The Epilogue

A Love to Kill For

니 눈빛으로 말하는게 더 크게 들려 내 귀엔 그래.
( I can hear what you say through your eyes better. )

"Someone get the doctor!" a voice shouted, "She's waking up!"

A young girl stirred in her sleep as she hears the voices talk. Her head is pounding, and she just feels genuine discomfort. It feels like she hasn't moved for an eternity, but that obviously can't be right. Slowly, she uses all her strength to sit up on what seems to be a pure white bed, but even as she feels like she's using every single muscle in her body, it stills feels weak and powerless. Is there something wrong with her?

"Excuse me, miss," another voice began to speak, "Can you hear me?"

She blinks a few times, adjusting her eyes to the light that filled the room, "I, um. Yeah. I'm fine. Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital," the same voice explained, "You've been placed under my care. I'm Doctor Cho. You've been in the hospital for three months due to being in a comatose state. Do you remember how you got here? Who you are?"

Coma? The girl didn't understand. What is this stranger talking about? Why would she be in a comatose state without good reason to be? That's a ridiculous thought. She shakes her head, trying to clear her thoughts, but everything still seemed to be cloudy. There is no way she fell into such a deep slumber. She is just an average girl with an average life. All she does every day is... is...?

Her eyes suddenly filled with panic, "...I don't know. I don't remember anything. I- Who am I? Why am I here? What happened to me? Everything's blank! Why is everything blank? Doctor Cho, what is wrong with me?"

She struggles to get back on her two feet. She wants to make sure everything is okay. However, as she tries to move herself from the bed to the ground, a sharp piercing pain ran through her chest. Her hands flies up to clutch at the resonating pain, but it doesn't go away. It is almost unbearable, and she doesn't even know the cause of it.

The nurses immediately came into the room to help her back into the bed while Doctor Cho just shakes his head, "You shouldn't be moving and acting recklessly right now. You've suffered a gun injury that was dangerously close to your heart. If it had been shifted right by one centimeter, you would've died right on the spot. If someone didn't anonymously call 119, then the paramedics wouldn't have arrived on scene on time and saved your life. Miss, you were extremely lucky."

How is all of this lucky? The girl doesn't comprehend a single thing. She is sure that she is one of the most unluckiest people in the world. She is in a hospital without a single memory, and she cannot leave. If she even tries to move out of the bed, then an apparent gunshot wound would keep her immobile. Though her mind is filled with panic, she tries to calm herself, but the more she tries to keep herself collected, the more she finds herself struggling.

That is when she finally realizes something, "...You've never called me by my name. You've never once called me by my name. It's always Miss. Do you even know what it is? Do you even know who I am?"

However, the lack of reply from the doctor and nurses in the room confirmed her suspicions. She had no identity, at least none that people knew of. She is just a Jane Doe that appeared in the hospital. She is nobody. At that moment, she finds herself completely scared. How is living as a ghost any better than dying?

She is truly alone.

"Most of the time, memories come back in pieces. Memory-loss isn't always permanent. There is a chance that you will recover and become the person you once were," Doctor Cho tries to explain it to calm her, "but for now, if being Miss is uncomfortable for you, then would you rather us call you by another name as a substitute?"

"Another name?" the girl repeats, slowly but surely. It is as if the whole idea of having another identity isn't too foreign for her. Struggling to decide if she should accept the doctor's proposal, she tried to think of a familiar name, any familiar name. That way, maybe someone she knows would be able to find her.

Taking a deep breath, she looks up at the doctor, "...I'm Saemi. Park Saemi."

Can you hear what I say through my eyes better?


A/N: HELLO MY READERS! THANKS FOR READING A LOVE TO KILL FOR.
I realize that this story ends somewhat without a conclusion, but that's what it's meant to be haha. You can imagine if Mark every finds Saemi and if Saemi ever finds Mark. Lol kidding. I think I set this up, so this would have a sequel, another short story of course. I'm currently brainstorming on what it would be like. I think I got a general idea, but it needs to be perfected.
Also, to be honest, this was only supposed to be 5-10 chapters with Hana actually dying, but somehow it ended up being double that and I changed it so she doesn't get killed (I think I just didn't want to rush anything and I was too fond of the father character-- he's actually such a sweetheart, taking her in and training her to be the only thing he knows, only ever taking on missions for targetting criminals, and trying to be the good leader that his gang thinks of him to be).
I also want to clear up something, in case you got confused. The reason why "Hana died" is a true statement is because Hana's father identifies that "Hana" is the "perfect assassin he raised", so when Hana no longer was that assassin, then she was no longer Hana. This means that Hana is dead, metaphorically of course. When Hana died, Saemi was born. Saemi is identified to be the boy that Mark has fallen in love with but also lost. Of course, the gunshot was fired, and Hana was hit, but she didn't actually physically die from it (she just fell into a coma).
Anyways, after clearing everything up, you can keep your eye out for a sequel. I think I'll write one. Soon. Maybe. c: