I'm Changmin. Your Pet.

Howl at the Moon

.

 

Yunho was having lunch with Donghae, his friend, who just came back from a long business trip in Beijing.

"So Yunho, I heard you adopted a dog from Heechul's cousin's friend."

"Yea." Yunho made a face.

"Is something wrong?"

"No. It's just... He doesn't really act like a dog."

"Like how?" Donghae was curious.

"Well, he's not as energenic like most dogs. Like when you go home, you know how most dogs would already be right at the door to greet you and pounce at you and try to you."

"Oh, Yea," Donghae cut in. "When I go back to visit my parents my old dog does that. He look so happy when I come back home. Even at his old age he still runs and jumps all over me. I'm surprise it can still do that. It's so cute."

Yunho looked a little sad. "My dog just stares at me for a moment and walks pass me. Or he's in the living room staring out the window totally ignoring me. When he's not in a good mood he hisses at me too."

"He hisses?" Donghae raised an eyebrow. "Well, maybe he's still getting use to you as his new owner and his new surrounds. Maybe he missed his previous owner. Plus he lived with all those cats.

Yunho shrugged. "Maybe, I suppose. But what do you mean by all those cats? I heard the previous owner had just one cat."

"Didn't Heechul told you his cousin's friend owns a cat cafe?"

Yunho looked blankly at the other.

"Eh, I guess not. Your dog probably spent most of his time hanging around cats. So maybe he thinks he's a cat too, so he acts like one."

Yunho thought for a second "Now his thing for hiding in boxes and bags make sense."

Donghae laughed. "What's his name by the way?"

"Changmin."

 

 

On another day.

Yunho got home and announced his presents,"Changmin-ah! I'm home." 

He hoped his 3 year sable sheltie would get him at the door for once. But it didn't happen of course. So he goes around his place calling out the other's name.

"Changdola~?" In the living, through the kitchen, his bedroom, and his bathroom, he called out. "Changdola~?" 

And finally, he reached his office. "There you are Changminnie."

"I'm home." Yunho walked over to the sheltie with his arms out like he's waiting for a hug, but he got nothing.

Not to dampen the mood Changmin looked up at Yunho from his seating spot on the widowsill, wagged his tail side to side and yawned. It was kind of like a "Hey, you're home already, what's up?" So it wasn't a completely cold greeting. It's a progress.

Kind of satisfied, Yunho patted the sheltie on the head. "You must be hungry. I'll prepare your dinner."

Changmin seemed more alert this time, stucking his tongue out, wagging his tail vigorously and following Yunho out.

 

 

Seemed like the only time Changmin acts like a dog was when food involved.

An example of that was when Yunho was having his own dinner and Changmin had gobbled up his, the sheltie sat next to Yunho andwaited. That long pink tongue stuck out again with an accompanied quick wagging tail.

Yunho looked down. "Sorry Changmin. I know you like human food but the vet said the last time when we visited it's not good for you. I don't want your tummy to hurt again, like it did when I gave you deep fried croquette."

Changmin placed his paw on Yunho's knee and whined.

"Ok." Yunho caved, poking his plate with his fork. "I'll give you a cherry tomato."

The sheltie snorted at the tomato, tail no longer wagging, turning away and leaving Yunho at the dining table.

"So Changminnie doesn't like tomatoes?" Yunho sighed, watching Changmin retreating to the living room window still.

 

 

Yunho finally got around watching that ancient drama he's been wanting to watch. It's something about some night watchmans for the king. People at work kept saying how one of the watchmans look like Yunho.

It was around the fight scene when Yunho felt something warm and fuzzy had curled up next to his thigh. It was Changmin. The sheltie seemed to like the action scenes a lot. His eyes were big and arounded and focused on the TV screen. 

Yunho smiled and started petting Changmin, rubbing and massaging his back. The fur was so silky smooth and Changmin's body was so warm under his hand. It felt nice.

Yunho picked up the other and placed him on his lap. Changmin had no complaints. In fact he started to purr when Yunho was massaging the top of his head.

'Dogs don't usually purr, right?' Yunho wondered. 

The sheltie eventually fell asleep in his lap.

 

 

Yunho got into bed after a nice hot shower. Being a light sleeper he awoke after some time when he felt something warm and fuzzy slipped between his arms. Yunho instantly knew it was Changmin. 

He found in the almost 2 months that the sheltie has stayed with him, that although he was a bit stand off-ish sometimes, at other times Changmin can be quite cuddly when it came around sleep time. Yunho love these moments because Yunho is a bit of a cuddler himself.

 

 

Come morning finds Changmin sleeping on top of Yunho's head. A strange and suffocating habit which effectively wakes Yunho up.

After washing up Yunho checked his phone to find dozens on Happy Birthday messages and texts. Yunho was smiling ear to ear answering them and inserting smileys and make plans. 

It wasn't just his birthday, it was also his day off so the day was starting out great so far minus hacking up some dog fur earlier, no thanks to Changmin.

The sheltie had finished his bowl of dog food in record time, as usual, and lapped up his water bowl like he hadn't drank in days. Yunho saw Changmin passing by with a wet snout and drippy chin and went for a paper towel to wipe him dry. The pup being uncomporative, bit Yunho's finger.

"OW, Changmin!"

The sheltie snorted and struted away like a sassy little thing he was, tail wagging.

Yunho frowned, rubbing his finger. He guessed Changmin woke up at the wrong side of the bed again this morning.

 

 

Like his usual morning routine, Yunho got the leash so he could give the sheltie his daily walk. The other knew what was coming and went into hiding. His owner found him 10 minutes later behind the laundry basket.

Dogs are suppose to like walks, but not Changmin, who'd rather stay at home to do his business in the makeshift toilet that Yunho had made for him in the bathroom.

Yunho always wanted to have a dog to go jogging with him in the morning. In reality, he got Changmin, who likes to stop every 15 minutes to climb up on a bench to rest and watch/judging all the other joggers.

However, on this special day Changmin decided to be more active running after some pigieons, barking at them. He also had a little scruffle with a tiny chihiahua. In his defense, it was probably the chihiahua's fault. She had a reputation for being an annoying little . And her owner has a reputation for flirting with handsome joggers like Yunho.

 

 


When Yunho and Changmin got home they arrived in time to recieve a package. After signing for the package Yunho came back to the living room to find the other staking around the big white box curious and sniffing at it.

It was a parcel from him grandma in Gwangdo and he already had a feeling what was inside. Went to get a cutter and came back to find Changmin jumping up and down on the parcel. Worried about what's inside Yunho quickly dropped the cutter on the coffee table to pick up the sheltie.

The pup began barking at once. Changmin usually wasn't like this. Odd. He'd been barking all day. 

The sheltie was struggling, trying to get out of Yunho's arms, while still barking. Wanting to calm the other one down before Changmin start jumping up on the box again, Yunho began craddling the sheltie in his arms like a little baby while swaying him left and right while scratching behind his ears. It's seemed to do the trick. 

Changmin stopped barking and snuggled up against his chest. Yunho found it quite cute and placed a little kiss on the other's pointed nose. The sheltie turned away afterwards as if embrassed. 

Yunho smiled, putting Changmin down on the couch, rubbing his head before moving back to opening the box.

As he had guessed there were strawberries inside. Many strawberries all big red round plumped and delicious looking. They were Yunho's favorite. There's a letter inside from his grandma and grandpa saying how much they missed him and good wishes and happy birthday.

After having one or two, and one for Changmin, he took the trays of strawberries from the box to place in the fridge. And while Yunho was doing this the sheltie conveniently hopped into the emptied box and made himself comfortable in it.

 

 

Yunho filled up Changmin's water and food bowl with twice the amount than usual since he had a little birthday lunch with his parents and sister. He also had some errands to run before meeting his friends later that night for a get together. He doesn't like to call it a birthday party since he's not a kid anymore. Either way he's gonna be out for most of the day so he wanted to make sure Changmin is feed or the sheltie gets grumpy.

When Yunho is about to leave Changmin blocked the doorway, curling up on the fluffy rug in the entrance way. He looked up at his owner but didn't move.

Yunho bent down to pick up Changmin, but the sheltie just tried to bite him again.

"Changmin, I have to leave for the day, okay." Yunho patted Changmin's bum and proceeds to drag the rug along with the sheltie on it.

The pup didn't seem happy and growled at yunho.

"Sorry, Changmin but I gotta go." Yunho kissed the other on the head.

Yunho slipped into his shoes, opened the door and waved bye to his sheltie who, had his head sligthly down, but big brown eyes gazing back at him, head tilted cutely.

Somehow Yunho found Changmin kinda different today. Not sure why. But he shruged it off and closed the door. 

 

 

The birds were chirping loudly outside and Yunho felt the glaring sun on his face and his head ached. There was also heaviness on his chest, well actually not just his chest. It felt like something was pinning down his whole body.

He reached down and there was bare skin, a lot of smooth bare skin and it didn't felt like his. Because he can't feel his own touch. He finally opened his eye to peer down at himself. When he registered what he had felt he jumped up and reflexively kicked at whatever it was.

"Owww~!"

The something was a person. A very good looking person, a guy, who Yunho just accidently kicked and looked a bit in pain and without a shirt on.

"I-I'm sorry. Are you okay?" He reached out but held back, not sure if he should be touching a stranger.

"NO! You kicked me. You never kicked me before." The other began whimpering in a fetal position.

"I'm so sorry. But, do I know you?" Yunho asked, looking down, trying to catch a sight the other face again.

"You're bad." The other looked up at him with glassy eyes, a frown kniting his brow and a pout.

Yunho's head was going uh-oh. He lefted up his sheets. He still had his clothes on but the other was completely .

"Oh. No. I didn't do something to you did I? If I did. I'm sorry. I don't know. I must had drank too much." Yunho was holding his head which was pounding right now, closing his eyes for a moment. 'This is bad,' he thought.

He looked back at the other now who was sitting up, looking at his own hands and touching his legs and face.

Yunho was concerned. "Are you okay? Um, can I at least get you name?"

"Look, I have hands. And legs. Human hands and legs. And my face, and my body has no fur at all."

Yunho just stared at him, not sure what that meant. And not sure what to do about all this.

The other was still holding up his hand, looking up at Yunho, blinking his big beautiful brown eyes, and his big pouty pretty pink lips.

"I'm Changmin. Your pet."

 

 

__________________________________________________________
Since it's been said Changmin looked like a puppy but acts like a cat, it reminded me of that story of how there was a husky dog that thought he was a cat.
True story, here: huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/17/dog-thinks-shes-a-cat-and-can-i-have-her_n_5340274.html 

 

 

.