Cold Eyes - Chapter Two

Cold Eyes

It have been two weeks since Junhyung started in Cube High. Everything was new for him. He have at least 10 class to attend in a day. And at least 4 period for dance class. The boy, Hyunseung has always come to his mind everytime he look at the boy. He notice that the boy is so quite. He just ask question when needed. And answer question if the teacher call. Never a volunteer. But always the apple of the teacher's eyes. Junhyung decide to just ignore everything and focus on his work.

"Should we go buy some groceries?" Doojoon ask. Junhyung just nod.

"Does you often cook? Or, you just always eat outside or takeover?" Junhyung ask.

Doojoon chuckle and shook his head. "Well, you can say that I rarely cook, rarely eat outside and always delivery. Did you know that Yoseob's cafe make delivery?" Doojoon said. Junhyung raise his eyebrow.

"Looks like you always go to Yoseob's cafe and you know so much about him I think." Junhyung said and smirk. Doojoon chuckle.

"Nahh. Don't think of anything Jun. He is just my student. And, well, special one. He always come here with Hyunseung for addition class." Doojoon said. Junhyung frown at the name Hyunseung.

"Yah, why are you wrinkled?" Doojoon nudge him. Junhyung shook his head.

"Is that Hyunseung boy that good?" Junhyung ask. This time, Doojoon frown.

"Why are you asking that?"

"Answer me Doojoon." Junhyung said. Doojoon breathe heavily.

"Just wait and see Jun. They will come here today. It is Friday and we always spend time together. Either at the cafe or here." Doojoon said. Junhyung nod.

"Let's go for groceries." Doojoon said. They went out to the market.

They pick food that seems necessary like ramen, beef, veges, rice and other foods. They finish their shop and drove back to Doojoon's apartment. Doojoon parked his car at the parking lot and take out their groceries. Junhyung is helping him.

"Teachers!" A loud voice greet them. Junhyung and Doojoon startled and turn their voice to the person.

Yoseob and Hyunseung bowed to them. "Ouh. Yoseob, Hyunseung. You guys startled us." Doojoon said.

"So, you went to buy some foods teacher, should we help?" Yoseob said. Doojoon smile and nod. Junhyung give some of the things to Yoseob and Hyunseung.

They take the same elevator to Doojoon's apartment in 24th floor. Junhyung take a glance at Hyunseung who have his head down. He wear a spectacles. Junhyung remember about how he run to Mr. Hong's office.

'Does this kid have something they hide with Mr. Hong. His face bruised. Who is this boy?' Junhyung sigh. Doojoon frown.

"Why did you sigh Jun?" Doojoon ask. Yoseob giggle.

"Well, nothing actually. Just can't wait to go to school again." Junhyung said.

"The environment here and London must be different right teacher?" Yoseob ask. Junhyung nod.

"So different. But Korea is the best for me." Junhyung said. Yoseob smile. Junhyung look at Hyunseung and unknowingly Hyunseung look at him back but the boy quickly move his head somewhere else. Junhyung blink.

'So awkward.' Hyunseung thought in his mind.

--

"You must change the a-1 to the fraction. Then you can multiply with the other number here. After that divide the 1355. Don't forget to change every negative square to fraction to make it as positive indices. You got that?" Doojoon explain. Yoseob nod.

"Maths is hard Mr. Yoon. Sometimes I wanna give up doing the exercise especially indices." Yoseob whine. Doojoon chuckle.

"Nothing is easy Yoseob. But then, nothing is impossible. You can learn from Hyunseung though. I am sure he wouldn't mind." Doojoon said. Yoseob nod and chuckle. Their surronding is so lively. Different with the english teacher and the quite student.

"Do you understand how English work?" Junhyung ask. Just a nod he got as reply. Junhyung sigh again. The surrounding was so quiet although Yoseob keep chatting with Doojoon instead of doing his homework.

"Teacher.." A faint voice. Junhyung quickly look up.

"Y-yes?" Junhyung stutter.

"Is this the right sentence to do? It seems confusing." Hyunseung scratched his head. Junhyung smile as he look at the book.

"Hmm. This is right but, you know some of the words need to put 's' and some not. As for the words 'information' here, it doesn't require 's' because it is uncountable. Something that uncountable, we use that as singular. Without 's'. Understand?" Junhyung said. Hyunseung blink his eyes and nod.

"Why did you go to Mr. Hong's office that morning?" Junhyung ask suddenly. Hyunseung tensed. He shift uncomfortably at his seat.

"H-how--"

"I saw you.." Junhyung said.

'I hope he wouldn't suspect anything' Hyunseung thought.

"Your face was bruised. He done something?" Junhyung blurt his negative thought.

Doojoon and Yoseob look at them questioningly.

"N-Nothing. T-the bruise, I-I fall. N-Nothing serious." Hyunseung stuttered nervously. Junhyung sigh.

"Actually, I don't have the right to say anything. I just two weeks here. But one thing for sure, if you have any problems, let it out. Don't keep it to yourself. Tell others. The person that you believe and trust. Yoseob or the teachers. Everyone is there for you." Junhyung said. Hyunseung blinked his eyes.

He never felt that warm. It has always been cold surrounding him. Darkness. Hurt. He just feel this when he is with Yoseob. When he have problems, Yoseob will be the one that hear his heart's voice. He never cried. He always stay strong. But now, when other person that he barely know say that to him, the overwhelming sensation come like the wave hit the shore. His chest burn.

"I might be a stranger to you, but I am a human too. I might don't know what you have been through. But I understand what life is. Don't be afraid. Yoseob got your back. Even he didn't say it, believe me. He is the friend that wouldn't want to lose you. And you wouldn't want to lose him. He might don't know what happen, but he felt the hurt just seeing you. Whatever happen to you, I don't know. But there must be a secret behind the bruise and your quiteness. It doesn't look like you fall." Junhyung said.

Yoseob and Doojoon exchange look. Doojoon swear he saw tears in Yoseob's eyes. Yoseob look down in shame. What Junhyung said is true. But one thing for sure. Eventhough he have been friend with Hyunseung since diapers, he never give such beautiful encouraging words to Hyunseung. It always be 'stay strong' or 'i always be with you'. Yoseob ashame with himself. With Hyunseung. 

Yoseob stand up and backhugged Hyunseung. "I'm sorry." Yoseob whisper and cried. Hyunseung pat Yoseob's hand and nod. His face show no expression. No tears, no pain. But then, he smile. And Junhyung swear, it was a beautiful smile he ever seen.

"Thank you, Yong Junhyung ssi" Hyunseung uttered.

Junhyung smile.

--

Hyunseung was doing his self study at the library when Yoseob come and sit in front of him.

Yoseob has a really solemn face right now and Hyunseung wonder why.

"Wae?" Hyunseung ask. Yoseob sigh and look down. The blonde hold Hyunseung's slender finger.

"Mr. Hong wants to meet you now." Yoseob said. Hyunseung sigh.

"Now? As in now?" Hyunseung said. Yoseob nod.

"He told you to bring your bag too. I don't know why but, he wants you to go to him now." Yoseob said. Hyunseung sigh.

"I will go first then." Hyunseung said and walk away from the library. He go to the class and saw Junhyung already there. He walk closer to Junhyung.

"Sir.." He called.

Junhyung look up and smile.

"I have important event to attend. And it is emergency. I have to go." Hyunseung said. Junhyung smile and nod.

"You may go." Junhyung said. Hyunseung bow and walk to his place. He take his bag and walk to the door but stop when Junhyung call him.

"Take care Hyunseung." Junhyung said. Hyunseung smile a bit unknowingly and go to Mr. Hong's office.

--

Hyunseung look at the older man beside him.

"Ahjussi.." Hyunseung call.

"No Hyunseung. I will do what I want to do. Whatever it takes. I can't risk you." Mr. Hong said.

"Hong Seung Sung Ahjussi. I said to you. It was nothing. I have used to it. Please, I don't have the courage." Hyunseung said. Almost pleadiing.

Mr. Hong sigh. "No Hyunseung. No." Mr. Hong said. Hyunseung look down, defeated.


Not that good? Chapter two unbeta.