Final

Of Colds and Doubts

A/N: I don't know what happened but I was just cursing at how my colds had been terrible and then I was writing a Jinyoung suffering from terrible colds too. Then Dongwoo popped out on my lap, flashing his dreamy smile and making a heart sign. "Let me love Jinyoung, Please" I hear lil Shinwoo scream and I mean, who am I to say no? =))


It’s one of those nights that Jinyoung dreads as he shifts on his bed feeling angsty, ty and pew-y. He scrams for the tissues box and grunts feeling it empty, probably for an hour, but he’s too lazy to get up and get a new one from the drawer.

Everyone else is sleeping peacefully and he tries to sniff lightly, afraid to shake his bandmates awake. He just got home an hour and a half ago and Sunwoo whimpered at the sudden light in the room. Surely, any sign of noise would just shake Chansik awake, and a woken Chansik is a no-caring Chansik at all. Jinyoung figured the last time he accidentally woken Chansik from a deep slumber. He tries his best, ever futile at that because the drip from his nose is unbearable, frustrating and everything disgusting in between. He sulks at the icky feeling his colds had caused him.

He turns to his side to face the wall and he breathes drastically through his mouth because both of his nostrils are clogged like the drainage. He closes his eyes and sighs (a little too lightly at that too because he might wake Sunwoo) as he pulls the blanket close to his face to block the coldness brushing his body.

Who knew that a few nights of staying up late after getting home late could lead to an intense havoc of colds? Giving up and thinking that trying his best to stay silent while sniffing like a crying kid would just lead to more catastrophe.

He gets up and squeaks the door ever so lightly and escapes the loud snores of his bandmates, drunk in sleep.

He lies on the couch, after switching on the lounge lights and breathes ever so hard through his mouth. He figured that his nose had no use right now and he fears at how red it probably look like right now. He grunts. He sniffs. He curses.

“Jinyoung?”

He tenses. He gets up and sits.

Jinyoung stares at the voice and finds Dongwoo gazing at him through tired eyes. He forgets that Dongwoo is having a shoot and is coming home late. He wonders what time is it right now because he clearly remembers going home at around one in the morning, and it has been more than hours since he’s home. He shakes his head. He doesn’t want to compute how much the time had passed because he’s too busy dealing with his terrible colds.

Dongwoo closes the entrance door and walks to him. Jinyoung looks at him with red eyes, all from yawning and sniffing, combined. The latter places a hand on Jinyoung’s forehead and frowns.

“You’re coming down with a flu,” he says in a tone miserably and Jinyoung pouts. who else needs a perfect combination of colds and flu right now? He shakes the idea of getting sick just before they start practicing for their new songs and dances. A leader can’t be sick, a leader has to be always strong and fit and healthy.

“Why are you here?” Dongwoo asks as he lays his bag on the floor and looks at Jinyoung with worry.

“I couldn’t sleep,” Jinyoung reasons and even before he could continue his narration of how his colds ruined his sleep, Dongwoo pushes him down back on the couch and wipes the tear from the corner of Jinyoung’s eyes after letting out a yawn.

“Stay here.” Dongwoo commands and retrieves to their bedroom. Jinyoung stays still, like a kid obeying his mom when told not to move a muscle in the supermarket as she gets a tray of eggs down the aisle. He yawns again and shifts to his side. He stares at the wooden floor and hears the door creak open and then close.

He hears Dongwoo’s footsteps and he looks up to see Dongwoo had changed into his pyjamas, with a white shirt and hair still neat. He wraps a blanket and comforter around Jinyoung, tucking the ends on Jinyoung’s sides and placing a pillow under his head.

‘Have you eaten’ Jinyoung wants to ask but he can’t just utter out words when he’s with Dongwoo. He’s known as the Fearless Leader but do they know that sometimes it’s an understatement. Dongwoo looks at him like he’s reading whatever it is creeping in Jinyoung’s mind.

They’ve been together for more than three years now and he know Dongwoo like the back of his hand, and he knows Dongwoo knows a lot about him more too. And that maybe, Dongwoo knows him more than how he knows himself.

He’s never good with words when he’s with Dongwoo because he’s all contented with Dongwoo’s touch; how Dongwoo would his cheeks when Jinyoung’s tired just to make Jinyoung feel better, or how Jinyoung would pinch Dongwoo’s whenever Dongwoo would look lost when they lay together in bed or couch listening to his iPod or watching something on the television.

“Stay here, I’ll make you some tea,” he hears Dongwoo and he nods simply while basking into the warmth of the covers surrounding him.

Jinyoung sometimes wonder, how they actually made it happen—their relationship. It’s no doubt that Dongwoo is the best and most reliable man out there. Anyone would want to date someone who’s strong, good-looking, smart and emphatic like Dongwoo. The problem is how Dongwoo managed to tolerate someone like Jinyoung. Jinyoung is different from Junghwan of course. Junghwan who’s loud and sometimes picky that leads to him and Sunwoo to fight most of the times.

But Jinyoung sometimes doubt himself, if this is all real; and if does, can they just stay like this always? He sniffs as he feels a liquid dripping from one of his nostrils.

“You’re like a kid,” Dongwoo mutters and Jinyoung attempts to argue but failed. Dongwoo wipes his nose and helps him sit up. “Have some tea.”

Jinyoung takes the cup and sips to it, slowly. Dongwoo sits on the floor across him and drinks onto his cup.

He watches the man he’d spent most of his times with, share his dreams with and the love of his life as he sips to his tea and sits right in front of him adoringly. He did ask Dongwoo a lot of times now, if he’d made the right decision of going out with Jinyoung and Jinyoung, in denial, blushes overtime Dongwoo would tell him, that he didn’t regret anything with Jinyoung.

They are quiet while drinking their tea. Dongwoo reaches for the empty cup and walks to the kitchen. He decides that he can just wash them later, in the morning. He looks at Jinyoung who seems in a deep thought and smiles to himself. He turns off the light in the living room making Jinyoung let out a soft sound. He switches the kitchenette light on, adjusting it to his liking. He approaches Jinyoung and climbs over the couch, under the covers and beside the lanky man looking at him.

“How are the colds?”

“Terrible,” Jinyoung whimpers and Dongwoo smiles before sliding himself closer to Jinyoung and adjusting them both so they can lie comfortably tighter. Dongwoo wraps an arm around Jinyoung’s shoulder and Jinyoung snuggles close, placing a hand on Dongwoo’s chest.

“How was filming?” Jinyoung asks and Dongwoo rubs his thumb on Jinyoung’s temple. Jinyoung had always liked being put into sleep in that way. He likes the simplest things the best most especially when Dongwoo’s the one responsible for those simplest things.

“Tiring. I can’t wait for it to finish. It’s so cold to shoot in November.” Dongwoo answers and places a kiss on Jinyoung’s forehead.

They fall silent again after that and Jinyoung enjoys the motion in his temples. “Why are you here, Jinyoung?”

“I told you I couldn’t sleep.” Jinyoung beckons, snuggling closer to Dongwoo, “And I’m afraid.” Afraid of losing this, of losing you. And I don’t know why I’m thinking these things because I know you told me that it won’t happen but I just feel that this won’t last long and you’ll be gone and you will leave me.

Dongwoo cups his chin and pulls him so that they’re facing at one another. “Afraid of what?”

“Of waking Sunwoo up,” Jinyoung sniffs and Dongwoo nods before eyeing him carefully and Jinyoung tenses a bit.

Now if he hadn’t have colds or flu, he’d probably be kissing Dongwoo right now but then he’s sick and if Dongwoo got infected because of him, all hell loose in the house because a sick Jinyoujng is okay, but a sick Dongwoo is like Korea dealing through a tremendous storm—chaos.

He feels Dongwoo massaging his temples again and he smiles, he thinks that he’ll reward Dongwoo the next time because Dongwoo’s really wonderful and good at making him fall asleep.

He sniffs and listens to Dongwoo’s controlled and harmonic heartbeats. He snuggles closer and Dongwoo leans down to press a kiss on Jinyoung’s forehead. “Let’s get some sleep. Tomorrow’s another day.” Dongwoo says and Jinyoung nods.

Jinyoung closes his eyes and thinks that probably worrying out too much will just lead to more complicated things. Besides, they are all perfectly fine now—staying and living perfectly well together. He wouldn't ask for more.