Final.

Feel

Kyungsoo is deaf. Let's just put that out there.

 

What does music sound like?” He asks, he stumbles of his words and they come out like a toddle just learning how to talk. Jongin finds it cute. “Music?” He asks, signing it of course. Kyungsoo nods. What does music feel like? Jongin thinks for a moment, there are a thousand ways to explain but all he thinks of is taking Kyungsoo's hand and placing it upon his chest. “I don't understand...” Kyungsoo starts off, eyebrows furrowing in confusion. “Music flows within our bodies, like a river. It's hard to explain the way music feels.” Jongin signs after releasing Kyungsoo's small hand. “You felt my heart right?” Kyungsoo nods still confused. Jongin smiles, “Some music is calm and steady like a heart.” Realization hits Kyungsoo and he flushes red at not noticing his intention earlier.

 

The younger just chuckles, he inches closer, so close his lips brush Kyungsoo's. Kyungsoo's eyes widen and his heart picks up it's pace. “And some music picks up it's pace just like a racing heart.” Jongin places the older male's hand over his chest. His racing heart vibrating under Kyungsoo's fingertips.

 

Kyungsoo gulps because Jongin moves in on him again. Jongin looks content and that's all Kyungsoo really wants in life, is to make Jongin content. And even though he can't hear Jongin, can't hear his voice, his heart, or even his breathing, he knows that Jongin doesn't mind. He tells Kyungsoo, “You don't need to hear someone to know what they are thinking or feeling.” He always places a hand over his heart and smiles. “You just need to be able to touch their heart, feel it, and you'll understand everything about a person.” And really Kyungsoo doesn't understand how someone younger than him can be wiser. Maybe it's the scarred skin upon his legs and arms that make Kyungsoo understand that the younger male has been through a war. A war not fought with another person but a war fought within himself.

 

Jongin is beautiful even with his battle scars.

 

Jongin's battle scars always have a story, some battles he lost and some he won. “You can't win every fight.” Jongin tells him, his eyes are looking at his own body, not disgusted or hurt but with a look Kyungsoo can't exactly place. Kind of like how an old person would look at their childhood toy, reliving memories. “I think I lost more than I won.” The way his fingers move, slow and steady tell Kyungsoo he's thinking about the past. “But that's okay because the lost battles taught me how to be stronger so I wouldn't make the same mistake again.” He looks up at Kyungsoo and his eyes are watering, his hands cup Kyungsoo's face and he presses his lips upon the older's. Kyungsoo doesn't need to hear Jongin to understand what he's saying now. The feeling of his heart racing under his touch and the small movement of his lips against his own. The look in his eyes and the gentleness of his touch. How slow and passionate his kiss was, tells Kyungsoo all but one thing.

 

I love you.”

 

Jongin always ends the day telling Kyungsoo the same thing.

“To be able to understand a song, you don't always need to hear it but feel it underneath your touch. Let it flow in your body and let it take over for the duration of it's time, you'll understand more. Because hearing and understanding are two different things.”

 

Kyungsoo never really got that until now.

 

Until Jongin lost his final battle and he's no longer underneath Kyungsoo's touch but under six feet of earth.

 

But then again you don't even need to feel a person to understand them or how they feel.”