Perseverance

Perseverance

Maybe the world isn't as round as it appears to be. Maybe there's a few bumps and cervices we've yet to see or find because maybe, just maybe, we're to blind to see it. Or maybe, the world's flaws are seen in everyday people and that's why we don't focus on it per se.

That's how I saw things as the car flipped over with my arms wrapped around her in fear she might get hurt. That's how I saw things as I was flown out of the car, eyes only being able to see her. That's how I saw things when I was suddenly able to see myself laying on the ground, dead.

Maybe I didn't get the chance to court her. Or the chance to grow with her. Or the chance to see everyone else. Or the chance to move on. Maybe I was the unlucky one. Maybe I was the one to be the sacrifice. Maybe it was my job to face all the pain in the beginning so they'd experience some later in life.

And that's how I'm thinking currently as I follow my body all the way to the funeral. I can see all the sad faces. My twin brother's face is currently disheartening. I can't even look at it. My love's face is shattered, her thoughts were all over her face. Mianhae. I sigh and clutch at my chest. Mother's face is the host of sorrow. She's blaming herself.

I sit by the casket with a sigh. I'm dead now, a ghost. They can't see me. It hurts to know that. Hurts to know they're crying and grieving and I can't help them. I'm powerless. I know all that much. Yet I feel as though I'm living. Like I am a human entity still. However, I know I am not.

Now the funeral's done and everyone is watching the casket holding my human self in it. I watch as it goes. I hold no bonds to it now. It's gone and I have no more power to mend it to me. Powerless once again to the body I once owned and dominated as I pleased.

Now everyone is trying to gain composure as they begin to leave me behind. They murmur fond memories of me like I'm not there. I'm not though... I wish I was so I could at least be able to freely move with them.

Now years have passed and I know much more than my human self. My “twin” isn't my twin. He's my adopted brother. My real twin is some dude name Ray Kim. He has my love in his life. I should be envious, shouldn't I? But I'm relieved. I can hear the voice calling out to me. “Se-Chan. Come home now.” I smile as I let the last glimpse of my love fill my vision. “Take care of her,” I say as I finally feel the heart in my chest go limp and my vision go blurry.