Sweet Like Suga

Sweet Like Suga

        "Let's go somewhere tonight," said Yoongi as he came up beside you and slung his arm around your shoulders. Quickly, you pushed him off, looking around to ensure nobody had seen. As the top of your class and soon-to-be valedictorian, the entire school would freak out if they knew you were dating Min Yoongi- the school's bad boy.
        In the hall and on the street, he was known as Suga. Every girl had a sweet tooth for him- you just happened to be lucky enough to catch his eye. 

        Scratch that- you happened to be unlucky enough to catch his eye. It was a week into freshman year when you, with your big glasses and textbook-filled backpack, had been stupid enough to underestimate the amount of space in the hallway and tried to get to your next class while reading a book. There was a hallway packed full of frantic kids- seven of whom were fooling around wildly and being obnoxious. You rounded a corner blindly, running smack into one of them.
        Your book went flying, as did your small, light body. People immediately began to go around you and the boy, creating a little space- your own circle that held only you and him. You looked up, squinting as the sun filtered through the window. A figured moved into your line of sight and you blinked a few times to focus in on him. He had messy, dark hair, pale skin, and wore all-black clothes. A bandana with skulls on it wrapped around his head and his earring glinted in the light. And he was holding out his hand to you.
        "Are you alright?" Dazed, you reached out and took it. The boy pulled you up and then handed you your book.
        "I'm so sorry, I-I should've been watching where I was going instead of reading, but the book was so good and I just, I couldn't put it down but-"
        The boy's sweet, rich laugh cut you off. "Don't worry about it," he said, reaching out and adjusting your ever-falling glasses. "You're okay, right?" 
        "I-I'm good," you managed to say, lost in his sweet smile and warm eyes. He ruffled your hair like you were a child or a puppy.
        "Take care of yourself," he said with a wink. And with that, he sauntered off to rejoin the group of boys who had shoved him into you and changed your entire life.

        "I can't, Yoongi-ah, I have to study." He pouted at your response and you turned away, knowing that you'd give in if you looked. 
        "But it's Friday! You're always studying. You've been studying since the first day I met you and you haven't stopped since," he grumbled. "And it's almost the end of senior year," he added, kicking at a stone.
        "If I must remind you, I was reading at the exact moment that we met. It was a good part in the story too. I was thoroughly enjoying Katniss and Peeta's cave scene before I was so rudely interrupted," you said, playfully shoving his shoulder. 
        "Isn't that when they make out and things get all steamed up?" he asked, cocking one eyebrow at you.
        "You wish it was," you muttered, walking a bit faster as you bit back a smile. 
        Suddenly, you found yourself trapped with your back against the brick wall of the school, his arms on either side of you. "I wish it was us," he murmured, leaning in close.
        "Y-Yah, move!" you yelped, flustered. He chuckled softly. "It's been an hour since school got out, no need to worry about anyone seeing us."
        You groaned and turned your head. "I'm going to drown in your grease," you told him.
        "One kiss and I'll save you from drowning." You scoffed and he grinned cheekily.
        "No," you said. He pouted again.
        "Why not?" He leaned a fraction of an inch closer.
        "One kiss?" You, too, leaned in a tiny bit more.
        "Just one." 
        You moved so that your lips were half a whisper away from his...and then maneuvered sideways to kiss his cheek. "Now move," you said, facing him again. 
        He was completely still for a single moment before instantaneously stealing a kiss. Your eyes widened in shock. "Min Yoongi!" 
        Laughing freely, he pulled away from you and grabbed your hand, dragging you toward his car. "Come on jagiya, let's get some ice cream!"
        You rolled your eyes and giggled as the happy boy opened the door for you in a very gentlemanly manner. 

        "Hyung! Noona!" a voice called as you walked into the ice cream parlor.
        "Oh! Hi, Kookie!" you said, walking up to the boy behind the counter. Jungkook, one of the six boys who had helped to change your life, stood in a red apron, somehow looking totally out of place and completely normal at the same time. He, like /Suga/ and the rest of the boys, was popular with the girls despite being a few months younger than everyone. His all-dark clothes contrasted with the bright red of the apron just as much as they did with his cute face.

        You remembered first seeing his face a few days after the incident with Yoongi. 
        You had just closed your locker and were about to head to class when you heard a swear from somewhere to your right.
        "Are you okay?" you ventured, taking a step toward the boy. He looked up, a frustrated look on his sweet baby face. Though his clothes screamed slacker, his big eyes pleaded sweetheart.
        "My locker cut me," he muttered, sounding more like a six year old than a high school freshman. You glanced down at his finger and saw a small drop of blood forming.
        Quickly digging out a little first-aid tin from your bag, you pulled out a wipe and a red band aid. Without thinking much of it, you took his finger and cleaned the wound before sealing it up neatly. "All done," you said, just as someone came up from the side.
        "Yah, Jungkook-ah, we're gonna be la- Oh! It's you!" You looked up to see none other than Min Yoongi himself standing there, surprised. Within two seconds, he'd figured out the situation. "You should take care of yourself before you take care of others," he said sweetly, reaching out to push up your glasses again.
        You stood there silently, half in shock and half in pure awkwardness. "We'll see you around," he said with a wave as he ushered the younger boy away, once again leaving you with only your thoughts.

        "What can I get for you guys?" Jungkook asked. Before you could respond, Yoongi spoke first.
        "One scoop of coffee ice cream in a cone for her." He looked away from you with a sheepish grin. "And a vanilla cone for me."
        "Wooow, look at this hyung, so smoothly knowing what his girl likes," Jungkook teased. Your face flushed and laughed. "Don't worry, noona, it just means he cares about you a lot."
        "Yah, who are you to talk about my love life? You're working," Yoongi reminded him, shoving a few crumpled dollar bills across the counter. 
        Jungkook only smiled as he rang up the sale and scooped out the ice cream. "Have fun, you two," he said, handing you your treat. 
        "Tch, you're forgetting who's the hyung here," muttered Yoongi, taking his vanilla cone. "Later."
        "See ya," the younger replied.

        About an hour later, you unbuckled your seatbelt as you glanced down the street, a little way down from your house, making sure the coast was clear. There was no way you'd live if your parents found out about this secret relationship. It was crazy that they hadn't caught on yet seeing as it had been going on since the summer after sophomore year.
        You hadn't thought much of it when Park Jimin, who had been your lab partner for all of freshman year, asked you to meet him at the park on the first day of summer after sophomore year. The sky was blue and the sun was shining, but not burning. The grass glistened green and the flowers of rainbow colors celebrated the arrival of summer with their fresh, sweet scents. You and Jimin were good friends by this time, which was unexpected seeing as his main circle of friends included all of the so-called bad boys of the school. Which meant that they had become your friends too, tho it wasn't exactly a public matter- you never actually hung out with them. It started with talking to Jungkook by your locker and some of the boys waiting for Jimin after the class you had with him and seeing you.
        This evolved over the next year to you becoming totally chill with all of them. And, of course, who would always be there but Min Yoongi. It wasn't weird- you knew how good of friends they all were. But you found it strange that the group of people you talked to the most were these 'bad boys' when you were a straight A, top-of-the-school student.
        So when Jimin texted you that morning to meet him at the park and "look somewhat presentable" as he'd said, you were nowhere near the thought of any of the boys liking you. You certainly liked them. Attractive and strong, a little protective... They were all pretty much perfect. But there was and always had been one who stood out the most.
        "Thanks for the ice cream, guys, but tell me why I'm here," you said to the six boys who had spotted you and handed you an ice cream cone as soon as you'd arrived at the park. You sat on the edge of the pretty white fountain, adjusting your pink sundress.
        "What, we can invite out friend out on a nice summer day for ice cream? Hurtful," muttered Taehyung, shoving a napkin at you.
        "I appreciate your concern for my lack of social life, but-"
        "Exactly." Namjoon said, cutting you off. "You have no social life!"
        "Which is why we're about to change that..." trailed off Hoseok.
        "...if you say yes, that is," Jin finished, motioning for you to stand up. You did so, questioning, "Say yes to what?"
        At this, the six boys standing in front of you parted like the Red Sea, three on each side, revealing the one boy who had been missing since you got there.
        "To me," said Min Yoongi, holding out a single red rose.

        "Are you sure you can't go out tonight?" he pleaded again. 
        "I would if I could but I can't so I shan't," you recited, absentmindedly.
        "Shan't?" he asked, genuinely confused. "Who the uses shan't anymore?" 
        "Language, Yoongi. And I use it. Problem?" you asked, raising your eyebrows teasingly. He only smiled in response.
        "Go in. I don't want your parents to question why you're late." Always considerate, he was. 
        You smiled too, but stayed in the car a little longer, taking your time gathering your bag. "Alright, I'm going," you said. He leaned over and kissed you softly, the lingering tastes of coffee and vanilla ice creams melding together in a sweet, delicious concoction.
        "Bye, babe," he said as you got out of the car. "I'll see you real soon."
        "I'm not sneaking out tonight," you told him raising one eyebrow.
        "I know," he said sending you an extra greasy lip bite/wink combo that made your heart flutter before he drove away.

        That evening, you went about your normal routine of studying and eating and more studying and more eating until you decided it was time for a shower. Humming to yourself, you washed and dried your hair before you went through your nightly routine of facial products. You then pulled on your favorite oversized t-shirt (which wasn't even yours at all- it was one of Yoongi's that he'd given to you) over your red underwear. It dropped down to almost, but not quite, halfway down your thighs. You slid into your house slippers and walked out of your bathroom and into your room. Sitting in front of the vanity, you brushed your hair out before standing and stretching with a yawn. 
        "Stretch any higher and I'll see what kind of underwear you're wearing." Your eyes flew open and you turned to see Yoongi crouching in the windowsill of the now-open window.
        "Damnit, Yoongi, you scared me!" you whisper-shouted, one hand over your rapidly beating heart as your mind wondered how he even got up to your upstairs bedroom. He chuckled and swung his legs through easily, landing with hardly a sound.
        "Sorry for scaring you," he said, coming up to you and pulling you into his arms.
        "What are you even doing here?" you asked, leaning your head against his chest. 
        "I said I'd see you real soon, didn't I?" You nodded and pulled away, setting your hairbrush back on the vanity. "Were you about to go to sleep?" Again, you nodded. 
        "Good. Me too," he said, taking off his shoes. 
        "What? Here?! You can't!" you whispered frantically.
        "Chill, jagiya, nobody will know but you and me," he said, grinning.
        "But I-" your eyes widened as he started to his shirt. "Min Yoongi!" 
        He took two strides toward you, making you instinctively back up- right into a wall. You slid down the wall a tiny bit in attempt to get away from him, your face leveling with his chest- which was now very exposed thanks to his half-undone shirt. "Yes?" he asked teasingly, his voice low and y. 
        "What on earth are you doing?" You asked, your voice shaking nervously.
        "I always sleep shirtless, baby," he murmured, chuckling to himself. 
        "Y-You can't, I-" 
        A sudden knock on your door cut you off, making you both freeze. Yoongi recovered first, a lazy, teasing grin slowly making it's way onto his face. He raised one eyebrow as if to say 'Aren't you going to answer?'
        You gulped and took a deep breath. "Yeah?" you called out, praying your voice wasn't shaky. 
        "Sweetie, don't forget to turn out your lights," called your mother through the door. 
        "O-Oh, yeah, I won't," you managed, still looking at Yoongi's neck and chest right in front of you.
        "Okay, good night," she said before turning out the upstairs hall light and heading back down. You sighed in relief attempted to pushed him away. He only chuckled like he was enjoying your anxiety and held his ground.
        "It's late. You should be at home right now," you told him, trying not to be flustered by the fact that he had you trapped against the wall in your own room. At the word 'home', his expression changed and you knew that, unintentionally, you'd hit a nerve.
        "Nobody will notice anyway," he muttered, his voice guarded.
        You knew the one thing he never wanted was pity so instead of trying to say anything about it, you changed the subject.
        "Well, move so I can sleep! Ever heard of personal space?" you asked with mock indignation.
        One corner of his mouth quirked up into a cocky smirk. "One kiss and I'll move," he said.
        "Oh come on, twice in one day?"
        "The first one didn't count because I kissed you. Not the other way around."
        "I did too kiss you!" He rolled his eyes.
        "A kiss on the cheek in this kind of situation doesn't count."
        "Ughhh. Fine," you said, giving in. You looked up and lightly touched your lips to his. Just as you were about to push him away, he grabbed you around the waist and pulled you so that you were standing straight up. You gasped as he kissed you deeply, pressing you against the wall with no room in between you two. You gripped his shoulders to stay balanced since you were on your toes. "Yoongi-ah," you murmured in between kisses, "we can't..." 
        Suddenly, he pulled away, only to hit the light switch on the wall behind you and sweep you off your feet, bridal-style. The only light came through the window from the full moon and he made his way through the dark room to your bed. He laid you down gently, and then climbed on top of you. 
        "Y-Yah, what are you-" He cut you off with another kiss and even in the dim light, anyone would have been able to see your red face. You went on instinct and couldn't help but loop your arms around his neck to pull him closer.
        This was so new to you since he was usually- surprisingly- a total sweetheart who, though incredibly greasy at times, had never done anything like this before.
        You ran your hands down his chest, exposed by his half-undone shirt. His skin was smooth and pale, like cream and sugar. 
        Hands at your waist, he suddenly flipped onto his back so that you were now on top of him. "Yoongi...?"
        You were unsure of what you were even doing. He smiled and took your hands, weaving your fingers with his. 
        "You're so beautiful," he murmured. Your cheeks heated and he smiled, sitting up so that he leaned against the headboard with you straddling his lap. His arms wrapped around your waist and he tilted his head up slightly so that you were forehead to forehead. Leaning in, you kissed his lips, soft and sweet. He undid the rest of his shirt buttons and pulled it off, tossing it blindly to the side. You looked away, a little embarrassed, and he laughed softly. 
        "You don't have to be shy," he said, "it's just me."
        You slid your hands down his chest and torso, loving the smoothness of his skin, marred only by a few scars. You knew he and the boys were good kids, but there were some things about the way they lived that weren't great.
        Seeing them made your heart squeeze and you gently traced the largest one. He realized what you were doing and took your hand, palm facing him, and kissed your pulse point on your wrist.
        Without a word, he pulled up the covers, slid down, and turned so that the two of you faced each other.
        "I haven't had a good night's sleep in a long time. I have a feeling that's going to change with you next to me," he murmured, pulling you close. He radiated warmth and you smiled as he reached up and your hair, moving it away from your face.
        Leaning forward, you kissed his forehead sweetly. He blinked, surprise and you giggled. "Sleep well, Yoongi-ah." A shy, child-like smile formed on his tired face and you snuggled into his bare chest.
        For the next hour, you feigned sleep, listening to his heart beating and feeling his chest rise and fall with every breath. He felt a little tense at first, but you felt him gradually relax until you were sure he was asleep.

        The next morning, you woke to find yourself tangled in bed sheets and Yoongi, his arms looped around you and one of your legs hooked around his, the blanket wrapping both of you together like a present.
        You stretched and attempted to get up, but his arms around you held you in place. "Where are you going?" he asked, his husky, sleepy voice making you shiver. 
        "I usually get up at this time," you said gently, trying to sit up. He pulled you back down and you yelped as you tugged down your shirt which had ridden dangerously high up.
        He opened his eyes and blinked the sleep away. "It's okay, jagiya. Red is my favorite on you," he said, looking at you innocently. Your eyebrows furrowed, as he winked at you, already greasy at 8 AM. 
        You gasped, realizing what he meant. "Y-You saw?! When?!" 
        He smirked and shrugged as you rolled over to face the other way in embarrassment. Chuckling, he turned and hugged you from behind, his chest to your back.
        "I was right," he murmured, his hands finding yours.
        "About what?" you asked, hoping he wouldn't make some joke about your choice of undergarments. 
        "About getting a good night's sleep with you next to me," he whispered.
        Your heart melted and you squeezed his hands lovingly. "You should sleep here more often, then," you said softly. He stiffened behind you, almost as though he was unsure of if you meant it or not. Shifting, you turned back to face him again.
        "Do you really mean that?" he asked hesitantly, looking like he was afraid you'd say no. This was the sensitive, broken, child-like Min Yoongi, not the cocky, playboy Suga that everyone else saw.
        "Yes," you whispered. 
        "So I can sleep here with you?" he asked.
        "Yes," you replied.
        Without another word, he leaned in and kissed you gently, sweetly, lovingly- because he knew that whenever he was with you, he was home.