If it makes him smile

If it makes him smile

"Jong... are you busy right now...?" Kibum asks, wrapping his arms around me.

Completely unfazed by his affection, I continue making our lunch. "I'm cooking right now Kibum, what do you need?" I say, not even needing to look at him to know he wants something.
"I wanna go shopping Jongie..." he says, tugging at my shirt and burying his face into my shoulder.
"Not now Kibum" I say sternly, trying to break free of his hold. But he just hugs me harder and starts making pouty noises.
"Then can we go when you're done..? He whines, nuzzling his face in my hair.

"Ugh! Why do you want to go shopping so bad?" I exclaim, still trying to break free of his hold so I can continue cooking.
"We never go out any more...I want to spend time with you...outside of the house." He says looking up at me with a grin, thinking he's won because I've suddenly stopped trying to pull free.
"But why right now? You know I'm busy." I reply, gently his cheek.
"I just really want to spend the day with you.. I thought it would be nice to get out of the house for awhile and enjoy the sun." He states, knowing full well that I can't deny those big pouty eyes.

Sighing quite loudly I reply, "Fine. But it will have to wait till I've finished lunch." And with that he lets out a squeal of excitement and rushes back into the bed room, no doubt to try on EVERYTHING in our closet, making sure he looks perfect. Suppressing a giggle I picture him standing in front of the mirror, twisting, turning, and posing in different ways. Knowing he won't come out until he's completely satisfied with the outfit, which in all honesty might take awhile.

Stirring the soup my mind wonders, as I try to understand his need to examine his appearance so. I mean really, he looks perfect in everything, he could make a potato sack look flattering for goodness sakes. But my opinion doesn't stop him from spending an ungodly amount of time in front of that mirror.

The sound of the pot boiling over brings my attention back to reality, quickly turning off the burner I move to the pot off the stove. "Well that was a close one." I say out loud, mentally kicking my self for getting distracted. But soon enough lunch is ready, and Kibum has still not emerged from our room. Not being able to resist, I tip toe over to the room. Peering in I see Kibum, as I imagined, twisting and turning in front of the mirror.

"Ugh! This is no good! No good at all!" Kibum says, pulling off his shirt and throwing it in the ever growing pile a top the bed. Placing his hands on his hips, he looks back and forth at the two remaining shirts. Lifting them both up into the air, he makes a noise that resembles a growling cat. Obviously annoyed that he can't choose, he sets them back down and crosses his arms. Sighing at his losing battle I choose then to offer up my advice, "How about the red one Kibum? I think red suits you nicely." I say, as he jumps from my sudden appearance.

"The red one..?" He says looking down at the shirts, "But I kinda like the black one too..." He mumbles, still unable to decide.
Letting out another sigh I walk over to him, "Really Kibum...The red one would look absolutely perfect on you, they both would..." I say, draping my arms around his shoulders. "But I really like the red one." I add, leaning up to touch our noses together. Feeling him smile I know I've just won the battle.

"Okay! The red one it is!" he exclaims happily, pulling out of my arms to wiggle into his shirt. Doing a few turns in front of the mirror he smiles, "You're right Jong, the red one does look better." He beams at me, finally satisfied with his outfit.

"So can we go now..?" I ask, ushering him towards the door.
"But what about lunch?" I replies, stopping to look back at me.
"We'll have lunch after we shop, I packed it all up so we can have a picnic in the park." I say, picking up the bag to show him.
"Really?! We get to go shopping AND have a picnic?! He says, squirming with excitement.
"Not if we dont get going." I tease, pushing towards the door again.
"Okay!Okay! I'm going!" He says, all but running out of the house.

Feeling a smile tug at my lips, I watch him skip ahead of me. "he's so cute when he's excited..." I think to myself, enjoying his spurt of bubbliness.
"Come on Jong!" He yells back at me, waving an arm in the air to make me move faster.
"I'm coming!" I shout with a laugh, starting to feeling a bit excited as well. I jog to catch up with him, then link my arm with his. "Thank you for dragging me out of the house today Kibum," I say looking up at him. And with a smile he nods and grabs my hand, intertwining our fingers.

"No, Thank you Jongie..For coming with me" He whispers, leaning against my shoulder.

And as we walk hand in hand, only one thing runs through my mind, "I would go any where Kibum, if it would make you smile."