004

The Truth in our Lies
Hi :)
It has been a veryyyy long time since I have posted something. But I had kind of lost inspiration.
However recently I started liking writing again, so why not post an update!
Hope you guys like where it is going

_______________________________________

“Ahhh, the fresh air!” Hoseok exclaimed as he set his feet on the rails. He spread his arms wide as he took in the fresh breeze tousling his unstyled hair. The weather was gray, the clouds darkening the sky, raindrops threatening to fall. Taehyung went over to Hoseok, his back leaned against the rails where the older was enjoying the moment.

They were on a boat. A trip. A much needed trip to his home. He had wanted to ask Namjoon to ask the higher ups for a break, which to his surprise he was given before mentioning anything. Yoongi had a word with their manager. Though it was odd for Yoongi to do him this pleasure, he wasn’t complaining. He was thankful.

As soon as he got the word no one could bring his mood down. He had asked Hoseok to accompany, the thought of having none of the members near made him slightly uncomfortable. The boy greedily accepted of course. He was as much in need of a break as Taehyung. Yoongi had told him he had already asked for the two of them to take a break, telling him that he noticed the extra hours they both had practiced and both deserved the break. Taehyung had appreciated it. Though it didn’t seem like it at times, he knew Yoongi cared. He didn’t show it, but his actions always spoke more than words could have.

“Hyung, you should get off the rails”, he tugged at his sweater, making the older look at him with a smile that showed genuine enjoyment. Taehyung offered a smile back knowing the feeling of freedom the other was enjoying after the tough schedule they had endured for the past few months.

“Hyung, you might fall in.” He tugged harder this time and pulled Hoseok back to the steady wooden ground of the boat. They both took a place on the bench and stretched their feet across, placing them on the rails. The boat would arrive in an hour.

“I haven’t thanked Yoongi hyung yet”, Taehyung stated absentmindedly as he leaned his back against the window that separated them from the indoor space of the boat. He was so excited for the trip he forgot to thank them all for letting him have this break.

Hoseok nudged his shoulder and leaned in to give him a hug, his hands wrapped around the younger’s thin waist. “I’m sure he knows we’re thankful. Let’s buy him a present just in case.” He clapped his hands enthusiastically. Taehyung felt slightly uncomfortable, shifting on the bench at the familiar touch. His mind flashed at the dream he had a week ago. If it was a dream, it hadn’t felt like it. The more he thought of it, the more confused he got. He became more aware of Hoseok since. It was weird, hard to explain.  

“We’ll go shopping. There’s a mall near my house, it’s a 5 minute walk”, he uttered as he realized he had been quiet for a minute or two and Hoseok was waiting for a reaction. Taehyung flashed him a smile to avoid the questioning eyes. 

“ We’re almost there!” Taehyung got up from the bench, pulling out of the hold as he busily started looking ahead to the shore. It was still too far to be seen clearly, they had at least another 10 minutes to go. Hoseok glanced up at the younger. His arms still in an uncomfortable position as he held them in the air. Noticing this, he lowered them and looked away. He felt Taehyung sit back again, a bigger gap in between them than before. He waved it away and put up a bright smile.

“Did you talk to your mom already? Is she making food? You should tell her to make a lot. I’m hungry. I want to eat a lot of homemade food. Oh, and dessert. And icecream!” Hoseok kept on rattling, trying to sound like his usual self. It took him effort for some reason. Taehyung glanced over at him. A small chuckle left his lips as he observed the other.

“Hoseok hyung, you’re noisy”, he said laughing as he ruffled the older boy’s hair. Hoseok looked at him pouting, a genuine smile creeping up at the younger’s touch. They settled into a comfortable silence. Luckily there weren’t many young people on the boat, meaning they wouldn’t be recognized. He liked the peace.

It was four in the afternoon by the time they arrived Taehyung’s apartment.

Taehyung saw his mother waiting in the doorway as they walked up the stairs to the apartment. He ran up faster and embraced his mother into a tight hug. “Eomma!”

“Ahh, Taehyungie! Eomma has missed you so much,” her smile lit up the hallway as she squished her son as close as she could. Hoseok was watching them with an endearing smile. He missed his mother as well. Her warm hugs could always heal anything on his mind, always making him feel protected and at ease.

He looked at Taehyung and his mother and laughed sheepishly as he waited in the hallway. He felt like he was intruding on a family moment. But before he could follow that train of thought Taehyung’s mother called for Hoseok, her arms further opening for the other to join. He smiled and hugged both. He felt welcome. “Both of my sons have arrived. I couldn’t be happier! Come in, I have prepared your favorite meals Taehyung. Yours too Hoseok, Taehyung told me your favorite dishes. Hope you will enjoy them a lot, it might not be the same as your mother’s cooking, but I’m a heck of a cook if I may say so myself,” she laughed as she urged them in and to the living room.

 

It had been two hours since dinner. Taehyung had caught up with his family on everything that he had experienced the last few months. Hoseok had decided to walk around the neighborhood as he was curious what the place was like. Taehyung had pointed out some main roads and a park on a minimap of the town. Hoseok had ushered him to go spend time with his family, that he would be fine wandering out in the city. He wanted to have some time for himself, taking in the scenery and breeze that played with his hair. He liked being on his own from time to time. It was a way for him to recollect his thoughts, let his guard down and find some rest. He didn’t have much alone time in the dorm with s. Not that he didn’t mind, but he was always thinking of others before himself. He knew that about himself, he liked it. But sometimes he needed to think of himself. Maybe he needed someone to think of him. He took on that role, but it would be nice if someone else did that for him.

Hoseok had the personality that would easily be taken for granted, he had come to terms with that.

But sometimes, just some days in the year when he was feeling lonely, he would like it if someone could show the same care for him. Of course Jimin and Jungkook showed him affection now and then, when they felt like he was too quiet. He noticed how Yoongi or Rapmon would ask him questions nonchalantly about everyday things. That was their way of affection for the younger. Jin would always make sure he felt the warmth of their home, cooking all of them delicious food. And Taehyungie.. Taehyungie was just Taehyungie. He liked having him close. He liked every member in his group evenly, but sometimes he preferred having Taehyung’s attention over the others. It was how the younger knew what Hoseok needed when he didn’t feel well, or how he easily picked up on small details. His change of mood, his insecurities or his needy moments. It didn’t happen a lot, but when it did, Taehyung would always be the first by his side. He smiled and in some fresh air.

“Time to get back.” He kicked a stone away as he crossed the street and walked towards the park in sight. It was just near Taehyung’s house. His feet dragged him there on automatic pilot, thinking he’d just sit on the grass for a few minutes, enjoying the feeling of grass on his palms.

As he approached the park he saw a silhouette in the distance. A smile appeared on his face and a soft chuckle left his lips. He walked over and saw Taehyung sitting on a swing, his head tilted back, eyes closed and leaning backwards. His face was facing the sky as his feet were pushing him in circles.  Hoseok stayed silent as he watched over the younger. Taehyung looked like a model in a photo shoot. The guy got undeniably better looking over the last two years. Oh and he knew, oh boy did he know. He seemed innocent and childlike, but he knew how to taunt the fans and other female idols. He could be a slick guy, all too well disguised behind the innocence and naivety.

Hoseok sneaked closer to Taehyung and hovered over his closed eyes. His fingers trailed to the strands of hair sticking out. He gently smoothed them out, his fingers lingering on the side of the younger’s face. Even in this unkempt state, his hair fitted him handsomely. He felt Taehyung’s face shift slightly, leaning into his touch. Was it weird to say he was fascinated? He liked feeling the other's skin. It was warm, leaving his fingertips tingly. His mind wandered to that night. Taehyung had never mentioned anything. He doubted the younger had registered what happened in the haziness of his sleep. Hoseok didn't know either what compelled him to do that. Maybe he felt needy. Maybe he needed some comfort that night and he was afraid to ask it. Either way, it was as if it was all but a dream. Hoseok didn't mind.

Taehyung didn’t say anything.

His eyes stayed close. He solely focused on the touch and the warm tingle it left on his skin. He felt the soothing touches lowering to his jaw line, tracing their way back up his cheekbone. He let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding in. He felt a hand resting on his, prying his fingers off the chains of the swing.

He waited for something. He didn't know what.

His hand felt empty without the chains in it. After what seemed like a minute he felt hesitant fingers holding his hand. He liked the feeling. It strangely comforted him. Being dizzy from the swinging, facing the sky and losing grip on time and space felt nice. But the touches grounded him, made sure he didn’t lose himself in the daze.

It stayed quiet like that for several minutes. Both lost in their own thoughts. Taehyung didn't notice how Hoseok had inched closer. He felt a sudden breath of air on his lips that made him snap his eyes open. He looked up and saw Hoseok in a slightly uncomfortable proximity and without realizing his reflexes took the upper hand. He lunged upwards, hitting his forehead into Hoseok’s face.

“Yah!” He yelled, grabbing the place he was hit. Hoseok was in a daze, a wounded expression on his face. He dabbed his finger against his lips and felt a bit of blood dripping.

“Hyung! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to, it was an accident!” Taehyung panicked at the sight of seeing Hoseok hurt. He saw the blood dripping from his lips and immediately held the elder in his hands, trying to comfort him and ease away the pain.

“Are you hurt? Should we go to the hospital? Hyung, hyung, say so-“ Hoseok interrupted him patting his shoulders to calm down and sit back on the swing.

“I’m okay Taehyungie, relax. Just a small wound, it will stop bleeding in a few minutes. Let’s go home. I need a paper towel.” He smiled at Taehyung, reassuring him that it was fine. Both walking home hastily, forgetting the moment they had shared on the swing.