Chapter 1

✦ Delight — WM Entertainment's First Girl Group { a 2013 story }

Delight

[WM Training Center– Seoul, South Korea]

[Friday, July 26, 2013 – 5:34 pm]

Open the doors to WM Entertainment’s Training Center on Friday July 26th, 2013 and it is filled with young (and even old) kids sweating and working their asses off in order to prepare for end of July monthly evaluation.

To say that the training system was tough was an understatement. It is cut throat. It’s not only based off of good performance (good vocals, dancing, and rapping), but also on visuals, variety, and attitude. It was hard to pick just a few kids to form Korea’s next super group. Sometimes while in the process of creating and planning for the debut of a new group, draft lists would come out of who should be considered in the group. And then another draft list comes out. And then another until everyone is pleased with the ending results that can assure them publicity and money.

That exact thing happened to WM Ent.’s group of twelve female trainees as they were seeking out the best girls to represent promising boyband, B1A4’s sister group.

That’s until they found their final six.

On Friday July 26th, 2013 the final six were chosen as the always stone-faced director, Jung Bohyung entered the practice room and disturbed the preparations monthly evaluation.

Once Director Jung stepped in the building clipboard in hand, everybody moved out of her way. She made her way straight to the girls’ dance studio with three camera men following behind her. But she wasn’t fazed; her face was permanent.

She took no time making her way, finally ending up to the designated area and quickly busted through the door catching each of the girls of guard and a bit jumpy.

After realizing who made a surprise entrance into their rehearsal time, all twelve girls quickly and swiftly stood up to form one straight line and greet their superior.

All of them bowed together. “Annyeonghaseyo!” They said in unison at the top of their lungs.

The unimpressed lady standing before them only nodded once while looking down at her clip board. “Step forward when I call your names please.”

The big group of girls all looked at each other out of curiosity, not having any knowledge of what’s to come. And nobody dared to ask questions.

“Ahn Sojin.”

A fairly tall and curvy, but skinny girl, or woman, was the first one to step up with her hands clasped together in front of her body, rubbing each other tightly. She was nervous she was in trouble.

“Bang Minhee.”

Another young lady with jet black hair stepped forward with her arms crossed as if she wasn’t scared at all, but still showed a worried expression on her face.

“Lee Hyunyoung.”

The forever bright girl wasn’t so bright when she was called out.

“Im In Ah”

One of the tallest, slender girls stepped up but she seemed more confident than the others with her more interested look than a worried look.

“Im Seoyeon.”

The youngest girl there slowly made her way towards the ice-cold lady, standing next to her unnies with her head down expecting the worse.

“And…. Hong Yoonkyung”

The last girl, known for her trouble-making antics, stepped up with a small smirk on her face as if she knew what was to come.

“I need you six to grab your things quickly and come with me. We don’t have a lot of time.”

Doing what they were told, they stepped outside of the silently suffocating practice room and into the air conditioned hall where they finally saw the three cameras staring into their faces.

“Uh… Wha—“

“I’ll explain later in the car.” Bohyung cut the oldest girl off.

“Car?” The last one to walk out of the door asked in oblivion.

The cameras followed the girls’ every move to the front door when they stopped infront of a white van.

“Get in.” Director Jung spoke dryly.

One by one the girls piled in each reacting to another huge camera lens greeting them once they stepped in.

“Oh? Annyeong!”

“What? Oh! Oh my gosh you scared me! Oh My.”

“Haha! Wow!”

“Another One?”

“Hello!”

“Hey.”

After the girls got seated comfortably in their seats, Bohyung did some explaining.

“Girls, these camera men are going to follow you over the next couple of months to capture your journey.”

“Our Journey?” The oldest trainee in the car, Ahn Sojin, asked suspiciously.

“Oh my- Are we debuting?” The girl with the light brown hair, Lee Hyunyoung asked excitedly with a large smile on her face.

No other questions were answered as the girls waited patiently on the outside and extremely impatient on the inside the whole car ride to what the girls easily recognized as WM’s Headquarters, otherwise known as the CEO’s office.

“Chop, chop girls” Bohyung yelled as she noticed the girls staring at the building in awe. And fear.

Once all of the girls were placed in a board room each on one side of the table.

“Hello girls.”

The group did a round of ‘hellos’ happened as the girls watched the very approachable CEO, otherwise known as CEO Lee Woomin, enter the room with a smile on his face.

“Do you know why you girls were brought here?”

“…..” The girls shook their head, still shocked that they are sitting comfortably in front of their CEO.

“You girls are going to be WM’s first girl group.”

The girls could only give shocked faces.

“There, of course, hasn’t been a name picked out yet, and the positions aren’t chosen. All that will be decided the next meeting when we take a look at all of your monthly evaluations.”

“……” Still nothing.

The CEO chuckles as he sees the girl’s spaced out faces. “That will be all.” He dismisses him with the flick of the wrist.

 

“Whaa!!!” The forever loud Hyunyoung and outgoing In Ah, otherwise known as Nia, said together as they claim into the car.

The other girls were excited and happy, of course, but they were a lot more scared than anything.

“Oh my gosh! I wasn’t expecting this so soon.” Minhee explained.

Sojin and Seoyeon just gave small, convincing smiles. They are happy, don’t get them wrong. But, it was all too sudden. They have to prepare themselves, maybe even more than the others.

“This is crazy.” Yoonkyung added, with a stressed hand on her forehead and a stressed laugh coming from .

“I know.” Sojin confirmed.

“Unnie, you’ll probably be the leader.” Hyunyoung said with confidence.

Everybody was sure she would be. She is the oldest, trained the longest, was always seen as the leader. She is the leader.

“I really hope you are.”

“Yeah!”

Sojin kept hearing rounds of praise, but then she looked right beside her to her left and saw Seoyeon, the maknae, looking down at her hands with an anxious look.

Sojin took her hand in comfort. “Are you okay?”

Seoyeon nodded. “I’m okay.”

Sojin gave a small smile of understanding. “I know you are not. It’s okay.”