Watch It!

Watch It!

Youngji watched the boy with a weird look on her face as he ran around, laughing by himself and following the puppy.

"Jackson, don't you feel bad for the dog?"
"It's adorable! Don't you think so?"
"It's cute, but really... To hug it like that..."

Jackson laughed again, another hyena laugh like always.

Youngji raised her hands, like in surrender, and shook her head. Her friend had always been a weird one. With his hyena laugh, crazy personality and playful nature. He was talented, though. A fencer from Hong Kong who was the first in Asia, a dancer who liked moving his hips for some reason, and a vocalist slash rapper who had a deep and husky voice.

They had a strange first meeting, bumping into each other on the street and having a shouting match about who bumped into the other first. The second meeting turning out to be inside a coffee shop, arguing about who was first in line.

But they were friends. They had somehow become friends, not thinking about their strange first meetings and getting to know each other more and more. Their friendship had eventually reached a point when they were almost completely inseparable. Like now.

"That cat is cute! It reminds me of BamBam!"

There were times when she worried for him. Did he hit his head when he was younger or something? He was too indescribable and random most of the time, but she could honestly say that that was his charm. His wackiness. 

"How could a cat remind you of BamBam?"
"I don't know. It just does,"

Yup, definitely a random guy. The Thai boy had always said that he was like a cat, but how exactly could a cat remind Jackson of him? He didn't look like one. The one who looked like a cat was JB, who owned a Siamese and loved it to the end of the world and back.

"BamBam doesn't even look like a cat."
"But he's like one."

Youngji really didn't know what to say now. BamBam was like a cat sometimes, but she still couldn't understand Jackson and how a cat reminded him of BamBam.

"Whatever you say. Go back to chasing the dog,"

She knelt down and picked up the cat, carrying the fluffy creature in her arms. Jackson made a face at her and patted her head before returning to following the dog.

"Watch it, Wang Jackson! How dare you ruin my beautiful hair?"

Youngji set down the cat first before running after Jackson, snatching his snapback over his head.

"Give it, Heo Youngji! I don't care about your hair! Give back my precious snapback!"
"You don't care about my hair? Okay. I don't care about your snapback, either. It's mine now."

And it went on and on. This was how they usually spent time together, bickering like idiots and talking about the first thing that popped inside their heads.

"Yah! You almost stepped on its tail!" Jackson shouted.
"Not my fault! You're the one chasing me!"
"Just give it back already! Fine! I care about your hair!"
"Prove it!"

Jackson let out a sigh before going up to the girl, grabbing her hand, and pulling her out of the place.

"To the hair salon, then."

Youngji let herself be dragged to the nearest hair salon. She sat down on the chair as Jackson talked to the stylist about what happened and that she style Youngji's hair in any way she asked.

Jackson was bored out of his mind while Youngji was having her hair done, which was a cause of forgetting his phone at his house. Every once in a while, he would stand up and pace the salon, heading to Youngji and inspecting her hairstyle.

"You'll pay for it, right?"
"What?" Jackson raised his eyebrows. "No way! In your dreams, Heo Youngji!"

But of course, Youngji always won. So Jackson still ended up paying for everything. The hairstylist even asked him if they were a couple, but they politely replied that they weren't. They were merely friends, and nothing more.

In the meantime, they're not interested in love. They think they're still too young for that, and that was pretty much their goal. To stay a kid forever. Though that wouldn't be a problem for them. Just look at them! With their childishness, playfulness and foolishness at their age of twenty-one, isn't it obvious that they'll stay like that for a long time?


____________________________________________________________________


Hi!! This was a bit short and different from the description, but how was my first JackJi one shot?? Any comments for it?