Midnight Christmas

Midnight Christmas

POV him

I met her at our guest house MOM; she was one of our clients. She was an ordinary girl, but every time our eyes met I turned scarlet. She had warm smile. That girl didn’t run after me, didn’t ask for a photo or my signature. It seemed like she was avoiding me. Because of her, I came to guest house every day, I became a bartender at our café, because I wanted to see her. Every day, my beautiful stranger, with a cup of latté was sitting at the corner table with laptop.

My friends were making fun of me, because the great evil maknae was afraid to ask an ordinary girl on a date. But she wasn’t an ordinary. Every time I tried to talk to her something urgent came up: a phone call, photoshoot, or my new album. But… perhaps it was me. I was too shy to ask her out.

Christmas was coming.  Seoul was covered with a white blanket, which make it look magical.

Couples walked around Han River and me… Well, I was at my musical rehearsals. That’s way I didn’t come to guest house as often as usual. I was curious is she still there. Perhaps she went home, because tomorrow Christmas Eve.  After musical I went back to dormitory and I thought that I’ll be sleeping like dead. But even in my dreams I saw only her, a beautiful girl with dark hair and green eyes. As always she was sitting at the corner table at my guest house.

So, after an hour, I was at her door. I know it didn’t right but I looked at her profile and read all about her. I wanted to impress her, so I learn some phrases at her native language. But my mind was telling me I gone mad because it’s 3:00 AM and today December 24th. Hardly to believe that she is still here, but I came. I, even, bought a present for her. Small snow globe, but I wanted to be remembered by her.

I knocked. No one was there. Right, I ended gone mad.  Today is Christmas Eve and maybe she went home to her family. When I turn around I saw her… my beautiful stranger. Is this real? This is not a dream, right? Without taking my eyes of her, step by step I walked to her.

Hesitatingly I said -“Hi, Merry Christmas” - and gave her my small gift. Now it’s she who turned scarlet when she told me “Thank you”. She looked ravishing wearing pink hat, white scarf and gloves… wait a minute, a designer of those gloves was Leeteuk? Whatever… they fit her perfectly. My beautiful stranger looked like little girl, the one you want to hold tide and never let go. Suddenly, she wrapped my neck with her scarf and muttered “you should take care of yourself, its cold outside” and walked to her room.

POV her

I planned my trip to Seoul, like what, from when I was five? That’s way I knew what I wanted to see and where I wanted to stay. Moreover, I didn’t came here to rest I came here to work. Yes, I’ve got job at Cube entertainment. Temp job, but it is my dream job.

When I come to the hotel with my very heavy luggage, I slipped and fell down under his feet. His… a tall man with brown eyes. Of course, I just could not fell elsewhere or near someone else, I had to fell down near him. Near that person, whom I wanted to meet like a beautiful lady, moreover I haven’t thought I met him one day. Despite the fact I decided to stay in his guest house. Pulling me out from my thoughts, the guy gave me his hand and helped me stand on my feet. He didn’t say a word when he took my luggage and went to reception, leaving me behind. Then he turned around just to ask me if I’m coming and didn’t waiting for my answer he went on.

Next day I met him at the café; I ordered my favourite latté, went to the corner table and turn on my laptop. Days have passed. Every day he came here to help his parents in the café and every day I’ve bought only latté. Trying to hide from his deep look towards me, or maybe it was my imagination; I sat on the corner table. His smile leaves me breathless and his voice… I was in love with his voice for a long time now. I could not get him out my mind.

Nothing lasts forever. Christmas was coming, Seoul streets became white. Couples walked around Han River and I walked around with my phone and with 4 GB music… his music. He didn’t come to hotel as often as usual. Maybe he was bored, watching after shy girl who hasn’t speak much in front of him. When I looked at my watch I decided to go back to the hotel.

I could not believe in what I saw. Man with brown eyes was standing in front of me… Is it really him? He came closer to me and gave me a snow globe. Hesitatingly he said – “Hi, Merry Christmas”.

Today is Christmas Eve and he came to me in 3 AM. Is this a dream? He came in this cold weather, and he wasn’t wearing scarf and his jacket was open. I wrapped his neck with my scarf, I muttered “you should take care of yourself, its cold outside” and walked to my room.

POV him

If I let her go now I’ll lose her forever. I took her hand and said the first thing that came to my mind. “I would like to drink latté. Come?”

“What?” – She asked surprisingly and looked on my hand.

“I… I mean…” – I stumble and didn’t know what to say so I let go of her hand. – “It’s cold outside, you must be cold and I can make very delicious latté. Come?”

My beautiful stranger smiled sheepishly. “I thought you only take orders”

“What? You didn’t saw the difference between my special latté and the one that making here?” I pouted.

“What?” – She asked surprisingly as I took her hand. Her gloves made by Leeteuk... interesting. “Nice gloves” – I muttered.

“What? Wait…Latté… it was yours?” – She asked surprisingly as we walked down to café.

This Christmas we spend together as a couple.