“What about Doojoon?”

“His men are dead. That’s why he bailed.”

Howon all but tsked at the other man’s misfortune, slumping back next to Sungyeol. There was a moment’s silence between the two, both drowned within their thoughts and Howon could practically hear the mechanical cogs work in Sungyeol’s head.

“Headquarters are gone.”

“I knew you could do it,” Sungyeol chuckled darkly, “You didn’t even need me.”

Howon turned to glare at his friend, “I had to run my out of there, and it would’ve been nice if you had given me a warning.”

Sungyeol could never underestimate his friend. He watched Howon’s comical smirk, eyes far away, and finalised that he knew Howon better than anybody else. He would never bail on Howon if he knew that he couldn’t save himself- not that failure ever was an option. Lee Howon didn’t know the word failure.

“How many do you think…?”

Howon didn’t have to wait for Sungyeol to finish his sentence, “I’d say about a hundred, maybe more.”

He didn’t really know how many died- how many he had killed. He did what he had to do, he placed the ticking bomb in the middle of the building. It wasn’t on him how many people were in the surrounding. Howon had numbed himself to feel nothing; no regret, no remorse, no pain.

Sungyeol, on the other hand, didn’t take all of this too well. Howon knew the thought of innocent people dying bothered him. It took a while for Sungyeol to toughen up, Howon needed him too.

“We should go,” the older of the two sat up, stretching his limbs.

“Where are we going now?”

Silenced buzzed and then Howon said, “We run.”