introductions

introductions
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was his mother’s last day in South Korea, and while Jackson was sad that he got to see his parents only for a few days, he’s still immensely grateful to his CEO for somehow getting his parents to come, and for Christmas of all times.He had spent the past three days taking his parents out and about, and introducing them to his group members and other friends, until his father had to leave a day ago for a business trip. It was a shame, really, as the one friend he really wanted to introduce his parents to had been extraordinarily busy writing and composing songs in preparation for her solo debut. Even now, when he contacted some of the SM artists when he couldn’t get in touch with Amber, they’d all told him that she had basically holed herself up in the studio after she got a burst of inspiration, and the only time they saw her was when they dropped by to get her some food and tried to cajole her to go out with them. It really was quite the dilemma, and in the end, Jackson decided to just crash the studio. He’d settle for a quick introduction, so long as his mother and Amber actually met each other.

About four hours before his mother had to get to the airport (thank heavens for late afternoon flights), Jackson made his mother comfortable in the GOT7 van, and his manage drove the two of them to the SME building, where they were instantly welcomed by the front desk.

Carefully supporting his mother, they slowly made their way to the third floor where the practice room and studios were. They met several SM artists meandering about, some having just finished practice, others getting ready to record, and others still simply hanging about. All greeted Jackson and his mother cheerfully, charming and friendly as ever.

They finally reached their destination, and Jackson rapped on the door before trying the door. Finding it unlocked, he lightly pushed it open to find a rather endearing image of the f(x) rapper sleeping on top of her papers, a pencil still in her slack grip. 

"Perhaps we should leave her be," Mrs. Wang said, motherly concern etched on her face as Jackson reached out to pull the pencil out of the sleeping girl’s hand.

Either Amber was a really light sleeper or she wasn’t fully sleeping to begin with, because she twitched before stretching her arms out, much like a cat, and let out a large yawn. She was completely unaware that there were other people the room, so when Mrs. Wang coughed, Amber quickly turned her head around, almost getting whiplash, and (there was no other word for it, though she would never admit that it happened) yelped at the sight of Jackson and his mother.

The realization that she had guests finally processed in her brain, and she was suddenly wide awake and trying to finger comb her hair and straighten out her clothes in an attempt to look presentable. 

But before she could start to shuffle her papers and make the table look at least somewhat neat, Jackson had already sat his mother down in a free chair and stepped forward to pull Amber into a large hug with an enthusiastic, “What’s up, Am?”

Returning the hug and his infectious smile, she waved an arm at the table behind and replied, “Working on the songs. Some of the others gave me some advice.”

She looked over his shoulder at the other woman in the room, unabashed curiosity on her face, and Jackson, noticing that Amber’s attention was elsewhere, stepped back and introduced his mother.

"Amber, this is my mom," he said in English. Then switching to Cantonese, he told his mother, "This is Amber, the one I’ve told you about. She’s one of my first and closest friends here."

Mrs. Wang’s mouth opened in an ‘O’ before smiling warmly at the f(x) member and bowed as much as her back would allow her. In accented English, she said gratefully, “It’s nice to meet you. Thank you for taking care of my son.”

Please log in to read the full chapter