a day like this

A Day Like This

Seunghyun likes all things simple, because Seunghyun himself has only ever been complicated. He finds beauty in simplicity, whether it's a black and white photograph or this, when he and Seungri can spend lazy mornings together because they don't have anywhere to be. Seunghyun prefers these mornings, not the ones where he's seeing Seungri off at the door and wondering when he can see him again. So for now, he'll enjoy all the time he gets.

Seunghyun grabs a cup of coffee from the kitchen, because if there's one thing he needs to wake up in the morning, it's caffeine. And whatever method Seungri was going to use to wake him up that week. It started off with Seungri banging on pots and pans to wake him up, even vacuum cleaners, and now-  years later, Seungri wakes him up with the smell of food, and if he's lucky, pancakes. Seunghyun smiles, taking a sip from his mug of coffee before setting it down and looking around for Seungri to drag him into the bathroom. 

"Yah!" Seungri protests, and Seunghyun can already tell he's hesitant. He motioned for Seungri to sit on the bathroom counter, after a moment hurrying to grab a can of shaving cream and a razor, sitting them down beside him.

"Are you sure you can do this with a steady hand? You're not allowed to cut my face! It's what brings in the money," Seungri says, rubbing his chin and above his lips to feel the stubble.

Seunghyun rolls his eyes with a small smile, pumping out some of the shaving cream into his hand and smearing it all over Seungri's stubble. "Aren't you the one that thinks you look the best clean shaven?" And somehow, Seunghyun had managed to cover the tip of Seungri's nose in the shaving cream.

"Hyung!" Seungri whines, scrunching his face up, something that looks even more comical with the combination of the shaving cream on his face. "Sorry," He lies, because he's not really sorry when he gets to see the cute and amusing expressions Seungri makes.

"I'll forgive you. This time." Seungri bluffs, and Seunghyun just smiles and reaches for the razor, holding the bottom of his chin and dragging it carefully along the skin. "Stay still, or I might cut something for real," Seunghyun teases lightly.

Seungri's lips are pursed and he's holding still, but Seunghyun can tell he wants him to finish it up already. He dips the razor in a glass of water to clean it, before bringing it back up to his face and running the razorblade along the side of his jaw. Seunghyun is watching him carefully to focus on what he's doing, but Seungri is avoiding eyecontact. Seunghyun usually avoids eye contact too, but Seungri doing such a thing is rare. He smiles, pulling the razor away to dip it in the glass of water.

"Everything alright, Seungri? If you're worried I'm staring at the pimple on your cheek, don't worry, it doesn't stare back." Seungri grimaces, before biting back with his own retort. "I don't have any pimples! And I don't have to go the bathroom either. I'm just that kind of idol," he grins, oozing with self confidence, confidence that's slowly fading away as he speaks again, sounding shy. "You have really intense eyes, okay?! It's hard not to feel a little unnerved when your face is that close to my face, and you're doing things to it."

Seunghyun raises a brow, smiling and resisting the urge to make a comment about the way that was phrased, leaving the razor in the glass. He cupped Seungri's face in his hands, all of it now smooth and mostly stubble free. Seungri just blinks, and then Seunghyun is moving in to press their lips together in a soft kiss. "So cute." He can tell Seungri is embarrassed now, and frankly, so is he, but all Seungri says is, "Hyung, you have shaving cream on your face now!"

Seunghyun doesn't care, so he raises a hand to wipe it off before Seungri grabs his hand to stop him. "Uhuh. My turn now. Hand me that razor! And then.. we can go back to bed. Together."

Mornings like this were definitely something special, he thinks.