Nightmare

Sin

"W-Was that him?" Hoseok asks hesitantly, scared that Seokjin might blow.

Seokjin nodded, no expression on his face.

There was a lot of things going inside his mind. So many questions but he was afraid to find the answers. His heart was beating, he was sweating but Seokjin tries to keep his cool. He walks to his bedroom, leaving Hoseok with his thoughts. Seokjin curls himself in bed, afraid that the monster would come and get him. He doesn't want to get haunted again. Seokjin overthinks for as much as he hates it, he couldn't stop the questions from bubbling in his mind. He wants to scream but he bites it down, he wouldn't want Hoseok to get worried. Seokjin's breathe goes out of beat, he hyperventilates. Seokjin quickly rushes over to his drawers, hastily finding the bottle of pills that helps him to calm down. Seokjin choked on his tears, he hates this. He finds the bottle of pills with blur vision. He quickly took a handful of pills into his palm and gulp it down without water. Seokjin finds his way to the toilet and washes his face. He took a look at his reflection, tired eyes, unruly hair, this wasn't him. Seokjin leans on the door and slides down. He feels his tears threatening to fall, Seokjin was too afraid.

Hoseok comes to knock on Seokjin's bedroom but no answer. Hoseok comes in slowly. He doesn't see Seokjin on the bed but he sees a handful of pills scattered at Seokjin's drawers. Hoseok panics, he fastened his pace and reach the toilet to see Seokjin laying on the floor with a penknife dangerously close to the lad's arms. Hoseok picks the penknife, no dried blood. He checks Seokjin's arms and any exposed skin, no sign of blood or slashes. Hoseok heaves a sigh of relief. He keeps the penknife in his back pocket and proceed to wake Seokjin up. The lad wakes up, head spinning, the air felt heavy but he sees Hoseok, smiling but it doesn't reach his eyes. He must have worried Hoseok again.

"Sorry." Seokjin mumbled while he stands with Hoseok's help.

Hoseok shakes his head, "It's alright."

But they both know it's not alright. Hoseok helps Seokjin to wash up and they both head down to the kitchen and ate their dinner. Hoseok doesn't say anything, he allows Seokjin to eat and rest his mind. Halfway through dinner, Seokjin abruptly stood up to reach the sink and clean his guts. He wash his mouth and the sink before sitting down and continue eating. But, right after two scoops of his meal, Seokjin goes to the sink again. Hoseok stood behind and pat the taller.

"Should we-" Hoseok asks worriedly.

Seokjin shooks his head, "I'll be fine."

Stop worrying Hoseok, Seokjin reminds himself. Seokjin finishes his meal and washes his plate.

"If you're staying over, the guest room is open." Seokjin manages a sad smile.

Even though he wants to sleep and escape reality for a while, he musn't be rude to Hoseok. Hoseok nods understandingly. Seokjin walks ahead. Like before, he curls himself on the bed and cover his whole body. He cries himself to sleep.