Part Two 1/4

Waiting And Wanting

For Baekhyun, it’s not so much about work stress as it is about workplace frustration. It’s only been a few months since Kyungsoo’s been hired on the same publishing house he works in. Because they work in different departments, they don’t see each other often but Baekhyun always walks Kyungsoo home or to the bookstore. There are times though, when Kyungsoo barges into his workroom, preaching about deadlines and pointing out things in his manga that needed or could use, some improvements. Their author/illustrator—editor relationship is not at all like their friendship. Kyungsoo is a really, really, really good friend to have but a very, very strict, demanding, and impatient editor.

Things as they are, what frustrates Baekhyun is the new mystery writer working with Kyungsoo. He feels as though Kyungsoo isn’t spending as much time on his project as he does with the novelist. He also really thinks Kyungsoo is spending less time with him in general.

Baekhyun hates the novelist.

He hates his pseudonym too.

L.

L, like in that one Japanese anime where a lot of people die.

It’s just been about a little over two weeks but Kyungsoo and Myungsoo—L’s real name, are already acting like the best of friends. The pair has even garnered a few fans from among the company’s female populace. They’re called the “Soo Couple”. What’s worse, they’ve started calling each other pet names like kyungie and myungie. Such faked affections cause Baekhyun to cringe every single time he hears them.

 

 

“Are you jealous?” Jongdae isn’t even looking at him when he asks, giving Baekhyun an opening to flick his exposed forehead forcefully.

“It’s just that he’s always at the office…inside Kyungsoo’s office. Like, doesn’t he own a house? Can’t he write somewhere else?” It’s just frustrating for Baekhyun that this guy has latched on to Kyungsoo in such a short span of time. It’s because of the guy that Kyungsoo has resorted to editing his work by mail. Every time he checks with Kyungsoo, he’s just met with a lame, “I have this novel to edit first.” Or even worse, “Can you just send it to me by mail? I’m having dinner at home with someone.”

“I want Kyungsoo back.” Jongdae does look up this time, and he smirks.

“What?”

“I want him back. I want my Kyungsoo back.”

Jongdae weighs his options. He misses pulling on people’s strings and manipulating events. This could be a challenge however. Still…, “I have a plan…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------so.....this took way longer than i thought but hey, i updated!!! Yehey!!!....i'll add more soon...i just...game of thrones next next week....hehehe