final

forever and always

Kim so eun POV

"I'm in love with you, you fool!" The burst of emotion exploded out of me, without a second thought. I looked up with these stupid crocodile tears, overwhelming my lifeless brown eyes.

"Kim so eun, you are pathetic as it is! Don't you dare let a single tear fall!" The cruel foul voice in the corner of my head demands.

The lump that sits in the middle my throat, grew rapidly as I stared into his cold pitch black eyes, searching for the small light that used to be there. Hopelessly trying to find any sign that tells me that we'll be okay.

Unfortunately this isn't a romantic movie, he isn't the ever perfect Prince Charming. And I'm not his Cinderella.

The acid like tears burns viciously in my eyes. I willed them not to fall. Forcefully I command myself to swallow the lump in my throat, however unlike any other time, the lump felt like the sharp ends of knifes. Piercing. Cutting. Slitting.

With a shaky deep breath, I clear my face of any emotion. With one final look, I turn around, and walked away.

Bottling my emotions is what I'm good at.

Hiding away, is what I perfected.

And loving him, is my best mistake.


(Earlier that day)


"Oppa?" I ask, concern over his silence.

We just finished the filming for the 'damaged control' episode. What I told him is only the truth. The true reason. The real story. When the news broke out, my heart raced wildly against my ribcage.

"This misunderstanding wouldn't cause something between us, will it?" The question echoed loudly in the emptiness of my head.

Of all the days, it just had to be on today, the day that I'd finally let all guards down.
A small part of me prayed that he'll believe me. Though I knew the chances were a billion to one. Rumours can change a person. And he is no exception.

He gave me the benefit of the doubt. Or at-least I thought he did. As soon as we finished the filming, his hand snatch away from mine, as if I had burned him.

*crack* a small crack can be heard from inside me.

"Don't ever touch me ever again." His small, virus-liked words, shot straight to my defenceless heart, like daggers.

"I'm sorry. But please believe me when I tell you that what I told you just now on set is the truth." I plead for him to understand. Even a tiny bit of understanding would do.

"And why should I? All you've done was take me for granted! I think it's high time I take advantage of this situation." He snarl.

I hurt him. This is why he's like this. He's acting like this because I hurt him.

I hurt him.

"Why don't you just do everyone a favour and go die." And just like that, my world that barely hung on by a thread, collapsed.

What do you do, when the one person who mattered the most, doesn't believe you?

"Please don't do this. I know you are hurt but please don't do this." I beg, my dry voice cracked. The dizziness in my head made itself known.

"Why shouldn't I? You're forgetting that fact that I'm not in the wrong." He said almost smugly. His once warm chocolate eyes, now stare back at me with such emptiness.

*crack* the sound increased a notch.

He's trying to inflect pain on me, so I'd know how much he's hurting.
He didn't have to, I know all too well.

"When I showered you with love. You turned away. And now you want my love. Well listen princess, I'm not some hopeless love fool who is stupid enough to believe your stories." The anger in his voice was all the clarity that I needed to know. There's no chance for us anymore.

"Oppa.." Before the word even got the chance to leave pass my lips, he intercepts.

"You know, I was really interested in you, when I thought you were smart. Tough. But really all you are is stupid and easy." His words became imprinted in my mind like a tattoo gone wrong.
Like an ugly permanent scar.

A million, "I care about you".
A thousand, "I like you".
A hundred, "I love you".
But one, "I hate you," can change everything.

And just like that I feel nothing but numbness. All the burning, sizzling and stinging pain I felt just moments ago, vanished. I couldn't feel or hear anything.

I take in the screen in front of me. His lips moves quickly, but yet I couldn't hear a single sound.  His eyes jab daggers into my soul but yet I couldn't feel any pain.
I just stood, motionless. Like a statue.

"Did I not have a soul...is that why I can't feel or hear anything anymore?" I thought, absently.

"Did you honestly believe that I actually like or even worse love someone like you?" His harsh words enters my ears. A smirk graces his handsome face.

*bang*

And just like a beautiful dream...he disappeared.

How do you stand when there's no ground?

My lips couldn't form coherent words. My words caught in my throat. My brain couldn't comprehend anything.

"I-I see." My voice, croaked.

I couldn't blink and as a pro, I kept the ugly tears at bay but the con, I'm forced to stare hopelessly into the hollowness of his black orbs.
In his once loving eyes, I seek desperately for a gleam of hope, one last time.
Nothing.

I blink.
A single tear cascade down from the corner of my left eye.
But a storm raged on, inside me.

It took every fibre in me to remove myself from my statue-like position. I walked out of the empty film set.
I walked out of his life.

Rome might not have been built in a day but it was demolished in seconds


(Present time)


Each steps I take as I climb the rigid bricks to the top of the building. A small tear falls from my eyes. Slowly. 

The worse thing isn't crying but crying unconsciously because the pain is too great for the mind to comprehend and too great for the heart to feel, thus the only way for the body to handle the pain is to cry without ourselve knowing. 

Ignorant is blissed.

The cool winter breeze slaps my face, roughly, as I reached the top of the building. When I walked out of the film set, and out of his life, I couldn't think of anywhere to go but my old university building. The only connection I have to him. 

The grey storm clouds greeted me with opening arms. I moved stiffly to the edge, where the wired railings are. 

"I love you, you fool!" I scream at the top of my lungs to no one in particular. 

The once brilliant lights of the ever busy city of Seoul, now merely glitter into the distance. The sparks that once captivated my attention is now like a dim light bulb in the lone street on an island of isolation. 

No longer being in control of myself, I let the waterfall of tears glide down, washing away the heap of makeup that my stylist expertly applied on to hide the evidence of pain. 

*ring ring*  I sigh.

"Hello?", casually as ever, I answer the phone call. 

"Unnie? It's me, there's a ... problem...it's...it's omma..." The chaotic sobbing of my sister's cry over the phone was enough to lock away my tears and broken heart and shake my mind back to the cruelness of reality. 

"Hey, hey calm down, tell unnie what's wrong.." I try to calm my sister as best as I could over the phone. 

"Unnie, you have to come to the hospital, now." she says, now sobbing quitely. 

"Okay, stay put, unnie will be there soon." I tell before hanging up the phone. 

(Arriving at the hospital) 

"Appa!" I raced to my mother's staying room only to find my dad with his head hidden in his hands, sitting on the dark green couch next to the empty patient's bed.

"Appa, whats wrong? where is omma and SangEun?" I ask, walking closer to him.

"Your mother is in the emergency's room, her heart rate stopped and as for SangEun, she went to the bathroom to wash up." He says and his tear-filled eyes was the only indication I needed to confirm the downfall of my family. My father, the toughest man, I have ever known, is no where in sight, instead he is replaced with a man filled with absolute sorrow. A man desperately praying to god to save his beloved wife. A man who is on the verge of losing everything, hanging on the world by a thread.  

"She'll be fine. I know it." My words gave little comfort to him. 

(A year later)

"Omma, I'm going out for a bit, so don't wait up." I tell my mother, who thankfully recovered quickly from her illness. 

"Alright, be safe SoEun-ah." She says before walking off to scowl my sister for leaving her books everywhere. 

"I'll be home soon, appa." I tell him as I walk out of the house.

 

Once in my car, I take out a small folded rose, that I made a year ago, out of my purse and into the palm of my right hand. 

Just like every rose have its thorns, every box has it surprise. Mine is no expection,  my most protected secret lay written inside this folded rose cube origami.

I smile. Its finally time to let go of what that was never mine. I've cried far to long, now I must smile.

- END OF POV-

 

-NO ONE POV

*HOTTEST News in Korea* 

Famous actress Kim So Eun is reported to have passed away, late last night after the tragic car accident. The drunk driver who crashed into Kim's car is faced with major lawsuits. The police who were at the crime scene is reported to have found Ms Kim clenching onto what seems to be a folded paper, here is what the police officer has to say. 

"Yes, this is a very sad day for the Kim family. At 10:34 pm, late of last night, Ms Kim So Eun is found dead in her car near Han River, I believe she was on her way to meet someone, because in her lifeless pale hands, she held tightly onto a small folded rose origami. What's inside is a handwritten note to someone, which will remind confidential, as repect to her privacy."  

Now our sources who recently came in contact with us, have confessed that Ms Kim So Eun was never actually involved in any sort of ways with rumored actor Son Ho Joon. Our sources have also added that Son Ho Joon was the only one who felt emotionally and physically attracted to Ms Kim So Eun, while the lady at hand, never saw him more than a friend. Well there you have it viewers, seems like the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover', was not just a saying but a sentimental moral that everyone should be aware of. Now the question is, who was Ms Kim So Eun going to meet? 

Comments: 

[+853238729] RIP Kim So Eun-ssi... <3

[+113242232] omg She's gone....my solim heart....(broken)....wae???? wae????

[+52388382] agh...spent worthless times hating her for something she didn't do (cries) im sorry KSE.

[+3492633] holy sh*t no more solim possiblity....wonder whats written in that folded note...

[+68793] The person she want to meet up with is Song Jaerim!!

[+2356] you promise us 50 years....this is wasn't even 3 years yet... (cries) come back....

[-931232] finally at long last, she's gone and i still believe she cheated on him.

 

-Song Jaerim pov

"SoEun-ah...I'm sorry..." My voice just above a whisper.

I look down at the blood stained folded rose origami in my hand. 

"Oppa? Come back to bed, baby." My ex-girlfriend, well now my girlfriend, again, we got back together straight after SoEun's scandal came out. 

"I'll be there soon, baby." I tell her. 

I cautiously unfold the origami open, only to find her neat careful handwriting. It reads:

-Oppa  Song Jaerim, thank you for teaching me how to love and its meaning. There were many times where I wanted to break down my own walls for you but once I did, the happiness of not having to hide my feelings for you lasted for only a second as a horrible untrue story appeared. I don't actually know why I'm writing this note to you, when i have no plan of ever giving it to you. I would look nothing but "pathetic and easy", right? Ha! I think I'm going insane. I think once I can finally let you go and accept the fact that you and I will never be together, I will go and throw this note away. I'll chuck it over Han River, where no one will find this and when I do, I'll shout out the words I wanted to say for a every long time now, its 8 lettes, 3 words, 1 meaning. I LOVE YOU.

Love SoEun. 

I'm sorry. I love you. Forever and always.

 

 

The End