All About That Bass

All About That Bass

Jinyoung thinks that he will forever hate Meghan Trainor and her song All About That Bass because it’s a total insult in his integrity and not to mention, body. So when he comes home one evening from the studio after a long night of composing new songs, he scoffs after hearing the kids talking about the song he hated the most.

“What does she mean anyway?” Chansik asks from one end. All three of them are sprawled on the floor with Junghwan’s laptop planted in front of them. Sunwoo had been singing the song the entire afternoon and Chansik got curious.

“All about the bass, you know, Channie—curves,” Sunwoo replies hugging his pillow and staring at the screen. Jinyoung removes his shoes and places it nicely on the rack. He tries his best to ignore the kids oh-ing and ah-ing every time the singer sways her hips. Junghwan laughs loudly by the time a big man dances wildly on the screen.

Jinyoung has really no issues against the singer or the song per se, but it just triggers his wrong sides and he’s even more frustrated because no one seems to notice his annoyance. But then again, what can he expect from the kids—they’re kids.

When the song ended, Chansik asks innocently, “Do you like curvy girls, hyung?”

Sunwoo beams and nods, “Of course, curvy girls are just the best.”

“Ah Sunwoo-ah! You ert!” Junghwan teases and Chansik laughs when Sunwoo tries to pinch Junghwan’s sides.

“It’s all about the , Channie,” Jinyoung interrupts and all three of them look at them bewildered.

“Hyung?”

“Guys like girls with big asses.” Jinyoung explains after snatching a bottle of cold water from the fridge. He drinks to it silently and Sunwoo grazes a hand on Junghwan’s behind. Jinyoung eyes Sunwoo and how Junghwan blushed and beamed at him back.

“Yes I do.” Sunwoo croaks and Chansik backs away from his two hyungs who are now tickling and touching each other’s . Jinyoung swallows and swooshes at the bedroom followed by a loud bang of the door.

All three froze and looks at the closed door. Sunwoo gulps and Junghwan wraps his hands around Sunwoo’s arm. “Did we say something bad?” Chansik asks, fidgeting a bit and hugging his knees near him.

“I’m sure he’s just tired. Let him be. Hyung acts like that after composing, you know…“

“What’s wrong?” A voice cuts the silence and they all look at the bathroom door where Dongwoo is standing, drying his hair. “Is Jinyoung home already?” He asks, wearing his glasses and all three of them nodded while pointing Jinyoung and Dongwoo’s bedroom door.

“I think he’s mad, hyung,” Junghwan says and Dongwoo eyes them carefully. Chansik is pouting his lips while hugging his knees, Sunwoo is hugging Junghwan and did he just see a hand travelling down Junghwan’s waist? He blinks for a moment and sees the last frame of the video they are watching.

“Is that Meghan?” Dongwoo asks and Chansik is the first to beam. He sighs in conclusion.

Now, he shouldn’t really be putting up a fit, it’s just a song topping charts and countdowns for its wonderful rhythm and ever wonderful lyrics. But he’s Jinyoung and if there’s someone who’s pretty good analysing at lyrics, it’s him—a pretty famous song writer amongst the 5 members of B1A4.

He scowls and curls himself on his bed. It’s funny to think that for someone who’s called ‘fearless leader’ has some insecurities in life too. More surprisingly, his weight and figure are his biggest issue; considering the fact that he already has the perfect body (mainly coming from Junghwan who has trouble of losing down weight), he shouldn’t really be insecure about it.

Jinyoung hears the door crack open but remains to stay still under the covers and with a pillow pressed tightly against his chest.

“Jinyoung?” A voice chirps.

“Go to your bed, I’m sleeping.” Jinyoung barks, not in the mood to deal with Dongwoo. Different thoughts are rummaging inside his head he doesn’t even know what he actually wants.

“Okay,” Dongwoo replies and Jinyoung bites his bottom lip. Okay, now maybe he wants Dongwoo beside him. Maybe he wants some assurance. But damn, why does Dongwoo do everything Jinyoung says? Jinyoung breathes heavily.

But instead feeling the empty space behind him, because he pushed Dongwoo away, he felt his bed quiver and hears the sheets shuffle beside him. Dongwoo lies beside him and wraps an arm to what he thinks is Jinyoung’s waist through the blanket. Jinyoung stays still and adjusts the arm around his waist but doesn’t’ face him.

“I thought I told you to go to your bed?” Jinyoung sneers and Dongwoo pulls the blanket off Jinyoung’s head.

“And I said okay. For the record, this is my bed too.” Dongwoo replies and Jinyoung turns to face him. Dongwoo smiles a small smile. Jinyoung beams back and nuzzles closer to press his face in Dongwoo’s neck.

Jinyoung stays quiet while Dongwoo removes the pillow and Jinyoung’s grasp and replaces it with his hand. He tangles his legs with Jinyoung’s skinny and warm ones. Jinyoung pushes himself closer, and deeps in breathily, taking in the chamomile from his body wash.

“You scared the kids awhile ago,” Dongwoo says while playing with the strands of Jinyoung’s hair.

Jinyoung nods and bites at Dongwoo’s chest making the latter yelp lightly.

“What is tha—“

“Don’t you want girls with big ?”

Dongwoo looks at him, he can see the sadness in his eyes through the lamplight lit beside Jinyoung’s bed. He studies the smooth skin, the raven black hair and the thin foxlike eyes, like of a cartoon character in Pororo, and wonders how can someone this perfect still have time to look for his imperfections?

He presses his forehead against Jinyoung and kisses Jinyoung’s nose playfully.

“Dongwoo~ I’m serious,” Jinyoung whines and Dongwoo fights back a chuckle.

“Why do you want me to answer that?”

Jinyoung eyes turned even more depressed and barks, “So you do like girls with big butts!”

Jinyoung tries to break away from the hug but Dongwoo stops him and hugs him tighter, strangling him a bit.

This isn’t really the answer Jinyoung’s is expecting and if he’s playing with him then bad idea because Jinyoung’s not in the mood to act jokingly with him. Every minute passes, his self-esteem sulks a meter down.

“I hate you,” Jinyoung croaks, voice hinting tears and Dongwoo cups his face.

“You don’t mean that,” Dongwoo replies.

Jinyoung looks at Dongwoo with tears threatening to fall from his eyes. He pouts and glares at Dongwoo who only smiles at him and massages his cheeks.

“Jinyoung,” Dongwoo says, in an almost whisper like voice, “Do you really want me to answer that?”

Jinyoung scowls but stays still. He is silent and Dongwoo takes it just for him to continue.

“How ever can you ask me that when I like boys?”

“Sunwoo likes Junghwan’s big . Have you seen them kneading each other’s?” Jinyoung retorts and Dongwoo affirms to that silently.

“But you are not Junghwan, you are Jinyoung,” Dongwoo chirps, wiping the tears now flowing nonstop. “You are the thin, skinny Jinyoung that I’ve fallen for and will always love. I don’t mind if you don’t have a big behind.”

Jinyoung sobs silently and presses his face on Dongwoo’s chest.

“Thank you,” Jinyoung murmurs and Dongwoo cups his chin, pulling him for a chaste kiss.

“You are perfect in my eyes,” Dongwoo says. “And that’s what matters.”

Jinyoung blinks at him before smiling a soft smile and nuzzling to Dongwoo, letting sleep take them both.

“But I’m starting to love this song!” Chansik whines in the living room one night. Jinyoung stayed up at the studio to compose new songs and the three kids with Dongwoo’s supervision are gathered in the living room for their nightly bonding despite the fact that they have separate schedules the next day. Where do they get this much energy? Dongwoo shakes his head.

“As long as you don’t play it when Jinyoung’s around then go ahead.” Dongwoo answers calmly.

Chansik beams as he presses the space bar and all three of them start to dance and sing along with Meghan Trainor. Dongwoo shakes his head.

He did say that’s Jinyoung perfect in his eyes, but there are times that better hidden from him just to keep all satisfied and settled down.